The Student Room Group

Nose Piercing Questions...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Dadeling
The girl who's done a few of my piercings is amazing, last time I saw her she had bubblegum pink hair, massive stretched lobes and quite a few other piercings. Always puts my mind at ease when the piercer has plenty of piercings! :p:

Is she the one with her cheeks pierced? She's really nice when i have mine done. Theyre all pretty cool, their website used to have mugshots on but i'm not sure if they changed it.
Reply 21
tembototo
Is she the one with her cheeks pierced? She's really nice when i have mine done. Theyre all pretty cool, their website used to have mugshots on but i'm not sure if they changed it.

I'm not sure, has been a few months since I last went and it was before exams so my memory has been pretty mashed. There are pictures of some of the people from the shop but only 1 or 2. When ever i go there always seems to be a group of 'goth' kids in their chatting away!
Use Savlon Wound Wash to clean it. I have used that for most of my piercings, including my nose, and have had no problems at all.
I had mine done with a gun and never had any problems. I just bathed it with salt water on a cotton bud for two weeks after having it done and it healed great :smile:
Reply 24
I had my nose done the other week with a gun- but i think it was specifically for nose piercings because i had a plastic top that was disposable, and they did so straight after piercing. I clean mine by using salt water, and i use a cotton bud, and the studio gave me 5% teatree oil in almond oil that i use and rinse off. I havent had any probs except i have a cold which makes it slightly sore :/
Ho! How'd ypu get the back off? Mine is literally stuck! Help!
Original post by Beccydoodaa
I had mine done with a gun and never had any problems. I just bathed it with salt water on a cotton bud for two weeks after having it done and it healed great :smile:

How'd ypu get your back off? Mine is like stuck o tried everything even went back to the people who pierced it for me!
Original post by granny smith
I also had my nose pierced with a gun and it was fine. I don't think i could have handled having my snout in salted water for 10 mins at a time though! Surgical Spirit put on a cotton bud and rubbed over the hole and around the redness is really good, it might sting abit to start with, but it really helped mine to heal well. Give up the vaseline!!

how did you get the back off? I got my nose pierced with a gun and it won't come off!
How did you get the back off? Mine is like stuck? I really need help
Reply 29
Original post by munyylovee
How did you get the back off? Mine is like stuck? I really need help

There shouldn't even be a 'back' on a nose piercing.

Seriously, the few extra seconds of pain with a needle are so worth it later on.

Has your piercing healed yet? I wouldn't recommend removing it until it's fully healed, unless it's infected in which case go to a proper piercing studio and ask their advice (basically anywhere that doesn't pierce with a ****ing gun lol) or in extreme cases go to the doctor.
Original post by jhumfy
There shouldn't even be a 'back' on a nose piercing.

Seriously, the few extra seconds of pain with a needle are so worth it later on.

Has your piercing healed yet? I wouldn't recommend removing it until it's fully healed, unless it's infected in which case go to a
proper piercing studio and ask their advice (basically anywhere that doesn't pierce with a ****ing gun lol) or in extreme cases go to the doctor.

it isn't infected and I had no idea that a needle is the correct way to get a piercing the lady that does my nails recommended her big fat mistake I tell you! The butterfly back is practically stuck man and when I went to her today she said old oh give it time and twist it very hour or so" like wtf?
Reply 31
it isn't infected and I had no idea that a needle is the correct way to get a piercing the lady that does my nails recommended her big fat mistake I tell you! The butterfly back is practically stuck man and when I went to her today she said old oh give it time and twist it very hour or so" like wtf?

How long have you had it in? If it's new, leave it as it could be a bit swollen and should come out easier when it's properly healed - which takes about 6-8 weeks with a needle, God knows how long with a gun. Don't go to that woman again she shouldn't even be piercing! Twist it every hour etc!? Is she taking the piss, don't touch it that's just asking for infection. Just clean it with salt water everyday and go to a proper piercing shop if you need any advice or help getting it out.
Original post by jhumfy
How long have you had it in? If it's new, leave it as it could be a bit swollen and should come out easier when it's properly healed - which takes about 6-8 weeks with a needle, God knows how long with a gun. Don't go to that woman again she shouldn't even be piercing! Twist it every hour etc!? Is she taking the piss, don't touch it that's just asking for infection. Just clean it with salt water everyday and go to a proper piercing shop if you need any advice or help getting it out.

Thank a lot! ! I was panicking here I've had it for four days so far and it looks like the ring part is sinking in you can hardly tell I have a ring in unless you come close I'm stressed.
Reply 33
Thank a lot! ! I was panicking here I've had it for four days so far and it looks like the ring part is sinking in you can hardly tell I have a ring in unless you come close I'm stressed.

It's just swelling. Leave it alone, keep it clean and dry and in a few weeks it will be ok.
you should apply vegetable oil instead.
I'm getting mine done over spring break but the thing is I have no idea what my pain tolerance is......
Plus make sure you keep turning the piercing

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have been using warm water to clean my piercing. My mom hasn’t got access to saline or sea salt yet . Is it ok ? To clean with warm water ?
Reply 38
My nose piercing officially sunk in the hole. the only way I can pull out is by pulling from the inside. Hurts like hell and it won't come out at all.HELP PLEASEE HELP ME
Reply 39
It’s completely safe and it actually helps it heal because you usually out Vaseline or petroleum jelly on cuts so why not on your piercings. I just got a nose piercing myself but at a professional tattoo and piercing shop and I put petroleum jelly on it. Also never use a piercing gun not even on your ears thats a terrible thing do to yourself when it comes to piercings. It rips your skin and tissue rather a needle that slices through like butter most of the time.

Quick Reply

Latest