The Student Room Group

Ear piercing

Is it worth getting one who ear full of piercings? If so is it better to have sleeper earrings, or just studs, it is just something I am looking into.
Reply 1
Original post by Fintan1993
Is it worth getting one who ear full of piercings? If so is it better to have sleeper earrings, or just studs, it is just something I am looking into.

In my opinion, having both ears pierced & healing at the same time isn't that hard - obviously, this also depends on how you sleep, etc. Not sure if it's the same for others, as experiences may vary, I guess it also depends on how many you're thinking or if you want just cartilage pierced as opposed to just lobes.

Most piercing parlours will do a deal on both lobes rather than one at a time. Besides that it is your choice, although obviously, each part of anatomy varies in healing time, so I'd take that into account if you're looking at doing one ear at a time as it may look kind of imbalanced :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by fryjer
In my opinion, having both ears pierced & healing at the same time isn't that hard - obviously, this also depends on how you sleep, etc. Not sure if it's the same for others, as experiences may vary, I guess it also depends on how many you're thinking or if you want just cartilage pierced as opposed to just lobes.

Most piercing parlours will do a deal on both lobes rather than one at a time. Besides that it is your choice, although obviously, each part of anatomy varies in healing time, so I'd take that into account if you're looking at doing one ear at a time as it may look kind of imbalanced :smile:

Yeah that is a good idea.
Reply 3
Original post by Fintan1993
Yeah that is a good idea.

Sounds good! I'd recommend planning out where you want piercings or looking for inspiration on Pinterest also :smile: How many are you thinking of getting?

Forgot to answer the stud question mb! Not sure what "sleeper earrings" are, but I'd highly recommend labrets, although you are likely to be pierced with & have studs to start. There's no benefit to having hoops while the piercing heals unless you're getting something like a daith. Wearing hoops or loser earrings during the healing stage can lead to bumps, irritation or migration.

Quick Reply

Latest