University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Toxic Tears
wow bham really did screw up your accommodation :frown:
You never know though, you may end up liking it! :smile:

i know!

not too bothered about the non-smoking, cos im attempting to stop before uni. not bothered about same sex. but its a waste of money going catered because i won't be eating their food and i need somewhere to park my car. i suppose if push came to shove i could just park on a side street. have emailed them about the meal thing though, so hopefully i can change that without having to move accomodation. i dont see why it would be a problem.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
timiO
I'm gettin worried now
I called birmingham and was told my welcome pack was sent(on wednesday ) and my accommodation was sent(on thursday), AND i havent received anythin yet.

Is anybody in the same situation???

have no welcome pack, but my accom offer went to my junk mail. check there.
someone else said the welcome packs were all sent out the other day--- i'm trying to stay calm, but im a bit worried i haven't got mine yet!

Hopefully tuesday it will all come :smile:
Reply 1583
melting_snow
have no welcome pack, but my accom offer went to my junk mail. check there.

just checked- still nottin:frown:
melting_snow
i know!

not too bothered about the non-smoking, cos im attempting to stop before uni. not bothered about same sex. but its a waste of money going catered because i won't be eating their food and i need somewhere to park my car. i suppose if push came to shove i could just park on a side street. have emailed them about the meal thing though, so hopefully i can change that without having to move accomodation. i dont see why it would be a problem.

My mum says if I get catered accomodation we are going straight up to the uni to sort it out cos we can't afford it, and i'm too much of a fussy eater. Luckily i'm alright as I don't live far and if I really hate the accomodation i'll get my money back and live at home, though I hope that doesn't happen as it won't be the same and it'll be hard to meet people. Also I don't think I could stand another 3/4 years at home with my brother and parents full time.
blacktabs
My mum says if I get catered accomodation we are going straight up to the uni to sort it out cos we can't afford it, and i'm too much of a fussy eater. Luckily i'm alright as I don't live far and if I really hate the accomodation i'll get my money back and live at home, though I hope that doesn't happen as it won't be the same and it'll be hard to meet people. Also I don't think I could stand another 3/4 years at home with my brother and parents full time.

yeaah im a bit fussy too, so catered would be a waste of money. well, i have my fingers crossed that yours is self-catered!
Thanks - just hope I hear something soon because it worries me that people aren't getting anything like they wanted. I think Birminghams just made a complete cockup of the accomodation.
Got my welcome pack and letter from the course department. Nothing on housing yet though, that might be because Birmingham was my insurance choice. Not quite panicking yet :s
I seem to be in a similar situation to a lot of people on here and the various Facebook groups with regards to accommodation! I put Brum as my firm choice and put all my top 4 accommodation preferences (Mason, Elgar Court, Maple Bank and Tennis Court) in the Vale Village. Then I get this letter telling me about Hunter Court being the one I got assigned! Was initially a bit pissed as I was under the impression I'd get at least one of my chosen 4, I mean, what's the point in getting us to list our preferences if they're going to stick us somewhere we didn't even know about?! However, Hunter is self-catered, en-suite which is what I wanted and it does look mint so after I'd calmed down a bit (LOL) I thought it might not be so bad. The only thing that's annoying is that the Vale looked like the 1st year undergraduate 'social centre'. But who knows, will probably be awesome, it's what you make it anyway. Excuse the rant... On a happier note have you people seen Fresher's Fest by the way?
http://www.freshersfest.com/
CALVIN HARRIS! :eek: :smile:
I'm excited.
Reply 1589
Do they allocate during weekends?
I doubt it as the office will be closed and as it's bank holiday on monday they won't be in then either so I wouldn't expect other people to hear until before tuesday, though that only gives them until thursday (in there 10-14 days after results) before I phone them up or pay them a visit.
Reply 1591
This is getting quite annoying, I haven't heard anything from them and it's making me nervous :frown:
dodko
This is getting quite annoying, I haven't heard anything from them and it's making me nervous :frown:

Ditto.
I want somewhere to liveee :eek3:
Reply 1593
90 Bull3t Pr00f
Ditto.
I want somewhere to liveee :eek3:

Me toooo...when did you apply? :confused:
dodko
Me toooo...when did you apply? :confused:

On results day as it was my insurance. lol
you?
Reply 1595
At the end of May :frown: I had to wait for them to see what happened to my original offer because it didn't showed up on track and that took them some time :frown:
The housing services are completely unacceptable. My bf knew everything before August last year from RHUL. You know, I had heard rumors about Bham being abit less organised than it should be, and know they are just getting confirmed...
nice to know that there are many of us in this situation. anyone received a welcome pack yet?
can understnad my accomadation being a bit late as it was my insurance but i did apply when it opened
Reply 1598
Mido1990
My Own Department told me they I can't give me that information! I've emailed someone and they said they would get back to me when they get more info.. that was Thursday :eek:

I find it really poor that not only do they not answer the phone, they don't even have an answer machine or a message saying their busy and to try again later.... it just keeps ringing! :eek3:

Yeah that doesn't sound good :frown:

My friend whose doing mech engineering got his number from his department!
Reply 1599
Forestwooders
nice to know that there are many of us in this situation. anyone received a welcome pack yet?
can understnad my accomadation being a bit late as it was my insurance but i did apply when it opened

I'v had my department welcome pack with the timetable in but nothing on general welcome pack or accomodation so far

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending