The Student Room Group

WJEC Law A2 LW5

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Thank you all so mUch for all the help you have given me for the past few days on my law, how did your exam go ?
for paper 4 i answerd the question about Murder (John and Ruby) and Non Fatal Offences (Tyrone and Percy) and for Paper 5 i answred the question on Bail and CPS , was fairly allright , however dont think i did as well as i could have to maintain my AS grade (A) but lets see

let me know how you lot did
now i gotta focuas on lw6 Synptic Killer arrgh...
my teacher has told us to revise everything on
Police Powers
CPS
Bail
Juries
Legal Aid
and Criminal Courts and Process
(you may need to know a general defence to )

Newayz a Big shout to Irfaan an others who have helped me get through this stress loaded time lol :wink:
Reply 81
for lw4 non fatal i only wrote about 3 offences (assualt battery and abh) all described correctly but not applied to the scenario properly. defences were mistake self defence and voluntary intoxication. can some pls give me an approximation on what i probably got plz ??? i know its not gnna b good considerin i only dne 3 offences
Reply 82
irfaan12
How did it go guys? How did you find it? What question did you answer. I thought it went quite good actually. I did:
LW4
Q2 - didn't really like this question because there was to much happening. I included all the non fatal offences. It was ok though. Defences i used was voluntary intoxication and self-defence.

Q4 - Was quite good. Talked about murder, Actus reus mens rea, causation, provocation and constructive manslaughter.

LW5:
Q1 - Strict liability. Loved it! had a whole structure in my mind. Wrote 4 pages on it. Included many cases to.

Q3. Police complaints. Again loved it! 4 pages again.

What about you guys?

Ditto. :smile:

Decided I liked the look of non-fatal more than PP so went for it and think I did well. :smile:
Reply 83
hey just found this thread! :smile:

sounds like you guys did pretty well, i did:

LW4: 1 and 2, which was the police powers and the non-fatal offences... think that one went pretty well... added sections from PACE!

LW4: 3 and 4, was the complaints system (IPCC) and consent (falls under non-fatal offences)
the ipcc was pretty good but think i lacked knowledge about consent, stuck between choosing the provocation question lol.

what you think will come up friday (LW6)
Reply 84
elaale
for lw4 non fatal i only wrote about 3 offences (assualt battery and abh) all described correctly but not applied to the scenario properly. defences were mistake self defence and voluntary intoxication. can some pls give me an approximation on what i probably got plz ??? i know its not gnna b good considerin i only dne 3 offences

i wrote something about a possibility of plea bargaining... because in our packs it says charges could be reduced if plea guilty.

but cant give you a great indication, i did that question as well and mentioned like intoxication (voluntary) and maybe transferrd malice which is what i mentioned
Reply 85
I did 1 & 2 for lw4 which was the pace and non fatal offences
lw5 I did CPS and IPCC
I think it went well, with law even if you think you did badly you usually do okay because there very easy markers!! so hopes up haha
Can we start up some good discussion on LW6? Im slightly worried haha I hate that you don't have a choice!!
Reply 86
Ok ... must start LW6 revision! lol

We need to know
- All police powers :frown: so we need to know the PACE act
- Bail
- Precedent (Synoptic)
- CPS
- Juries (Synoptic)
- Appeals (synoptic)
- Magistrates
- Legal Aid (Synoptic) in relation to criminal legal aid. i.e. criminal defence service
- Defences
- Statutory interpretation (Synoptic)
- Human Rights Act (Synoptic) Dont need to know this in great deal buts its good if you can remember the articles.

These are the type of topics that come up. There will be 5 questions each 5 marks each. You have to answer the question in relation to a scenario... which is usually a long one! as it tests you on all parts.

What i'm gonna do is read through all my notes. Write down everything i find difficult and hard to remember and just constantly revise them lol. Might do 2-3 past papers and look at mark schemes.
To be honest i'm not to bothered about this paper ... its my last exam and im slacking of!
Anyway if you need help just ask away!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERY1 IN YOUR REVISION AND FOR THE EXAM ON FRIDAY IN ADVANCE :smile:
Reply 87
irfaan12
Ok ... must start LW6 revision! lol

We need to know
- All police powers :frown: so we need to know the PACE act
- Bail
- Precedent (Synoptic)
- CPS
- Juries (Synoptic)
- Appeals (synoptic)
- Magistrates
- Legal Aid (Synoptic) in relation to criminal legal aid. i.e. criminal defence service
- Defences
- Statutory interpretation (Synoptic)
- Human Rights Act (Synoptic) Dont need to know this in great deal buts its good if you can remember the articles.

hey.. thanks for letting us know these topics come up!

just abit confused still.. what do you mean by magistrates.. what do we have to learn exactly? and also do you know which defences we need to know? as far as i know its only self-defence and mistake.
thanks again!
Reply 88
hey i was wondering whether or not your meant to know sentencing as my teacher was like that will definetly come up...thanks in advance
Reply 89
well it could anything from the A'2 topics, and a few selection from the A's - mentioned by Sandmants...

and yeah i agree, i'm beginning to slack off a bit lol its an hour... hopefully the question that day will be good!!!
Reply 90
Hey Irfaan ,

my teacher has got in touch with the exam board and we have been told to revise to revise the folwoiing for Fridays exam
Police Powers
Bail
CPS
Juries
Legal Aid
Criminal Courts and Appeal Process,

so as far as i know we havnt been told to revise anything related to judicial Precedent or Stat Interp....

Neways do we have to revise General Defences? Becuase last few years back i think , one of the defendants had the defence of Mistake?

Let me know people
Reply 91
rejwan123
Hey Irfaan ,

my teacher has got in touch with the exam board and we have been told to revise to revise the folwoiing for Fridays exam
Police Powers
Bail
CPS
Juries
Legal Aid

so as far as i know we havnt been told to revise anything related to judicial Precedent or Stat Interp....

Neways do we have to revise General Defences? Becuase last few years back i think , one of the defendants had the defence of Mistake?

Let me know people

All the topics I have noted have came up previously on past papers. That is why I reccomend to revise them ... since they may come up again.
Yes general defence has come up previously and so has all the other topics that i have mentioned.
By the way i've done no revision! I need to crack on!:eek3:
Reply 92
rejwan123
Hey Irfaan ,

Police Powers
Bail
CPS
Juries
Legal Aid

Let me know people

Heya
Was just wondering how come WJEC gave your lecturer a heads up, are you sure? I don't wanna leave something out but then I don't wanna spend time revising things that wont come up.
Reply 93
Welshgirl
Heya
Was just wondering how come WJEC gave your lecturer a heads up, are you sure? I don't wanna leave something out but then I don't wanna spend time revising things that wont come up.

Lol that is exactly what I was thinking!
I fear that something else might come up that i haven't revised.
The exam board would not give out information like that!:confused:
Reply 94
irfaan12
Lol that is exactly what I was thinking!
I fear that something else might come up that i haven't revised.
The exam board would not give out information like that!:confused:

Yeah because that would give some an unfair advantage over others and I do not believe an exam board would do that. My "tactic" is to do all the past papers and hopefully that would be enough. Just think that if in the worst scenario something you hadn't revised properly came up. the question would only be worth 5 marks and Im sure you could blag your way through it to get atleast 3 marks so don't worry. if LW4 n LW5 went well for you thats less pressure for this exam. :smile:
Reply 95
Well Basically , when we stated preparing for the synoptic paper, my teacher got in touch with the board, asking them how to teach 'her students' the synptic part of the exam and the recommended students revise the topics i have mentioned, i am not goign to say its 100% true but we've been told this by our teacher and as far as i know she is really reliable, one of the best teachers at our sixth form! it was because of her i got an 'A' for AS Law... But anways people up to you ..
by the way for Police Powers we got to know the following
Code A - Stop and Search in Public Place
Code B - Searching a Premesis with and without a Warrant
Code C - Detention, Treatment, Questioning Suspects
Code G - general Powers of arrest
am i right?
Reply 96
its tomorrow!!!!

was going to the library but just going to read the revision book :biggrin:
Reply 97
Exam tomorow ... i've done no revision!
Im really slacking off ... i dont seem to care about this exam lol
I'm just gonna read through notes and hopefully I will be fine!
Reply 98
Hey people......
How much are you looking to write about if its a '5' mark question each? 3 quaters of the page? each?
Reply 99
irfaan12
Exam tomorow ... i've done no revision!
Im really slacking off ... i dont seem to care about this exam lol
I'm just gonna read through notes and hopefully I will be fine!

haha same man, been on this forum for about an hour now... just posting in some thread about food budgetting :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending