The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Pocket Calculator
too right they are! if only they realised that and stopped hating eachother.

their language is not directly related to either turkish or the slavic languages.

it makes me so sad that yugoslavia no longer exists. it had so much potential.

Смотри больше мультиков приятель.Например вот этот.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22ADyZN9eNY&feature=related
Ой ой! мой русский очень плохо, но я смотрел...

it's about vlad of kiev, я правильный? what's he got to do with the south slavs, though?
Reply 22
are there any movements/groups in the three countries that would like to reunify yugoslavia? It will never happen atm because there is too much hate.
Reply 23
Kosovo = just ANOTHER Albanian enclave...I for one applaud the achievement!
Reply 24
Bateman
*BS*

You're not making any sense. The USSR has never occupied, ruled or influenced the Balkans. It has never moved any populations there. NOTHING! Stalin moved minoritites in the... CAUCASUS, not the Balkans!

The only empires in modern history which have ruled the Balkans are: The Ottomans and the Austrian Empire.
Reply 25
Paxdax
You're not making any sense. The USSR has never occupied, ruled or influenced the Balkans. It has never moved any populations there. NOTHING! Stalin moved minoritites in the... CAUCASUS, not the Balkans!

The only empires in modern history which have ruled the Balkans are: The Ottomans and the Austrian Empire.

So? America doesn't occupy Iraq/Afghanistan/Korea/Vietnam yet they're ******* them up.
Bateman
So? America doesn't occupy Iraq/Afghanistan/Korea/Vietnam yet they're ******* them up.
what's the deal? the USSR had no influence over yugoslavia. why do you still blame yugoslavia's troubles on them?
Reply 27
Bateman

What has that got to do with anything? Are you on drugs?
Reply 28
Paxdax
What has that got to do with anything? Are you on drugs?

You come online every now and then to post your ****. Either do this full time, or continue with your Kurdish massacre full time. Only another 12 million to go. Tell me, do you use the same template as the Armenian one?
Reply 29
Bateman
You come online every now and then to post your ****. Either do this full time, or continue with your Kurdish massacre full time. Only another 12 million to go. Tell me, do you use the same template as the Armenian one?

:biggrin:

Obvious troll is obvious.
Reply 30
Paul PTS
OK.I tell you the real story my friend.Don't listen American propaganda.
The Kosovo was Serbian land for centures.Then there were political problems in the neighbour Albania.So Albanians migrants ran across the border:"Ow,our Slavonic brothers Serbian,help us!"
Serbians met them like friends,shared with them their own land,food and house roof.
But the Albanians occured betrayers and violaters of guest's rules.So now they took all Serbian lands in Kosovo,murdered real land owners and separated the region.
The worst thing which may muslim do is to violate the guest's rules and offend the houseowner who shared his food with him.I mean if it occur at Caucase,and not with Slavs(like Serbians) Albanians women would run out of there,because their men would be all manslaughtered.
The God exist and dislike any kind of betrayers.One day He brings the Albanian nation suffer and death.
Serbian and Albanian are also relative Slavonic nations.
The Fourth rule which amir Taragay told his son Tamerlan:"Never betray your relatives,never offend them."

Why do you go and tell your fairy tales somewhere else or get your facts right.
Not one thing you've said is true.

Heres a little explanation...

Serbians caused the massacre(with the help of Russians) in 1999 when they started killing people not just the Albanians but other ethnic groups so they would be the only dominat ethnicity in Kosovo but they failed and were accused by many EU Nations which led to Kosovo Independence on 17th feb 2009.
Reply 31
Firstly i am a Serb and as a Serb i totally oppose Kosovos independence, The situation in the Balkans has been tense for centuries and the people have been toyed around by awful political leaders.

The reason Kosovo has been such a controversial matter is that both Serbs and Albanians that live there feel believe they belong to the land . Serbs have many monastries which are thousands of years old built around the region, many key battles also took place on Kosovos fields, with the 1389 battle against the Ottoman empire being the most famous, this historical battle led to a loss but it remained deeply embedded in teh national identity of Serbs.....tensions were high throughout history and blablablabla...teh rest is history and Kosovo became sadly in my case independent.
Reply 32
and also "th3night" ...you cant just say Serbians caused massacres , you have to look at both sides, many Serbs have died in Kosovo, hundreds of Monastries have been burnt down, many have lived in enclaves for years and cant step out of their home.... i could also say that teh KLA are guilty for the war and have been expelling and intimidating Serbian people and otehr ethnicities, as their goal was to have a Kosovo with an Albanian majority :/
Reply 33
th3knight
Why do you go and tell your fairy tales somewhere else or get your facts right.
Not one thing you've said is true.

Heres a little explanation...

Serbians caused the massacre(with the help of Russians) in 1999 when they started killing people not just the Albanians but other ethnic groups so they would be the only dominat ethnicity in Kosovo but they failed and were accused by many EU Nations which led to Kosovo Independence on 17th feb 2009.

No,that's EU helped Albanian terrorists to kill Serbian population.USA made hot point in Europe.
As for Russians,they always tried to save Christian nations from genocide.At the same time GB always helped to Turkish monarchy,betraying Christian ideals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia-wDqvvH6Y
When Russians already were ready to free Konstantinopol and give freedom for all Balkanian nations at the end of 19th century,British fleet suddenly took another side.
All Russian history textbooks repeat this.As I suppose your text-books don't remind that GB forces helped Osman Empire to rule enslaved Christian nations.
Reply 34
Paul PTS
No,that's EU helped Albanian terrorists to kill Serbian population.USA made hot point in Europe.
As for Russians,they always tried to save Christian nations from genocide.At the same time GB always helped to Turkish monarchy,betraying Christian ideals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia-wDqvvH6Y
When Russians already were ready to free Konstantinopol and give freedom for all Balkanian nations at the end of 19th century,British fleet suddenly took another side.
All Russian history textbooks repeat this.As I suppose your text-books don't remind that GB forces helped Osman Empire to rule enslaved Christian nations.

At war both contries are bound to have propaganda encouraging its people to perform or express discrimination towards their opponents.

The thing is...Albania is not based on religion and has never had any religions conflict,therefore you cannot address us as terrorists, we are far from it.

Im Albanian and i am supposed to me muslim...but you know what. i dnt know fk all about it. although i do respect it as i do the other religions and people.

EU helped Kosovo not Albania, Albania was another state backing up Kosovo and its people, cos the Serbian soldiers were fighting against Women and children for gods sake. then then ALB - KOS army came to defend its people with the EU helping and supporting somthing that was against the EU law.

Now Serbia has got the option to let Kosovo go and join EU.
Kosovo is independent now so the best option for Serbia is to join EU.
Reply 35
th3knight

Im Albanian and i am supposed to me muslim...

cos the Serbian soldiers were fighting against Women and children for gods sake. then then ALB - KOS army came to defend its people with the EU helping and supporting somthing that was against the EU law.

Ok its pretty obvious that you are biased towards the Albanian (Pro Independence Kosovo) side, which is understandable as you are ethnically Albanian...but by saying that Serbian soldiers fought against civilians and that the KLA came in to "defend" as it is a guilt free righteous organisation is flawed....

What im trying to put across is that both sides need to be looked at, the KLA, A listed terrorist organisation, known for smugling drugs, working in the illegal sex trade and fighting for Kosovan independence commited many attrocities on a Serbian population even before the 1999 war, Serbs were made to feel intimidated and forced to leave even before the conflict in 1999 which made way for an Independent Kosovo.

And I as a Serb am totally against ethnic cleansing and am aware taht some Serbs commited attrocities but its foolish to portray just Serbs as the "baddy" when the Kosovo conflict is far too complicated for anyone to understand.
Reply 36
Knindza
Ok its pretty obvious that you are biased towards the Albanian (Pro Independence Kosovo) side, which is understandable as you are ethnically Albanian...but by saying that Serbian soldiers fought against civilians and that the KLA came in to "defend" as it is a guilt free righteous organisation is flawed....

What im trying to put across is that both sides need to be looked at, the KLA, A listed terrorist organisation, known for smugling drugs, working in the illegal sex trade and fighting for Kosovan independence commited many attrocities on a Serbian population even before the 1999 war, Serbs were made to feel intimidated and forced to leave even before the conflict in 1999 which made way for an Independent Kosovo.

And I as a Serb am totally against ethnic cleansing and am aware taht some Serbs commited attrocities but its foolish to portray just Serbs as the "baddy" when the Kosovo conflict is far too complicated for anyone to understand.

Yes, i do agree that both sides need to be looked at, they both had faults but tbh Serbs went beyond the line and yes, they did kill tons of civilians thats why their got the bad impression in first place by EU.

Kosovo was also accused by Carla Del Ponte for butchering Serbs for their organs. Regarding that, KLA and other war "not terrorists - just because they are muslim" organisations were investigated upon by EU. Guess what!!! They found nothing.
It was a false accusation and that bi*** steped back, but war is war. whoever in its way will get hurt.

Lets say Kosovo Albanians were at wrong, then why is there over 62 countries worldwide supporting its independence. Could they all be wrong?....

Kosovo is for every ethnic group that lives there. That way everyone is happy.
Reply 37
Buddy, connection with Albania was the inital purpose of the illegal declaration of independence from Serbia, a perspective supported by USA, at least by the former government. But I don't think it will ever happen since Kosovo will never be reckognised as a UN member.
Kosacs are Albanians?!?! Never mind...

Do Serbs really think that Kosova will go back and rejoin Serbia?? You will have a bigger chance of seeing a flying pig rather than Serbia taking back Kosova.

When I was in secondary education in Albania, some of the Balkanic history we were taught was slightly distorted and biased towards the Albanians (what do you expect!). I can assume with some degree of confidence, that the same happens in other Balkan countries. Hence the never ending disagreements you will find in countless forums between Albanians and Serbs.

If you want a fair unbiased opinion on Serbian-Albanians conflicts then I would recommend Misha Glenny excellent (and rather long) book, "The Balkans" or "Remaking the Balkans" by Christopher Cviic.

Latest

Trending

Trending