The Student Room Group

TSR Radiohead Society : Fake plastic thread

Scroll to see replies

I don't know... I mean it was hilarious the first and second time but I can't help but feel that it's too pretentious. The music is fine but I dislike the video.
Reply 2361
Oh really, yeah I know I think people are kind of split about it. I like it a lot, different to anything he's done before.... kind or performance arty goes with the emotion of the song I think but I understand why you may think it's pretentious. I cant stop playing Default though!

I love that one. India Rubber is another hidden gem.
Original post by Pinkhead
I love that one. India Rubber is another hidden gem.

Absolutely- I love the overlay of Jonny's laughter. It's so magical..
Reply 2365
Oh I think you're talking about the Ingenue video up there. Yeah I get what you mean about the pretentiousness. I don't mind the video, I was actually very amused by the dancing first watch. It does annoy me at the beginning though, where a certain backdrop gets covered by a screen. I was asking myself, what were they trying to say with that? It did seem too pretentious.
Hi,

Does anyone like 'The Eraser' by Thom Yorke? I think its really cool. What is everyones favourite Radiohead album? Mine is Kid A. In Limbo is brilliant.:colone:
Original post by olliejama93
Hi,

Does anyone like 'The Eraser' by Thom Yorke? I think its really cool. What is everyones favourite Radiohead album? Mine is Kid A. In Limbo is brilliant.:colone:

I like the Eraser too.

I can't really pick one, it's too hard to choose :redface:. It changes depending on my mood.
Reply 2368
Yeah your right it does depend entirely on the mood but right now I am listening to king of limbs and a bit of kid A.
Hi,

Yeah, I love The Eraser. My favourite seems to toss between OK Computer and Kid A every once in a while. Favourite song? I literally can not even attempt that. Far too many.
Presume everyone saw Thom's performances of Karma Police and Ingenue on Jonathan Ross. Ingenue was awesome...:biggrin:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZl6BRY9IYQ
Presume everyone saw Thom's performances of Karma Police and Ingenue on Jonathan Ross. Ingenue was awesome...:biggrin:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZl6BRY9IYQ

I don't watch JR... I wish I did so I could see this on tv though.

I liked this much better than the studio version. Doesn't sound as pretentious IMO.
Original post by Pinkhead
I don't watch JR... I wish I did so I could see this on tv though.

I liked this much better than the studio version. Doesn't sound as pretentious IMO.

Yeah I just heard about it through NME or something. Agreed this is way better than the studio version.
Someone should bring this thread back.

Radiohead are phenomenal. Who saw their Glastonbury performance (almost a week ago :yikes:)? What were your thoughts on the setlist?
Original post by SteamboatMickey

Radiohead are phenomenal. Who saw their Glastonbury performance (almost a week ago :yikes:)? What were your thoughts on the setlist?

I would have liked to see them play Man of War (what a tune), True Love Waits (AMSP version), Scatterbrain, and also would have liked to see a live orchestra, but maybe that's wishful thinking. I liked the setlist.

I think it's the more obscure tracks that I appreciate the most, because I've heard them play the hits many times. This was Glastonbury though, so their choices were understandable.
Original post by SteamboatMickey

It was amazing want it? Without a doubt the best performance I've seen from glastonbury in a long time. I'm seeing them in Manchester tomorrow and cannot wait I think i might burst when I see Thom in person
Just the society i need to be at
Original post by smiths32
It was amazing want it? Without a doubt the best performance I've seen from glastonbury in a long time. I'm seeing them in Manchester tomorrow and cannot wait I think i might burst when I see Thom in person

I went to that gig!! I was right at the front and it was the best day of my life

Quick Reply

Latest