The Student Room Group

MSc Data Science

I am interested in doing MSc Data Science. However, I did Law during my undergraduate. Yes, it is a career change.

I am thinking of applying to:
1. University of Oxford, MSc in Social Data Science (it states that it accepts all backgrounds)
2. UCL, MSc in Knowledge, Information and Data Science
3. LSE, MSc Applied Social Data Science
4. University of Manchester, MSc Data Science (Social Analytics)
5. University of Lancaster, MSc Data Science

As I do not come from a STEM background, my options are limited.
Original post by SpiderPig6910
I am interested in doing MSc Data Science. However, I did Law during my undergraduate. Yes, it is a career change.

I am thinking of applying to:
1. University of Oxford, MSc in Social Data Science (it states that it accepts all backgrounds)
2. UCL, MSc in Knowledge, Information and Data Science
3. LSE, MSc Applied Social Data Science
4. University of Manchester, MSc Data Science (Social Analytics)
5. University of Lancaster, MSc Data Science

As I do not come from a STEM background, my options are limited.

Hi @SpiderPig6910,
Nice to hear you are considering Lancaster! If you have any questions about studying Data science or about Lancaster in general, feel free to ask!
- Jasmine (Lancaster student ambassador)
Reply 2
Hi Jasmine, so I'm wondering what's the % of MSc Data Science students that don't come from a STEM background? I did not do any STEM subjects during my undergrad. However, I've taken multiple courses on Finance and Accounting on LinkedIn Learning and also half way through Google Data Analytics certification (3 out of 8 courses). I did calculus in my A-Levels equivalent but managed to pass only.
Original post by SpiderPig6910
Hi Jasmine, so I'm wondering what's the % of MSc Data Science students that don't come from a STEM background? I did not do any STEM subjects during my undergrad. However, I've taken multiple courses on Finance and Accounting on LinkedIn Learning and also half way through Google Data Analytics certification (3 out of 8 courses). I did calculus in my A-Levels equivalent but managed to pass only.

Hi!

The entry requirements for the MSc Data Science at Lancaster are "a 2:1 Hons degree (UK or equivalent) in Statistics, Computer Science or similar. We may also consider non-standard applicants". I would suggest contacting [email protected] to ask about your specific situation.

I hope this helps,
Florence (Lancaster University student ambassador)
Reply 4
Hi, SpiderPig!

We're on the same boat; I have a law degree from a Southeast Asian country (and consequently a lawyer) but I'm applying for DPhil in SDS at Oxford.

I'd love to connect with you, and I hope we both get in! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending