The Student Room Group

2011 Entry- Hopeful Medic Thread :)

Scroll to see replies

TooSexyForMyStethoscope
What about hobbies? :p:

He needs some. Studying alone will not get you into med school.
timsquirrell

so collecting 15th century stamps, playing world of warcraft and collecting star trek figures will get me into med school? Great success! :borat:
gildartz
so collecting 15th century stamps, playing world of warcraft and collecting star trek figures will get me into med school? Great success! :borat:

another person who plays WoW!!
timsquirrell

Oh. Get ya now :wink:
gildartz

I'm offended that you think I'm that easy to troll.
InItToWinItGetIt?
another person who plays WoW!!

joke again, sorry

timsquirrell
I'm offended that you think I'm that easy to troll.

meh, I'm offended you assume I have no hobbies and don't have a life. Btw, hobbies won't get you into med school. Also, evidently you're quite easy to troll XD
Reply 1386
in! :smile:
Anyone know how to translate scores you get in practice questions to an approximate score out of 900.

Say someone got 50% in a practice test. Is that a score of 600 or 450?
600 as its between 300-900 and 450 because its half of 900.
InItToWinItGetIt?
Anyone know how to translate scores you get in practice questions to an approximate score out of 900.

Say someone got 50% in a practice test. Is that a score of 600 or 450?
600 as its between 300-900 and 450 because its half of 900.

I don't think it's quite as straight forward as that. From the website:

Your multiple-choice answers are checked by computer and a mark is created. This is known as your 'UKCAT' result.
When is everyone doing their UKCAT?
Reply 1390
Pegasus92
When is everyone doing their UKCAT?

31st Aug :biggrin:

you
Craydot
31st Aug :biggrin:

you

Not decided yet but should be end of July or start of August.
What experience are you chaps doing over the summer? :woo:

Hoping to get Vitalise, some hospice work and some Oxfam shop volunteering done. :yep:
Fusilero
What experience are you chaps doing over the summer? :woo:

Hoping to get Vitalise, some hospice work and some Oxfam shop volunteering done. :yep:

Why were you rejected from all 4 of your unis?
Reply 1394
I registered for the UKCAT on Sunday and I still haven't got the confirmation email. It shouldn't take this long, right, or is it just THAT busy? :lolwut: I think I'll call tommorow, stupid people... :facepalm2: By registered I don't mean booked - I need the stupid email to book. :angry:

So yeah, ranting aside, how long did it take everyone else to get the email. They said one business day. It's been three now. :facepalm:
Narik
I registered for the UKCAT on Sunday and I still haven't got the confirmation email. It shouldn't take this long, right, or is it just THAT busy? :lolwut: I think I'll call tommorow, stupid people... :facepalm2:

When have you registered for?
gildartz

meh, I'm offended you assume I have no hobbies and don't have a life. Btw, hobbies won't get you into med school. Also, evidently you're quite easy to troll XD

One up to you on the first part, you did have me going for a little while on the 'I've done all this x months in advance' thing :biggrin:

I know hobbies won't get you in, but studies alone won't either. Balance!
Pegasus92
Why were you rejected from all 4 of your unis?
Being good, but not good enough. C'est la vie. Got to soldier on and improve yourself. :yep:
timsquirrell
One up to you on the first part, you did have me going for a little while on the 'I've done all this x months in advance' thing :biggrin:

I know hobbies won't get you in, but studies alone won't either. Balance!

to be more precise, studies, work experience and various activities showing off your skills will get you into medicine, not necessarily hobbies.
gildartz
to be more precise, studies, work experience and various activities showing off your skills will get you into medicine, not necessarily hobbies.

hobbies will help too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending