The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Pixiepeep wrote:
I'm not "dissin" any other of the accommodation. I just happen to ardantly admire the beeches as it will be my home until July, wherein I move to Hubert Road in Selly Oak

Hubert Road! whereabouts I'm going to be living on their next year too, but right at the bottom of it though.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
mojo_magic
Go on..someone apply for mason hall...would be amusing at least (and it is the best halls anyway - i know very unhappy people in tennis courts and elgar court)

You can't apply for it this year :smile:
YouKnewThat!
You can't apply for it this year :smile:

I know that, but it would be funny if someone put it on their form coz effectively they are asking to live in a building site. Thats why i said it would be amusing...
mojo_magic
I know that, but it would be funny if someone put it on their form coz effectively they are asking to live in a building site. Thats why i said it would be amusing...

Ah ok apologies.
Yeh someone should do this!
Reply 224
I'm not fussed which halls I end up in, as long as I don't have to share a room. What are the chances of that? Must be quite high now Mason Hall isn't available?
safc26
Pixiepeep wrote:

Hubert Road! whereabouts I'm going to be living on their next year too, but right at the bottom of it though.

The 2nd the furthest house away from uni :s-smilie: 15 mins walk!
davesstones
So you do agree that tennis courts is better? :p:

*runs

I've never been in Tennis Courts. So I can't possibly judge.

*and you'd best be running*
Reply 227
Tennis courts is the best.

And I'm going to be about the 6th furthest house from the uni, its a nice house though.
Reply 228
Hello everyone, I was just wondering if there are any current Birmingham students who could help me out here...I'm going to be in the uni as of 2006, and I'm sorting out accomodation. I'm pretty keen on either Shackleton Hall or Manor House...are there any major pros or cons associated with them?
Any advice would be appreciated,
-Leo-
Hello everyone, I was just wondering if there are any current Birmingham students who could help me out here...I'm going to be in the uni as of 2006, and I'm sorting out accomodation. I'm pretty keen on either Shackleton Hall or Manor House...are there any major pros or cons associated with them?
Any advice would be appreciated,

Only that Manor House is about eleventy miles from anywhere, and next to a rather dubious council estate....

Any idea which is the best self-catered hall (which has best social life). Ive got an unconditonal offer from Birmingham (but no offers on other 5 unis). Is it true you dont get to choose which accomodation is your preference?

Personally I think Elgar Court or Tennis Courts. It is true that you don't get to choose, however if you scribble all over your form that you are desperate for one hall, they may increase your chances of staying there...
Reply 230
Right well I got back from visiting B'ham yesterday and loved. So I have put it down as my firm choice on UCAS.
Now do I wait till they send me a confirmation letter or something back, or just fill in the accommodation form now and get it sent off?
Reply 231
na, just go for it and send the form off.
Reply 232
Right well I've sent it off, hoping for catered en suite but not too fussed if I don't get it.
Would be rubbish if I ended up in Manor House, it's miles away from all the action. Do they usually put people who are doing courses that are taught at the Sellyoak campus in there?
Can you still send off you accomodation form even if you havent got your last offer and replied to a firm and insurance yet? I mean im definetly putting bham as my Firm...so I might as well send my form off soon? Right..?
burned_out_58
Can you still send off you accomodation form even if you havent got your last offer and replied to a firm and insurance yet? I mean im definetly putting bham as my Firm...so I might as well send my form off soon? Right..?

You can. They will send you a postcard when they get the form, and just disregard your application if you don't put down as your firm/insurance choice :smile:
Reply 235
richardw
Right well I've sent it off, hoping for catered en suite but not too fussed if I don't get it.
Would be rubbish if I ended up in Manor House, it's miles away from all the action. Do they usually put people who are doing courses that are taught at the Sellyoak campus in there?

Ooop, got another question, should really stop worrying about this but ah well!
When my cousin went to B'ham Uni he was in catered halls and had to share a room with someone else. Does this still happen? Would be a rubbish I reckon!
Reply 236
mmm i think it's very rare. you'd have to be incredibly unlucky for it to happen.
birmingham are my insurance, should i still send off my accommodation form? and if i put down a specific place i want to be, is it likely they wont take any notice because i didnt put them as firm?
*jelly_baby*
birmingham are my insurance, should i still send off my accommodation form? and if i put down a specific place i want to be, is it likely they wont take any notice because i didnt put them as firm?

You should still send it off and put down a preference, if there are any spaces in that hall left when they come to allocate insurance choices they will still take it into account :smile:
Hey guys,

My form is all finished! Yay...finally I've put it off long enough. However, my parents will be moving away sometime next year after the academic year Sept 06, should I include their address? I mean our house will be on rent, so I can still recieve mail there, a friend of mine said I should add a cover letter explaining this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending