The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Its there and they have almost finished the outside so I think that it will be done by sept 2008. Its really pretty on the outside though. I put mason down as my second option for housing at brum.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Aarrrrgggggh!
Ok, So I've made my mind up that I wanna go to brum uni.
BUT when do I need to have the accommodation stuff sorted? Is it too late to get my first choice or do they not decided until the deadline :s-smilie:?

HELP please :confused:
Reply 582
U need to have it sorted by 31st may to be guaranteed accom in sept. There is no guarantee of gettin ur first choice, its just a first come first server basis. So the earlier you send it in, the more likely u'll get what u want.
I applied for accommodation tonight (after finally firming Birmingham) and put down in order: Elgar, Mason, Tennis and Maple Bank. But now I fear I waited too long and won't get any of those... :s-smilie:
Reply 584
Even if you don't get your first two choices, you've got a good chance of ending up in Tennis Courts - it's huge!
This is a bit of an aside, but I'm wondering whether we should have a seperate article for accomodation on the wiki? There's so much (great) detail on the halls that are already up there, and if people add more then the main entry could get huge.
Reply 586
Just started the online application and it asked for my next of kin address?? any one know what this is??
Reply 587
Usually your parents, just in case anything happens to you and Housing Services urgently need to contact them. Only for emergencies really!
Applied for Tennis Courts, yaaaaaaay. :biggrin: I'm actually really excited you know, hahaa.

I was just wondering (not that i expect anyone to know), how much more do the refurbished flats cost in comparison to non-refurbed. I know non-refurbed are £3271, but any ideas on newer versions? Thanks for yo' help (:
Reply 589
Which is the 'worst' halls at Brum? :teeth:
Reply 590
Worst in what sense? In terms of atmosphere, or location, or cost, or standard?
Reply 591
Atmosphere and standard :smile:
Atmosphere in tennis courts is meant to be the best of the lot, i believe. Standard.. well, it's your bog standard uni accommodation i guess. (:
Reply 593
Charlurr
Atmosphere in tennis courts is meant to be the best of the lot, i believe. Standard.. well, it's your bog standard uni accommodation i guess. (:

:biggrin: Thanks. Is Tennis Courts where the show flat is or is there more than one. When I went on the tour I couldn't hear a word the guy was saying... it was a big group.
There's more than one. I only got shown one show flat and that was at Shackleton which is A LOT more expensive.. So that I can't help you with I'm afraid "/ Shackleton has ensuite, tennis courts doesnt... Hahaa, sorry. (:
Reply 595
Charlurr
There's more than one. I only got shown one show flat and that was at Shackleton which is A LOT more expensive.. So that I can't help you with I'm afraid "/ Shackleton has ensuite, tennis courts doesnt... Hahaa, sorry. (:

Haha thanks anyway :biggrin:

I was thinking about the en suite accommodation but I might have to brave the shared :eek: ... which I'm sure is fine :cool: I hope!
Bah. £1 air freshner a week vs £10100000000 a week for en suite.

In my humble opinion (:
Reply 597
Charlurr
Bah. £1 air freshner a week vs £10100000000 a week for en suite.

In my humble opinion (:

Sold! :biggrin:
Charlurr
Applied for Tennis Courts, yaaaaaaay. :biggrin: I'm actually really excited you know, hahaa.

I was just wondering (not that i expect anyone to know), how much more do the refurbished flats cost in comparison to non-refurbed. I know non-refurbed are £3271, but any ideas on newer versions? Thanks for yo' help (:

This year there was about a £600 difference between non-refurb and refurb. Surprised it doesn't say in any of the documentation!!
I couldn't find anything :frown: It just says 'from £3271..' I don't think you can chose between refurbished or not either "/ Oh well (: Thank yoouuu!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending