The Student Room Group

French or Spanish

hello:smile:

I want to sign up for a language course next semester but can't decide..french or spanish..I already speak/understand some french, but I've been stuck for years..I don't know any spanish, but my boyfriend speaks it so he could help..
I like the sound of french better..but then again spanish opens up all of south america which is exciting..

basically I don't know what to do, but I want to make a great effort to learn the one I choose properly over the next couple of years..

so any suggestions or opinions? pros and cons?

You're the one making the effort. Decide which you prefer.
French opens up Guadeloupe though
Reply 3
I'd suggest Spanish, but I am obviously biased.
Reply 4
Zed's Dead Baby
French opens up Guadeloupe though

And French Polynesia, Wallis and Futuna, Martinique, St Pierre et Miquelon, A big part of Africa (including North Africa), some bit in Asia if you're lucky, South America, North America, and Europe. Spanish? South America and Spain.

Anyway, OP, whatever language you pic out of these two, the other one will then be easier to learn (I suggest you start with French, though, Spanish will be easier after it than French after Spanish)
Reply 5
I'd say french- it's my favourite out of the two, and it sounds soooo much nicer :biggrin:

/bias
S*P*A*N*I*S*H

Spanish will not be easier to learn after French regardless of what people say.

At the end of the day you if you're going to dedicate yourself to learning a language, you should probably be a tad more passionate & enthusiastic than you seem :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending