The Student Room Group

Oxford MSc Law and Finance

Hi,

I applied for the Oxford MSc in Law and Finance and am waiting to hear back. Has anyone else applied? Would be keen to know if you've been in contact with the University.

Good luck if you have applied! :gthumb:

Cheers.
Reply 1
No one? Really?
Reply 2
mack_moss
No one? Really?

Try the general thread for Oxford graduate applicants. I can't remember off the top of my head whether there are any applicants for that particular course around, but you could start by searching the thread.:smile:
Reply 3
Cheers hobnob

I've searched high and low in all the threads; doesn't seem like anyone applied (or at least not discussing that particular course). I'll just wait to hear from Oxford.

Cheers,
Mack
Reply 4
Hi

Even I am interested to do MSc in Law & Finance from Oxford..but slightly doubtful abt the job prospects post this qualification..

Cheers
Try the discussion board at llm-guide?
Reply 6
I applied to the MSc in Law and Finance course, but this is more for interest and less for a career. I am interested in medicine and public health, and I will have a BA in Political Science, so Oxford might deem my qualifications insufficient. Law and finance might be a decent allied field in healthcare, though (the basis of my motivation).
Reply 7
YaleBulldog
I applied to the MSc in Law and Finance course, but this is more for interest and less for a career. I am interested in medicine and public health, and I will have a BA in Political Science, so Oxford might deem my qualifications insufficient. Law and finance might be a decent allied field in healthcare, though (the basis of my motivation).

Sounds like it would be an interesting combination - all the best with your application.

If you're interested to know, I emailed the faculty and was told that offers will be emailed out on March 19, or possible earlier that week.

Cheers,

Mack
Reply 8
mack_moss,
Did you hear back from oxford/have you started the course??
I'm going to apply this year and would love to hear about your experience.... kate
Reply 9
Kate - yes was accepted and started at Oxford 2 weeks ago. Happy to answer any questions, email karthi1 [at] gmail
Reply 10
Hi Mack!

I'd like to apply for the MSC in Law and Finance in 2013 and would be very grateful to hear about your experience applying and studying for this particular degree at Oxford.

I'll tell you sth about my background. I'm 24 years old, currently studying Law at a Paraguayan university (South America) (my GPA stands at 4.66/5 with three semesters more to go), I got an IELTS bandscore of 9.0 back in 2008, I've had little to no practical experience (I'm applying for a junior position at the Paraguayan equivalent of the British Financial Services Authority) and participated in the 2011 edition of the Willem C. Vis Commercial Arbitration Moot as a speaker [UN Convention on the International Sale of Goods (CISG) and Arbitration; topics I gather must be covered in the MFL's 'Transnational Commercial Law' course].

Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending