The Student Room Group

designated degree - scottish universities

I have just completed my second year at Glasgow university. I passed all the exams and got the grade point average required to get into honurs years. However, as my degree choice was so popular, I didn't get in. So they have offered me a place on the designated degree.

Has anyone been in the same position? I am so disappointed as I did meet the requirements I was told would get me into honours!! Has anyone managed to get a transfer to honours after completing the designated degree?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Reply 1
rachstar
I have just completed my second year at Glasgow university. I passed all the exams and got the grade point average required to get into honurs years. However, as my degree choice was so popular, I didn't get in. So they have offered me a place on the designated degree.

Has anyone been in the same position? I am so disappointed as I did meet the requirements I was told would get me into honours!! Has anyone managed to get a transfer to honours after completing the designated degree?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

My department offer a 'tracker' system whereby getting a certain grade in third year allows you to move up to Honours. Your department may have something similar.
Reply 2
TheOneWho
My department offer a 'tracker' system whereby getting a certain grade in third year allows you to move up to Honours. Your department may have something similar.

Ok thanks, I'm trying to contact my advisor but she is away from office. I'm considering appealing as my results are good enough for honours, and there are so many options for biology I'm sure there must be space on at least one Honours course. If not I guess I will have to hope I get in after doing the designated year. :mad:
Reply 3
Hi, how did u get on at the end? Did u manage to get into honours after designated degree?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending