The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
I'm guessing tania123 you have an unconditional offer.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 781
tania123
says only 7 days from when you receive the letter, but if you email them or phone them and tell them you will be on holiday im sure it will be fine

:ottid:

It says you must email them urgently if you cannot make the payment in seven days.
Reply 782
if you haven't got your a level results yet and you have a conditional offer you will not hear about where you have been placed till late august
Reply 783
yeah i am on my 'gap year' so unconditional, not much of a gap year am working full time :frown:
Reply 784
tania123
Just received my accomm offer through the post am in Elgar Court Flat no. 1! :biggrin:

Awesome :biggrin: not only are you in the best hall, but in the best block too!

I'm starting to get homesick for Elgar now. You guys are going to have a wonderful time in halls - I'm slightly jealous that I'm not doing it all over again.
Reply 785
*soph*
Awesome :biggrin: not only are you in the best hall, but in the best block too!

I'm starting to get homesick for Elgar now. You guys are going to have a wonderful time in halls - I'm slightly jealous that I'm not doing it all over again.

Haha I know how you feel! Still at least Elgar Court lives on unlike QHC! :-(
Reply 786
Just got an offer through today for Mason redevelopment, Flat 27. :] Yay!
Reply 787
can someone explain to me how this works, does flat mean what level or floor you are on?
Have just got the offer for Mason redevelopment. But mum is saying I'm going to have to go for something else becasue its too expensive!! £5750 meal plan is bordering on ridculous. If I wanted to spend that much I would have chosen Shackleton. Bham really F'd me over. I'm really pissed right now as I have to go through tha hassle of changing accomodation.
Reply 789
Ahhhh, yay! Just got the accomodation form through: Elgar Court, Flat 8 Room 4!!!!!
xx
Reply 790
LAW@BRUM
can someone explain to me how this works, does flat mean what level or floor you are on?

No.... the flat number is which number flat you are in! Shocking I know. :smile:
Reply 791
tcm1106
No.... the flat number is which number flat you are in! Shocking I know. :smile:

very different system than what we use here in canada. Here we are told your FLOOR you are on, what building and room #
T.G.O.A.T
Have just got the offer for Mason redevelopment. But mum is saying I'm going to have to go for something else becasue its too expensive!! £5750 meal plan is bordering on ridculous. If I wanted to spend that much I would have chosen Shackleton. Bham really F'd me over. I'm really pissed right now as I have to go through tha hassle of changing accomodation.

Im pressuming you didnt put mason as your first choice then..?
Reply 793
LAW@BRUM
very different system than what we use here in canada. Here we are told your FLOOR you are on, what building and room #

Ah ok. Here in the UK that still happens at some of the older Universities (tends to be those with a collegiate structure such as Oxbridge) but most of the so-called halls of residence are now arranged in the style of flats/appartments.
Reply 794
Izziuk
Ahhhh, yay! Just got the accomodation form through: Elgar Court, Flat 8 Room 4!!!!!
xx

That's the flat I lived in last year! :smile:
Reply 795
*soph*
That's the flat I lived in last year! :smile:

I hate the fact that its all past tense now lol. I'm going back next weekend to hand over my keys and I really don't want to leave!!!
Reply 796
Shackleton Flat 7, I just emailed them to find out since I am an int'l student.
Reply 797
T.G.O.A.T

Lol. I'm paying £5800 a year and it's Self-catered. That said, that was a choice of mine as I'm in a studio but *shrugs*. Have you considered asking if there's room in Mason but self-catered, as that will drop the price considerably. I know for a fact there is at least one room that will be reallocated, because I was offered Mason but because of various things am having to stay in iQ5.

And unless you specifically stated that you didn't want the top end accom. such as Shack and Mason, you really can't blame the uni for assigning you it. *shrugs*
*SamSam*
Lol. I'm paying £5800 a year and it's Self-catered. That said, that was a choice of mine as I'm in a studio but *shrugs*. Have you considered asking if there's room in Mason but self-catered, as that will drop the price considerably. I know for a fact there is at least one room that will be reallocated, because I was offered Mason but because of various things am having to stay in iQ5.

And unless you specifically stated that you didn't want the top end accom. such as Shack and Mason, you really can't blame the uni for assigning you it. *shrugs*

Yeah, I called housing services and have now changed to self catered which is around a grand cheaper. So with good food budgeting it should be a lot cheaper overall. :smile: So its all good
Reply 799
I just got my accomodation offer, I'm in Elgar Court :smile:
Is it me, or is it full of gap-yearers? Not that I mind, it'll be nice not to be the only old kid!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending