The Student Room Group

WJEC Law A2 LW5

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Does anyone know how to get the full 5 marks for the question on appeals??
Reply 101
Welshgirl
Does anyone know how to get the full 5 marks for the question on appeals??

Most the time it'll be about the crown court

"XYZ" can appeal his conviction by going to the COA - criminal division.

s/he must make his/her appeal within 14 days of the trail - this can either be done verbally at the court or in writing

notice of appeal must be made within 28 days of conviction

leave of appeal is needed under the criminal appeal act 1995 and will be given by the trial judge or the appeal judge if the convicion is "unsafe" this means denied a fair trial

the COA can either quash or vary the conviction e.g. s20 instead of s18

if the COA reject the appeal they may in certain circumstances hear a 2nd appeal. the taylor vs lawrence states that 1) it must be clearly established that a significant injustice has probably been done and 2)tat there is no other alternative remedy

from the COA there can also be further appeal to the house of lards but leave will only be granted if the case involves a point of law that is o general public importance.
Reply 102
Hiya everyone!
Is anyone that's reading this taking their WJEC Law A2 exam this summer (in about 7weeks)?.I know **** all! :frown:.Was wondering if anyone had any tips/advice etc for me on how to prepare for the exams,LA3 and LA4.Im desperate! lol.I hate law but i really need to pass it to get into uni,so i basically have to know everything that i need to know in 7 weeks!. arghhh.Help anyone! thankss alot,for reading and replying. :smile:.xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending