The Student Room Group
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

If the laws are the same as in England and Wales:

0.4 ounces of cannabis is not REALLY a tiny bit. a tiny bit would be enough for a joint or two. You will have to convince the police/courts that you only intended to use it for private consumption ad NOT to sell. Supply is treated FAR more harshly than use.

You are an adult, so you could expect a prison sentance of up to two years! Courts, especially on first offences for class C drugs, are very reluctant to hand out such hefty punishments. It is likely instead that you will be ordered to a drug rehabilitation clinic or take other stops to prove to the courts that you will no longer continue in your use of cannabis.

You are lucky this time: you will get the equivalent of a slap on the wrists! May I suggest that you give up cannabis...

or at the very least NOT get caught again! (how the HELL did you get caught?)
Reply 2
Alright thanks man for the information
Made my worries a little better, Well I got caught because I was baked when I saw them and I sorta forgot I had the drugs.
Another question how do I get a lawyer for the court?
Your parents MUST have a solicitor...
if not book to go to see one. there must be dozens of high-street lawyers near you!
Reply 4
SlicerAD
Hi
I recently was caught with the possesion of a little bit of cannabis (0.4 ounces) by the police in Hong Kong. This is my first crime, but I am 18, so legally I am an adult. So I was wondering what is the penalty and what procedures do I need to go through in court? Thank You for your time.

You can reply to me either here or through my email: [email protected]

So are you living in hong kong and got caught there or were you just visiting and got caught there? Just out of curiosity hehe

Latest

Trending

Trending