The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh yeah, and say why :woo:
Reply 2
this is actually quite an interesting poll for once :smile:

third from Cambridge for me, just because I'm going there anyway.
Reply 3
I'd take the 1st from TVU any day.
Reply 4
Employers are employing YOU and not your university.

So a first from TVU please.
Reply 5
third from cambridge. my dad went to cambridge and got a 3rd so it would be carrying on the tradition. plus all the general public care about is where you went, not your degree class.
not that it matters to me, vet degrees arent ranked in that way
Hmm....eitherway you're kinda screwed.
Guess a 2:1 from Canterbury for me.
I'd probably choose Nottingham or Canterbury.
Reply 8
A 2:2 at the University of Nottingham purely because I think its the only uni out of those on that list that I would be happy with.
A third from Cambridge. At least you can still say "Oh yes and I went to Cambridge" and raise your eyebrow elegantly.
A First from Thames Valley is worth little more than the certificate it's printed on.
Reply 10
If I had to go to the uni and didn't just get handed the degree, I'd go for Cambs. Otherwise TVU no doubt
Olivia_Lightbulb
A third from Cambridge. At least you can still say "Oh yes and I went to Cambridge" and raise your eyebrow elegantly.
A First from Thames Valley is worth little more than the certificate it's printed on.

People who get thirds from Cambridge don't deserve to be there.
Reply 12
Olivia_Lightbulb

It is worth alot actually. Shows dedication over 3 years.
Reply 13
Cambridge.
A third from Cambridge being the most popular = :rofl:

Only on TSR...
a 2:1 is a 2:1, right? :dontknow: Canterbury Christ Church seems like a nice place as well.
Reply 16
To have got into Cambridge you would have had pretty impressive A levels in the first place so you'd still have 3 A's to fall back on and apply to another Uni and do another degree/masters or something lol
Reply 17
It's what degree you would like not 'if you really had to choose a university and were guaranteed one of these degrees, which one would it be?'

First from TVU, It shows your tha ************ who woops everyone elses ass including the third from cambridge.

Anything below a 2:1 is just too average for me.

mod edit: swearing
A third from Cambridge isn't going to get you far. Getting a third is very easy and is definitely NOT an acheivement to feel good about.
Nottingham. Decent uni and decent degree class.

The other options are either 'questionable uni' or 'questionable degree class'.

Latest

Trending

Trending