The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys! I've been lookin over all the weather and climate stuff and on my syllabus it mentions 'ecoline.' :confused: Soz 2 sound thick, but wot is that?!!! Never heard of it! lol.
Thanx.
Reply 21
garethsbabe13
Hey guys! I've been lookin over all the weather and climate stuff and on my syllabus it mentions 'ecoline.' :confused: Soz 2 sound thick, but wot is that?!!! Never heard of it! lol.
Thanx.

its when there is a decline of vegetation as a result of less favourable growth factors such as decreasing temperature, higher aridity along a transect.
so at the equator u av high temperatures and lots of rainfall, so you get lots of trees. But as you get further away its colder and so less vegetation can grow well there :smile:
Reply 22
Look at how Climate graphs can illustrate the passage through the ICTZ eg in Africa and this leads to changes in vegetation (link with Ecosystems) ie Ecocline
Reply 23
Geogger
Look at how Climate graphs can illustrate the passage through the ICTZ eg in Africa and this leads to changes in vegetation (link with Ecosystems) ie Ecocline

is a climate graph when it shows the precipitation, temperature and the months of the year? i cant remember :redface:
Reply 24
jeni8686
is a climate graph when it shows the precipitation, temperature and the months of the year? i cant remember :redface:

Yes, but it can also show changes in average atmospheric pressure too and this clearly links in with the ICTZ movement
Reply 25
thank u! so if the ITCZ was directly overhead (if that makes sense) then there would be low pressure on the graph? is that right, cos the air is rising :confused:
Reply 26
jeni8686
thank u! so if the ITCZ was directly overhead (if that makes sense) then there would be low pressure on the graph? is that right, cos the air is rising :confused:

yes and also the temp would rise
Reply 27
Ah I can use my stuff on hazards for this! Excellent, I'd recommend people looking at the sahel area.....actually here you go you can have my notes but it's mainly for hazards so use it appropiately

Latest

Trending

Trending