The Student Room Group

Police application, former drug use

I don't know if anyone on here can help with this, but worth a try

I have passed my final interview for a police officer role and so I'm filling out my medical form, and it asks

Have you used ‘recreational’ drugs, misused prescription drugs or taken any other ‘controlled’ drugs?

I have tried cannabis 3 times, most recently about 2 years ago. What is going to happen when I tick yes? Further questioning, rejection, nothing - just the drug test is what matters?

I'm not asking so I can lie. If it's a no I'd rather just know so I can withdraw rather than worry about it for months.

This government page:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/national-recruitment-standards-eligibility-criteria-for-police-recruitment-and-consistent-recruitment-practices
says "Minor drugs offences or substance abuse - no more than one offence and only after 2 years have elapsed"

so I don't know if it happening 3 times would rule me out - or is that only talking about an actual offence where you've been cautioned etc, which certainly never happened
Original post by HM79

I have passed my final interview for a police officer role and so I'm filling out my medical form, and it asks

Have you used ‘recreational’ drugs, misused prescription drugs or taken any other ‘controlled’ drugs?

I have tried cannabis 3 times, most recently about 2 years ago. What is going to happen when I tick yes? Further questioning, rejection, nothing - just the drug test is what matters?

I'm not asking so I can lie. If it's a no I'd rather just know so I can withdraw rather than worry about it for months.

This government page:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/national-recruitment-standards-eligibility-criteria-for-police-recruitment-and-consistent-recruitment-practices
says "Minor drugs offences or substance abuse - no more than one offence and only after 2 years have elapsed"

so I don't know if it happening 3 times would rule me out - or is that only talking about an actual offence where you've been cautioned etc, which certainly never happened

Just be truthful with your medical form as they will get information from your GP on whatever they need to know.
Tell truth now is better than being accused of lying which is possibly worse.

At worse they'll reject your application on grounds on previous drugs use, but it not necessary a no no with it as they may still take you in but could be asked for regular drug testing which they do with the staff.
Reply 2
Yo dumbass lie
Original post by HM79

This government page:

What did you do in the end mate?
Reply 4
Original post by MasterOogway95
What did you do in the end mate?

I'd appreciate knowing the outcome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending