The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

industrial nitrous oxide is administering a noxious substance

medical nitrous oxide is a P list medicine

both are potentially very dangerous

entonox is also a P list medication
Reply 21
Towelie88
Yeah at parties I would expect to pay £1.50. But at festivals and out clubbing I have never seen them being sold for less than £2.50, usually £3 more often than not. At bestival last year there was a guy selling them for £4 a peice, which is crazy. But drunk/pilled up people with more money than sense were still buying them!

They won't let u sell it in their clubs though, and the clubs that do are usually rave style clubs who have a monopoly on its sale.
It's illegal to sell if, if it is intended for consumption. The actual sale of it is not prohibited though.
It's a bit of a grey area but as long as you don't do it really blatantly you shouldn't have a problem. I'll probably buy off you if you do (but I'm used to £2 and 3 for £5!)
Reply 24
Elipsis
They won't let u sell it in their clubs though, and the clubs that do are usually rave style clubs who have a monopoly on its sale.

By clubs I meant outside, like in queue's and smoking areas and stuff.

I go to brighton uni so will probably just walk up and down the seafront asking drunk passers by if they want some.
Reply 25
Having only watched people taking laughing gas (who takes money to a house party!?), I thought the whole thing was terrifying. It was just a complete departure from a normal mindset, everyone hysterical for a couple minutes. I know alcohol and weeds and stuff can affect you quite a lot, but NOS seems far too intense for me...

MAH 2 CENTS.
Reply 26
Towelie88
By clubs I meant outside, like in queue's and smoking areas and stuff.

I go to brighton uni so will probably just walk up and down the seafront asking drunk passers by if they want some.

I can't think of a quicker way to get caught lol.
Reply 27
Cowberg
Having only watched people taking laughing gas (who takes money to a house party!?), I thought the whole thing was terrifying. It was just a complete departure from a normal mindset, everyone hysterical for a couple minutes. I know alcohol and weeds and stuff can affect you quite a lot, but NOS seems far too intense for me...

MAH 2 CENTS.

You should see people taking it on mdma and ket. It's like another dimension. To be honest single balloons kind of suck, when you start doing 2 or 3 it gets really interesting.
Reply 28
300mg
You can sell it to them, tell them it's laughing gas but inform them that they're are only being sold as expensive balloons.

A wink and a cheesy grin will let them know.

That's like saying:
"Here's a really expensive little bit of tin foil. Buy one bit of tin foil, get a wrap of Heroin, free!" :rolleyes:
Reply 29
do it.

how many police are going to know about that law, off the top of their silly little head?
just be fairly discreeeeeeeeeet. (no billboard ads)
Reply 30
TheGimpMan
do it.

how many police are going to know about that law, off the top of their silly little head?

They'll know that the sale for consumption is illegal, though I think they'd need to look up the exact offence before cautioning you.
Why not just buy a laughing pill. Makes you laugh at literally nothing for around two hours , you laugh at nothing , look at your TV and your laughing your socks of , it's great.
Reply 32
Maximum Velocity
Why not just buy a laughing peel. Makes you laugh at literally nothing for around two hours , you laugh at nothing , look at your TV and your laughing your socks of , it's great.

pill?
Reply 33
Maximum Velocity
Why not just buy a laughing peel. Makes you laugh at literally nothing for around two hours , you laugh at nothing , look at your TV and your laughing your socks of , it's great.

Wtf is a laughing peel?
Reply 34
TheGimpMan
do it.

I think they are now fairly accustomed to cracking down on selling laughing gas, especially around Brighton.
haha I love this attitude.
Try and exploit the freshers with more money than sense.
Reminds me of when I was in year 8 and I went to tescos and bought bags of dougnuts and then discreetly sold them at break time for a small profit.
don't try it in Sheffield, Nottingham or Essex either ...
Reply 37
Mad Vlad
They'll know that the sale for consumption is illegal, though I think they'd need to look up the exact offence before cautioning you.

naaaaaah.
Reply 38
zippyRN
don't try it in Sheffield, Nottingham or Essex either ...

Elipsis
I think they are now fairly accustomed to cracking down on selling laughing gas, especially around Brighton.

this is the first time i've even heard of these shenanigans, and i live in essex :confused:
Reply 39
Mad Vlad
That's like saying:
"Here's a really expensive little bit of tin foil. Buy one bit of tin foil, get a wrap of Heroin, free!" :rolleyes:

Almost. Heroin is illegal so it wouldn't work but there are hundreds of mild altering substances that have slipped through the net to remain legal and are sold as "incense" and other nonsense to avoid getting prosecuted under the medicines act.

Latest

Trending

Trending