The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Rosamund123
arghh, I've been chatting to a few girls who'll be in my flat over facebook, and they're all getting the silver ticket which I didn't want - it's too expensive! but I don't want to be a loner when they all go to the calvin harris concert! arghh :/

I know I'm not in your flat (or atleast that I know of!!!) but I've only got/ am getting a bronze ticket and I'm sure there'll be plenty of people who don't even buy tickets atall, so I shouldn't worry.

I'm so excited, although there's nobody from my course on TSR!

*waits patiently for accomodation information*
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
clozet
Rosamund123
arghh, I've been chatting to a few girls who'll be in my flat over facebook, and they're all getting the silver ticket which I didn't want - it's too expensive! but I don't want to be a loner when they all go to the calvin harris concert! arghh :/

it's all good, you can come out partying with mee instead :biggrin:

And meeeee :biggrin: Only people who get the bronze tickets are cool! :p:
Reply 1382
i want to knowwww where i am staying :frown:

two of my friends said they checked their accommodation status, and their application had been cancelled.... now they're really scared!!!
Right then. Victoria Halls. Flat F5.
Haha all you people worrying when you applied months ago... i applied for accommodation on results day (i didnt think i would get on the course and still dont know how i managed it, i was miles away from my offer, so i was taking a gap year until i saw i had been accepted) so i think it should be me who is worrying :smile:...
It's gunna suck balls if I don't get into a hall :frown:
pink_cait
I'm slightly annoyed, Ok mine went unconditional a day after most, But I applied in feb! And I'm registed disabled with them, and they said they had allocated a room for me... Hmmm :s

Same! They said they allocated a room in elgar for me - in what accommodation did they allocate you to?
nnnomi
i want to knowwww where i am staying :frown:

two of my friends said they checked their accommodation status, and their application had been cancelled.... now they're really scared!!!

That happened to me! I emailed them and they said everything was fine at their end. However, I'm still waiting impatiently to hear something and rather worried that maybe it IS cancelled, and my paranoid side is saying its some kind of ploy :o:
melting_snow
That happened to me! I emailed them and they said everything was fine at their end. However, I'm still waiting impatiently to hear something and rather worried that maybe it IS cancelled, and my paranoid side is saying its some kind of ploy :o:

I'm pretty sure when i checked my accommodation application the other day, it said something like web application cancelled, but i've already received an offer, so i really wouldn't worry too much!!! :smile:
Reply 1389
i got victoria halls and it was my 4th choice :angry: i even applied in march wtf! i really dont wana go there as its postgrads as well. any1 know the ratio between undergrads and postgrads in victoria halls?
can I ask something ? Does anyone know how meal plans work ? I mean, I think I read somewhere they are only for week days, so what do we do on weekends, starve ? I really don't want to get a meal plan :frown: Is the food edible at least ? Can you eat as much as you want ?
Xristina
can I ask something ? Does anyone know how meal plans work ? I mean, I think I read somewhere they are only for week days, so what do we do on weekends, starve ? I really don't want to get a meal plan :frown: Is the food edible at least ? Can you eat as much as you want ?

I'm pretty sure the meal plan only runs monday - friday, so you have to buy food for the weekends! I'll let you know whether it's edible or not once i've tried it :p: but i hope it's nice!! I think you get a certain amount of money loaded onto your student ID each week for you to buy meals with during the week .. i'm not entirely sure how much though!!
its around £35 a week i think... and apparently that is more than enough!

God i just hope its not mega bad food.
Tasha-x
I'm pretty sure the meal plan only runs monday - friday, so you have to buy food for the weekends! I'll let you know whether it's edible or not once i've tried it :p: but i hope it's nice!! I think you get a certain amount of money loaded onto your student ID each week for you to buy meals with during the week .. i'm not entirely sure how much though!!

by the time you let me know if it's edible, I 'll probably know on my own :p: :p:
Any oldies to help the newbies ??
Xristina

Ahhh poor you. Meal plan sucks. Honestly, the food is so disgusting, and I'm not even a picky eater. At weekends you've gotta get your own food. It's crap isn't it? Though they did introduce sunday brunches in summer. You have to pay with cash for those though. RIP OFF! Yeah and you can't go up and get seconds or anything like that, unless you wanna pay for it with your meal plan card.
Although, I have to say, I always felt like I had too much money on my card. It's impossible to spend 35 quid in 5 days. I'd say the only positive thing about meal plan is the fact that you can buy milk, yoghurt, fruit, cereal and salad on your meal plan card.
Tasha-x
And meeeee :biggrin: Only people who get the bronze tickets are cool! :p:

clozet

I may have to seriously take you up on that! WHY do they all want to see calvin harris?! I mean, he's ok for one song when you're clubbing, but I don't think I could stick a whole concert! :eek3:
Luce-eeeee
I know I'm not in your flat (or atleast that I know of!!!) but I've only got/ am getting a bronze ticket and I'm sure there'll be plenty of people who don't even buy tickets atall, so I shouldn't worry.

I'm so excited, although there's nobody from my course on TSR!

*waits patiently for accomodation information*

I haven't met anyone on my course full stop! I guess it is quite unusual :/ what are you doing?
Flamin Nora
Ahhh poor you. Meal plan sucks. Honestly, the food is so disgusting, and I'm not even a picky eater. At weekends you've gotta get your own food. It's crap isn't it? Though they did introduce sunday brunches in summer. You have to pay with cash for those though. RIP OFF! Yeah and you can't go up and get seconds or anything like that, unless you wanna pay for it with your meal plan card.
Although, I have to say, I always felt like I had too much money on my card. It's impossible to spend 35 quid in 5 days. I'd say the only positive thing about meal plan is the fact that you can buy milk, yoghurt, fruit, cereal and salad on your meal plan card.

I haven't heard from them yet, so there is still hope :frown: I like my cooking, I don't want to have to live of terrible food. This 35 quid, I am guessing you have to pay it in the room price right ? So it's not like they give you free money. That's horrible !!
Rosamund123
I may have to seriously take you up on that! WHY do they all want to see calvin harris?! I mean, he's ok for one song when you're clubbing, but I don't think I could stick a whole concert! :eek3:

Do!! :biggrin: Come and hang in Shackleton with us!! We can have a TSR party :p:
Rosamund123
I haven't met anyone on my course full stop! I guess it is quite unusual :/ what are you doing?

I'm doing drama and theatre arts, how about you?
Feel free to ask anything, as it's good talking to other people who are in the same situation :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending