The Student Room Group

Full GMC registration with Ukrainian Medical Diploma

Hello everyone! I've got a question to those who graduated from any Ukrainian medical university. There is a 6-year course with the 6th year of clinical rotations (pregraduate). Does GMC consider these rotations an acceptable internship pattern (as a substitute for FY1) for full registration?
Let me save you from wasting 6 years of your life. GMC DOES NOT accept it. Ask any of the other students that went to Ukraine and got burned by the mountain of troubles throughout their medical degrees there.
Original post by lacuna17
Hello everyone! I've got a question to those who graduated from any Ukrainian medical university. There is a 6-year course with the 6th year of clinical rotations (pregraduate). Does GMC consider these rotations an acceptable internship pattern (as a substitute for FY1) for full registration?

If you are planning on working in the UK after studying medicine abroad, then either go to a EU medical school or a UK one.

Steer clear of Ukraine, I am talking from experience here. :smile:

Hope this helps, please spread the news. Don't let anymore students have their years and money go to waste.
Reply 3
Original post by IMS Hero
If you are planning on working in the UK after studying medicine abroad, then either go to a EU medical school or a UK one.

Steer clear of Ukraine, I am talking from experience here. :smile:

Hope this helps, please spread the news. Don't let anymore students have their years and money go to waste.

and not only staying out of Ukraine but avoid these agents who promise you the world, these agents will only bring you sadness and one good example is Medlinks agency and how they shattered the dreams of more than 500 UK medical students whom they sent to Dnipro Medical Institute Ukraine, University of Nis Serbia and European Medical University Georgia, these schools and more have been blacklisted by GMC and these students will not be allowed to practice in the UK... You must be prepared to go abroad the moment you commit to these agents... best advice is this, never go with the crowd, chose yourself a Uni and go in person and speak with the Dean, preferably EU Uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending