The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

wowwww thats reassuring! GOOD on you for researching...why so low do we think?
Reply 21
starlight55
wowwww thats reassuring! GOOD on you for researching...why so low do we think?

Coz the papers are so hard that getting 65% is so difficult :frown:
yesiambored
Here :smile:

this chart baffles me....do you know where the B comes in?
Reply 23
I don't quite know how reassuring this is, but I'll jus pretend it is :biggrin:
Reply 24
does anyone have the listening mp3s for 2006 or 2007?
Zara_R
does anyone have the listening mp3s for 2006 or 2007?

I wish I had access to the listenings! Damnit, I'll just get myself confused if I do papers now though and get muddled between topics and vocabulary.

In general, I've been making lists of sortof key words for all the topics we've looked at and then need to get on with my tenses and grammar, I am appalling with aall of that basically :frown:

I'm hoping a similar theme to the german exam came up - a friend of mine who took french and german AS said that last year there were similar themes in each, and this year education and travel were quite common or something in her german, so might be worth going over those!
Reply 26
starlight55

i'm the only one in my year at school taking A2 french and have been so scared about these exams just because iv not had anyone to compare myself to and dont know whether its normal to find certain things bloody difficult!

am feeling allllllright about this unit as i feel quite familiar with the essay technique and structure, but am TERRIFIED for the translation in reading and writing. does anyone else find those really quite difficult?

ahh I'm the same as you! all aloneee.

I just don't really know how to revise for this exam...I've been learning vocab but there's always a chance you'll learn loads that's not relevant at all! gaaah. I'm gonna revise over all the complicated grammar stuff and just try and read and listen to as much French as poss I guess. This is definitely one of the hardest exams I'm doing I think :frown:
Reply 27
Just try writing up loads of the past questions, so you can get used to writing up essays in the time limit. I still keep reaching for the dictionary, there's always ONE word I never know :angry:
yodro
Just try writing up loads of the past questions, so you can get used to writing up essays in the time limit. I still keep reaching for the dictionary, there's always ONE word I never know :angry:

There's still HUNDEREDS of words I never know! Haha. I think I'll glance through some old papers but mainly listen to French news tomorrow to get my ear familiar and then go over all my tenses. At least that way I shouldn't lose too much to inaccuracy. At least I hope...
Hey guys- i'm really worried bout the exam on tuesday-
dunno how to revise (Any suggestions??)...
By da way is anyone doin the edexcel version of the DISCURSIVE ESSAY and have ant tips:s-smilie:

thks
Reply 30
SoulSisterM
Hey guys- i'm really worried bout the exam on tuesday-
dunno how to revise (Any suggestions??)...
By da way is anyone doin the edexcel version of the DISCURSIVE ESSAY and have ant tips:s-smilie:

thks

Make sure you include an introduction and conclusion, and some key grammar structures such as the subjunctive, apres avoir, avant de and so forth.
I Am So Not Ready For This Exam!!!
last year for AS when there wasnt even any choice my oral topic was the writing topic!
i went from my meddddiioooocre writing skills to getting 120/120 on my reading and writing paper. could have been down to revision....but im guessing no :P.

the absolute worst thing about this paper is how they seem to be soo arbitary as to what they want you to do, one year you will lose marks because you answered two questions simillarly, and then next year for some reasn thats pretty much what they want you to do. i swear on every reading paper there is always one question where its like....whaaaa???

as for writing...we didnt get a choice, we do discursive but frankly its the best, especially if you have good ideas. but ive been told not to be opinionated on it incase i insult the examiner, which is ridiculous. what if a topic like ID cards come up again?? its kinda scary that your grade can be based even minorly on someone sharing the same views as you?
Frontier
Make sure you include an introduction and conclusion, and some key grammar structures such as the subjunctive, apres avoir, avant de and so forth.

thankuuuu..... gonna b up all night doin this - SOO TEDIOUS!
scaryhair
I Am So Not Ready For This Exam!!!

Keep persevering- BON CHANCE!!
SoulSisterM
Keep persevering- BON CHANCE!!

Merci! Any last-minute tips? I'm really not very good at pronouns :s-smilie:
sorry its so late- just got up and i'm revising, but if you get this just remember!

SUBJECT PRONOUN + VERB (THE PRONOUN GOES BEFORE THE VERB)

e.g... Maurice LES donnent une pomme....

Maurice gave THEM an apple....
How about in things the the perfect/pluperfect etc?
how is "dont" used?
Reply 39
So when is it we're allowed to start discussing this exam?

Latest

Trending

Trending