The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abiwyatt3
I have been allocated accommodation and have accepted an offer and paid the deposit and everything. Will I be able to find out who else is living in my flat so I can contact them before we go? How/when do I find out?

Just out of curiosity, did you get your first choice? Mine is the in the last batch of offers which is making me feel so on edge! x
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
I have been allocated accommodation and have accepted an offer and paid the deposit and everything. Will I be able to find out who else is living in my flat so I can contact them before we go? How/when do I find out?

I've received my offer too, where have you ended up? :smile: Here is always a good place to find people, just post around the UoB forum with your block and flat number. You can also join the facebook freshers page, and your specific accomodation facebook page, then post your flat number there. I was at Uni of Nottingham last year, and that's how I found my flatmates!

Original post by Naureena
Just out of curiosity, did you get your first choice? Mine is the in the last batch of offers which is making me feel so on edge! x

I got my first choice! Don't let yourself worry over it, I wouldn't say any accom options are bad at all. Unless you're allocated one of the most expensive and can't afford to live there, I know from first hand experience that the cheapest (Maple Bank) is a really awesome place to live. If there is good, the rest surely can't be any worse! If you are allocated somewhere you can't afford, there are loads of options. You can try swapping with someone, find a group to share a house with, contact admissions to see if they can move you around e.t.c.

Yeah I got my first choice
Hey guys! I'm a GEC medical student starting at Birmingham in September. I'm moving into a 2bed flat in Harborne and looking to rent the second bedroom out for £85/week (negotiable). The flat's newly refurbished, has a good size lounge and 2 bathrooms. It's less than 15mins from med school and Edgbaston campus. The second bedroom is good sized with fitted wardrobes. If anyone's interested, give me a shout 😊 Sree
How are people getting accom offers? I thought it wasnt until after results day
Original post by Walkingdeadlover
How are people getting accom offers? I thought it wasnt until after results day

If you have an unconditional offer you will be allocated accommodation in July
My friend who is currently in Mason sent me one, do you want me to forward it to you? It put me off which is soooo annoying because it's on the Vale! At the moment i'm considering putting Victoria Halls as my first choice just because it's a proper shower haha! x

Hiya ,
i really wanted to choose mason also but im scared about these wet rooms , do you mind forwarding me the picture also?
Reply 6507
Has anyone who's received their accomodation offer got Chamberlain?
Original post by HHG44

Yep I have :smile:
Original post by HHG44

Yeah what flat did you get?
Reply 6510
Ashcroft block 2 flat 10 anybody? And does anyone have pictures of ashcroft's interior?
Reply 6511
Hiya, can someone give me some advice on accommodation? Mason was my first choice as I wanted an en suite. Last week I received my accommodation offer and I was give my third choice, tennis courts, which has a shared bathroom. Accommodation told me I can change from tennis courts to Mason, BUT, Id be in an all girls flat in Mason. Do I move to Mason for the ensuite, or stay at tennis courts as its a mixed flat?
Original post by sa13
Hiya, can someone give me some advice on accommodation? Mason was my first choice as I wanted an en suite. Last week I received my accommodation offer and I was give my third choice, tennis courts, which has a shared bathroom. Accommodation told me I can change from tennis courts to Mason, BUT, Id be in an all girls flat in Mason. Do I move to Mason for the ensuite, or stay at tennis courts as its a mixed flat?

Do you want mixed or single? Is ensuite more of a priority though?
Original post by sa13

Think of the money you'll save from living in TC instead of Mason!

In all seriousness, I was at uni in Nottingham last year and was given an en suite. I also have a boyfriend at a different uni who had a shared bathroom last year, who I spent a lot of weekends with. While obviously having my own bathroom was nice, sharing one when I was at my boyfriend's flat was no issue at all. The only real difference between out accommodation was the bathroom, and he was paying almost £2,000 less than me. I'm considering leaving Nottingham and going to UoB atm and have applied for accommodation, and this time round I've picked a shared bathroom.

As the person above said, what is your top priority? Having a mixed flat? Or an en suite? It all depends on you in the end e.g. if money is no issue for you whatsoever, what I said above does lose some validity.

Oh, by the way, which flat have you been given in Tennis Court? I've been put there too!
Reply 6514
Hello,Can you please tell me whether it is generally a lot more difficult to find private accommodation in Birmingham (areas around the University of Birmingham) in September than in August? Is it the case that most good flats get rented out by the end of August and only the most expensive ones are left to move in, in September? Thanks.
Original post by TTSE
Ashcroft block 2 flat 10 anybody? And does anyone have pictures of ashcroft's interior?

Hi, I lived in Ashcroft in my first year and it's really nice inside.Have you checked out the virtual tours here? http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/study/accommodation/UG-accommodation/pritchatts/ashcroft.aspx

They should email about the flatmate finder app which allows you to find your flatmates
This is the link to it: https://apps.facebook.com/guildff/?fb_source=search&ref=br_tf
If it's not working it might not be active for this year yet.
(edited 7 years ago)
Any opinions on Oakly court?
Original post by Casiee
Any opinions on Oakly court?

I was in Oakley Court last year. It's nice accommodation; whilst it's not as social as somewhere like Tennis Courts it's good value for money and the kitchens are great for pres as they're massive. The average flat is 10-13 people, so maybe not for those who want a smaller flat but I personally enjoyed being in a bigger flat.
Block 15 Tennis Courts anyone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending