The Student Room Group

chelseadagg3r's Summer Bucket List!

Scroll to see replies

This is an amazing idea!!! Goodluck :redface:

Hi TSR!

Two weeks in! This time has flown by. Summer is going to be over so quickly. I better make the most of it!

I'm in a super good mood. I just started a competition for the kids of the Minecraft server I admin and they have to write something from the perspective of a mythical/fantasy creature. I'm super excited to read the pieces they hand in. The prize will be something off our Buycraft store so they're super hyped for that.

I got my film of the day in. I've not missed a day yet and I don't plan to! It's nice being able to settle and do something easy every day, but still enjoy it and get something from it. Today I chose The Object of My Affection. It was such a lovely film. I really love Jennifer Anniston and Paul Rudd because in every film they do, you can see little bits of them shine through. It's like a personal stamp on their character, and I love it. It was a bit of a rom-com with a twist. I love rom-coms from the 90s. If you do too, definitely watch this film. It's really cute, and it's not stereotypical either.

I got to Aldi and Lidl today and bought my pepper and chilli plants! I can't actually remember which one I got them from. I had to go to both because I wanted peach iced tea and I can never remember where I get that from either! They're so cute, and it was so sunny today too so it was perfect timing to get them out into the garden!

20160710_174123.jpg

I got a little more Spanish in today! I don't have anything to show off today though :tongue: Mainly because I'm really tired, and it was more about relearning stuff I'd already done a year or so ago when I was last trying.

Song of the day: Perfect Situation - Weezer

Hope everyone had a nice day!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CHEM AND BIO TIME!
This is an amazing idea!!! Goodluck :redface:

Thanks!

Hey TSR!

I'm into my third week of the summer bucket list challenge and I'm still going strong! Here's to another two weeks!

It's my little cousin Alfie's 4th birthday today! He's super into Marvel so I got him an Ant-Man figure and a Falcon one. He adores the Falcon one, and I convinced him the Ant-Man one also has a tiny counterpart that walks around on the floor, so he's been tip-toeing around all afternoon trying not to hurt him! He's really sweet, bless him. He had a 2 tier Marvel cake with a giant Hulk fist on the top which he was super impressed with. I brought him a box of my little shortbread bears too, which he was in love with. While we were all sat outside, four planes did a fly-by. They were flying really low, but they didn't look like any I'd seen before. They actually looked almost like those ones you make out of the pre-cut MDF pieces. Because there were four, my cousin thought it was specially for his 4th birthday so he was very pleased.

Because of this, I didn't get much productive done. I spent a couple hours with my friends and played Warframe because I've not been able to do that much recently, and I'm working out all the new update. I'm finding the new navigation system a bit annoying and tedious, but we'll see. My friends have been using it since the update and they like it, so I might grow used to it. I hope so!

I'm currently in bed with my cat, who's being super needy tonight may I add, about to watch my film of the day. I'm gonna watch Juno because I've only actually seen a bit of it, but I really think I'll love it. Update on this tomorrow! Here's a photo of her a couple hours ago after I gave in and let her into my room.

20160710_093639.jpg

I have a dark chocolate magnum waiting for me, so see you guys tomorrow!

Song of the day: Future - Low Life, feat. The Weeknd

Hope everyone had a nice day! :flip:
(edited 7 years ago)

Hello TSR!

16 days down now! It's been a really long couple of days for me, being ill and all, so now I feel pretty awful. Queue some serious rest (and serious Netflix)!

It was my cousin Zac's sports day today at his school! He's 7 now, but he wasn't too into the competitive nature. He liked running around with his friend outside and that was about it. He didn't win anything, but he was quite happy to see his friends win! He even threw a race so that his best friend could win which was adorable. It was very different to his younger brother, 4, who in the 'new starters' race jumped over his best friend and carried on running after she fell over in front of him. It was a really nice day, too. It brought back some weird memories lying on the grassy field in the sun, surrounded by kids in white polo shirts. I was never a sporty kid, but I was good with strategy. I couldn't run to save my life, but I'd always win team games like rounders! Unfortunately I can't upload any photos because of course I don't have the permission to put them on the internet.

I finally sorted myself out and booked an appointment to get a jab that I should've done ages ago (oops). I don't mind needles or having blood drawn, but I can't stand injections. I always react really badly and feel very ill, and don't even get me started on the local reaction. I have that tomorrow afternoon, so I have that to totally, completely legitimately look forward to.

When I got home and settled, I started my film of the day. I couldn't really decide what to watch, so as soon as I saw something even vaguely interesting I put it on. I ended up with The Whistleblower, about a UN employee in Bosnia. It was really really good. I would really recommend it to anyone who is interested in crime thrillers.

It took me ages tonight to sit and read through what everyone had posted today, but I got through it! I've been keeping up with everyone's bucket lists and people are doing some really cool stuff! I'm really loving the updates. Hopefully someone out there is enjoying mine too, maybe even getting some inspiration from it!

Song of the day: Baby Girl I'm a Blur - Say Anything

Hope everyone had a nice day! :bear:
(edited 7 years ago)

Hey there TSR!

My seventeenth day has been completed!

I had to get the new meningitis/septicaemia vaccination. My body always reacts badly to vaccinations so I've been feeling a bit sorry for myself today! I came home, stuck on a film, and later on tucked into a nice steak and ale stew (which was gorgeous, thanks mum!)

My film of the day was Defiance, about the Bielski partisans. It was such an interesting and genuinely amazing film. I never learned anything about the Jewish resistance during the war and I really wish it was something we'd been taught about. I'm definitely going to have to learn more about this. My great-grandmother and her family were taken to concentration camps in WWII so this is a subject that has always been close to my heart. I've done some digging before, but I've been inspired to try harder and see if I can learn anything more.

See my new funky picture at the top? I made that today. I've made one for every post I've done so far, so I'll be adding those. They'll also be a part of my posts here from now on, and I'm hoping to make more!

My portfolio is about done now! I'd like to keep adding more things to it, but I don't want to embark on something really ambitious for it only to not have enough time to finish and add it before my interview, as I don't know when that's gonna be. Hopefully soon! I really want to get it over with so I don't have to panic about it anymore.

I refined the score system on my game a bit so it works better and it's really made the game as a whole 10x better already. I only changed a little thing and it's just insane how one tiny little change in the programming can make such a huge difference to the playing experience.

I started Jane the Virgin today and it was pretty good, I can't lie. I don't know what I was expecting exactly, but I don't think it was that. I was pleasantly surprised to see how likeable Jane and her family were and it's definitely one to add to my 'binge-watching' list.

When I was getting dressed today, I did notice something. I've lost a little weight! My jeans were a little looser, my top hung nicer, and the only bra I had clean today that happens to be a bit on the small size wasn't even close to as uncomfortable as it usually is. I've cut down on the sugary drinks a bit and started drinking more water, and I've also started eating healthier. By controlling what goes into my meals by making more of them from scratch, I'm eating a lot better than just grabbing something from the freezer.

That's it for my day! I don't think I have anything planned for tomorrow, so I'll probably sit and binge on Netflix, food, and hopefully get a little work in.

Everyone's bucket lists so far as so interesting and look like so much fun! I wish I could do all of the things you guys are going to be up to this summer! I'm enjoying the updates too. Keep them coming!

Song of the day: Sink or Swim - Lewis Watson

Hope everyone had a nice day! :dance:
(edited 7 years ago)

Hey TSR!

It's been a pretty weird day.

I had my meningitis and septicaemia jab yesterday and I wasn't feeling great afterwards, but that's normal for me to feel a generally ill and crap for a few hours. This time though, it just got worse and worse as time passed. I couldn't get out of bed until about 4:30pm because I was so weak and stiff, so I laid in bed and watched Jane the Virgin until I could. Fast forward to this afternoon/evening and I could hardly move. I was having heart palpitations, tachycardia, had a high temperature, and I couldn't move my arm at all, and it was just really weak all day to the point where I couldn't hold anything heavier than my phone. I called 111 to see if there was anything I could do because ibuprofen and paracetamol weren't helping, but they insisted that I needed to see an emergency doctor. At 11:30pm, I'm down at the emergency clinic, the doctor is a little concerned but puts it down to my existing health conditions. It's a tricky situation because I have a low immune system and hypersensitivity to medication, so now I have to talk with my doctor and see whether it's safe to carry on having regular vaccinations. Fun times.

Anyway, I just got home so I'm currently finishing my film of the day. I started it before I had to call 111 but after that I had to leave. I decided on Aloha because it sounded like an easy watch and while I tried a different film, it was a bit too complicated to follow while I wasn't well. It was an okay film, but I can see why there was a lot of backlash over the casting. I wouldn't watch it again, but if you're a fan of Bradley Cooper and/or Emma Stone it's worth a watch.

I also just finished off a Dairy Milk McFlurry and a strawberry lemonade from McDonalds. The lemonade smelled amazing and was just so so refreshing, and they put about three times the amount of chocolate in my ice cream as usual so I was very pleased. They must have seen how crap I looked and felt sorry for me! The emergency clinic was right opposite McDonalds and I really needed something to cool down with before I fainted. It's a pretty good place to an out-of-hours emergency clinic, opposite McDonalds, if you ask me. I didn't really eat much today either so at least I won't be hungry all night!

I was hoping to get a little more done tonight but I think it's time I got to bed and chilled with my cat for a bit in front of the TV. I deserve it! It's been a long day so I'm looking forward to getting to sleep!

Hopefully you all had a better day, and hopefully I'll have a better day tomorrow!

Song of the day: Titanium - David Guetta, feat. Sia

Hope everyone had a nice day!
(edited 7 years ago)
Been keeping up with your summer through this bucket list and i'm so happy that you've started Jane the Virgin!! Really hope you enjoy watching it, if you ever need a reaction buddy, someone to scream, obsess or anything with, I'm always here :teehee:

Good luck with the rest of your goals!
Fab blog - good luck completing everything :smile:
Original post by sleepinglions
Been keeping up with your summer through this bucket list and i'm so happy that you've started Jane the Virgin!! Really hope you enjoy watching it, if you ever need a reaction buddy, someone to scream, obsess or anything with, I'm always here :teehee:

Good luck with the rest of your goals!

Thanks, that's awesome! I'm watching it right now haha I'm on episode 12 of season 1 at the moment. The characters are just so great!
Original post by brainzistheword
Fab blog - good luck completing everything :smile:

Thanks, and thanks! It means a lot :smile:

Hello again TSR!

Nineteen days down! I can't believe how many views this thread has got so far. It's insane to see how many people are reading my updates!

I'm up to episode 17 of Jane the Virgin now and I'm enjoying it so much. I've not been able to do much else today because I'm feeling no better, worse actually, but I'll survive. I'm planning on starting a bunch of new series on Netflix, and I have some documentaries lined up too. We've all gotten so into Netflix over the past few months that we actually ended up cancelling our Sky subscription because none of us used it anymore.

My brother is home at the moment. He's staying the night. He came home to visit on Thursday evening and stayed the night, and he wanted to stay an extra night because he was too tired to travel back. He's currently in a children's home where he can receive round-the-clock care without having to be in hospital again which has shown to be bad for him before. He suffers from a number of mental health issues and needs access to professional care 24/7 which is something he couldn't get at home. He's a lot happier now, and this is his first visit home. He's been there for about a month or so now and he's had loads of opportunities and he's noticeably better.

Anyway, to my film of the day! I searched through Netflix for a bit and just couldn't settle on anything, until I came across Kung Fu Panda. I've never actually seen it, and I recently had to listen to my friend go on and on for about half an hour about how great it was. I actually really enjoyed it. I can see why my younger cousins love it, and I'll have to get around to the second at some point soon. It was fun, and while I knew some of the actors who did voices, I was surprised to see how many actors and actresses that I knew were in it.

I'm happy with how my portfolio is coming along! I worked on it a bit today. It needs some serious cleaning up, but I've got almost everything I've worked on so far included. If you go to the link and click on 'Previous Work', you'll be able to see what I've been working on! You can view my portfolio so far here! I know there are improvements to be made, but I'm definitely happy with how it's coming along.

I have some plans coming up soon so I'm super excited to tell you all about them after they've happened! Expect a bit of a history lesson next week!

Song of the day: This is What You Came For - Calvin Harris, feat. Rihanna

Hope everyone had a nice day! :penguinhug:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Thanks, that's awesome! I'm watching it right now haha I'm on episode 12 of season 1 at the moment. The characters are just so great!

omg, I remember when season 1 ended and I thought to myself, omg I need to start getting out more :lol: I'd just been hiding in my room binging it all :tongue: Team Raf or Team Michael??? :wink:
omg, I remember when season 1 ended and I thought to myself, omg I need to start getting out more :lol: I'd just been hiding in my room binging it all :tongue: Team Raf or Team Michael??? :wink:

Oh, Team Raf for suuuuure. You? :tongue:
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Oh, Team Raf for suuuuure. You? :tongue:

It fluctuates so much for me :teehee: But I've just got to say Team Michael :love:
It fluctuates so much for me :teehee: But I've just got to say Team Michael :love:

Haha yes! I was all for Michael at first, and now Raf, and something is bound to happen soon to confuse me again!

Hello again, lovely people of TSR!

20 days completed and I'm still not getting bored! I can't believe how many views that has got so far. It's a little insane. It's definitely an encouragement though and I can't imagine missing a day now! Thanks to everyone reading!

I've just finished my film for today. I chose Star Trek Into Darkness because I recently enjoyed Star Trek so much. I think I actually preferred this one, and now I'm even more excited for Star Trek Beyond. Honestly I just really like the characters, and as nerdy and geeky as people say this is it really isn't. It's full of action. Yeah, it's set in space and everything, but it's something accessible to everyone and something that so many people outside of the 'nerd' stereotype can love and enjoy.

I'm still pretty ill, but antihistamines seem to be helping a lot. My cat is feeling a bit sorry for herself too so we're both sat half asleep in front of the TV together!

I downloaded Pinterest today (RIP me) and started having a look through for a DIY project to try. I had a look through the ones I could find on Buzzfeed but the only ones that caught my eye were ones I couldn't really do for lack of supplies, tools, and money. I'm gonna keep looking and hopefully I'll be able to find the perfect one soon! I want one I can probably do, but also one that is more challenging than folding up a bit of cut up paper into a box and drawing a panda face on it. It'd also be nice to have something I'll actually use, too. I'm probably going to continue this tonight in bed, actually!

Guys, one thing. I caved. I got Pokemon GO! Because I'm a lazy cheat, I've only caught them from my bed and my sofa so far, but I have like 3 pokeballs left so I'll have to make a run for some soon! I have some cool ones so far, but my area (bed/sofa) is full of Weedles! I almost caught a Jigglypuff today until I got the freezing glitch and I lost it when I had to restart. I was pretty gutted, not gonna lie. It's a good game, but I don't think I'll go going out of my way to 'catch them all'. I think I'll just end up getting out my phone when I stop somewhere, seeing if there's anything around and catching what I can, and getting supplies and stuff when I pass by the stops.

I got some more Spanish in! I'm doing pretty well with Duolingo, but I've recently heard of Memrise which I'm excited to try too. I also really want to get back into learning to code, so I'll have to get back onto Codecademy at some point! Last time I used it, I got on really well with it and found it very easy to learn from so I know it's a pretty good choice for me.

I've eaten awfully today so I'll have to see if I can eat extra well tomorrow for my better eating goal! That being said, we're all allowed a cheat day right?

Thanks for reading again!

Song of the day: I Want to Know Your Plans - Say Anything

Hope everyone had a nice day! :pika:
(edited 7 years ago)

Hello again TSR!

3 weeks down, not too many to go!

I've been super lazy today. I've been really feverish and sore but I'm on the up again! I watched looooads of Netflix though. A really unhealthy amount of Netflix.
I started with my first film of the day: I Love You Phillip Morris. I'll somewhat ashamedly admit that I'm not a fan of Jim Carrey. I just don't usually like his acting style and I don't find him very funny. That being said, he was pretty damn good in I Love You Phillip Morris. He played the character of Steven so believably and he and Ewan McGregor really made the film what it was. It's insane to think that this is based on a true story. I looked it up so many times to double check because it just doesn't seem like it could happen, but it did.

My second film today was Last Vegas. It's been on my mind for a little while, and I'm a fan of Morgan Freeman and Robert De Niro so I figured it was worth a shot. I gotta say, I think I'd quite like to party with those granddads. It wasn't particularly funny, and I wasn't so keen on the character of Diana and her relationship with Billy, but I really liked the other characters. It wasn't very original, but it was done well with great actors.

My third film of the day (you can see where this is headed) was Jeff, Who Lives at Home. I was really excited to see this because I've enjoyed other work that the Duplass brothers have been involved with. I love this film. It really made me think. It made me consider fate and destiny in a more realistic way than other films, and I was left to consider whether everything does happen for a reason. Jason Segal plays Jeff brilliantly, but the writing is what really sold this for me. The Duplass brothers did an excellent job with this film and I would 100% recommend it.

Next (oh dear,) I decided against another film and chose a documentary instead. I chose My Beautiful Broken Brain, about a woman rebuilding and relearning after having a serious brain haemorrhage. Because she was a filmmaker herself, it was amazing to see her in front of the camera and telling her own story. She mentioned it being a bit part of her recovery and I can really see why. Hopefully I'll be able to do some digging and find out how she and her family are now! Lotja is an incredibly inspiring woman and I'm really glad I watched her documentary today.

Finally (kind of), I watched Living on One Dollar. I'd heard about this documentary before when I was researching for a similar potential project idea of mine, and I finally watched it through today. It's incredible to see the real people living like this in a way where they aren't just shown crying on camera like the poster boys and girls for poverty, but actually seeing and watching white boys who've lived normal lives experience it first hand. The people of the village were probably the kindest and most generous people I've ever seen, even though they have so little. They will give so much to those who need it when they can hardly survive themselves. Even hours later, I can't stop wondering about how they're getting on now and if things have (hopefully) gotten better for them.

The boys who made Living on One Dollar also made another one that interested me called Salam Neighbor. I started this tonight but I'm very tired, so I'll finish this tomorrow. One thing I can say, though, is that the young people getting into filmmaking, in particular documentaries, are really doing it right and I can't wait to see the direction in which this all goes, and what they'll film next. I think a lot of inspiration can be taken from these two guys.

I've also started adding my funky new image headers into all of my posts so far, and I'm coming up with ideas for more that I could do to make my posts look great.

I have an appointment or two tomorrow, my day starting at 9am, so I'd better head to bed. I can't keep falling asleep at 5-6am and waking up in the afternoon forever! Night guys!

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog!

Song of the day: Someone - Lucy Spraggan

Hope everyone had a nice day! :goodnight:
(edited 7 years ago)

Hey there TSR! Bit of a late update because I ended up napping through most of the day, so had to do a lot of my day things at night. Oops!

Up to 22 days, 22 updates, and nearly 1000 views! Just the sheer amount of views alone is so inspiring to me, and going through my list and updating every day is such a great way to make the most of my summer and recap the great things every day. Thanks to everyone that has viewed and/or commented!

I started today by going to a couple of appointments. My mum dropped me off, and I was nearly late because she insisted on pulling the car over every other minute to try and catch some Pokemon. I did finally manage to get some more Pokeballs though, even if only three. I'll have to do a tour of all the local stops at some point or something! I ran out again very quickly and it's so incredibly frustrating when you see something you really want to catch and you're completely out of Pokeballs.

I finished Salam Neighbor today as well. It's so saddening to see how these refugee are struggling so hard to live. I was in shock when I learned that on average a refugee will live in a camp for 17 years. That's basically a whole childhood. It's really quite upsetting to see that countries with more resources are taking in less refugees, and the ones that will struggle to help them most are giving so much more. Even if countries like ours don't take in refugees, we need to support the countries that do in a much stronger way. These people deserve dignity, and they deserve a life. I actually had to think about that documentary for a while, so it took me some time to move onto something else. I ended up sitting out on my patio just looking into all of my flowers and at my home and thinking about how lucky I am to have even that. I have access to help when I need it, whether it be education, health, or anything else really. The refugees in the countries bordering Syria get hardly a fraction of what we have, and that's something we all need to have a think about.

While I was outside, I caught a bit of a tan. Before, when I sat in the sun, it would actually reflect off my legs and hurt my eyes. My legs were just straight up white. My arms have darkened slightly over the years, and my face even more, but it's very rare that I have my legs exposed. The further you get down my body, actually, the paler my skin is. I guess I'm just super late with the ombre trend! My legs are a little pink, so hopefully that settles down into something of a tan. I don't have too much faith in that, though. I've never been so lucky with tanning before.

It wasn't long, actually, until I was boiling. I had a quick check of my chilli and pepper plants but they haven't really changed, other than a couple of holes in the leaves thanks to the pests that seem to be enjoying them! After that I went straight inside, my myself an ice cold mojito (which was amazing) and settled down in the living room so I could cool down.

Anyway, film of the day! So I chose Labor Day today because it was on Netflix and I fancied a bit of Kate Winslet. Nothing wrong with that! All I can really say is that it was very 'ehhh'. Even thought she was sick, it seemed quite far-fetched. It did make me think about what I'd do in her situation though, and that was interesting. Would I do the same thing? Would I do something differently? In the moment, scared and alone, what choice would I make? The answer is I don't know. How can I know? It's all hypothetical and I have time to think it through. In the moment, thoughts speeding around my head, my breath quick and my heart racing, what would I do? It's definitely a film to have you thinking throughout, and it did feel like a bit of a fresher take on a romantic drama. I think my favourite thing overall was the costume design and the make-up. Kate Winslet looked like a real, struggling mother. She wasn't made to look super hot, but with her hair tied up and some sorky glasses to try and hide it. It looked so real and that quickly made it feel so much more real compared to other films with similar characters. Labor Day is definitely an interesting film to watch, and I'd be glad to hear your opinions on it too!

Song of the day: My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark - Fall Out Boy

Hope everyone had a nice day! :jive:
(edited 7 years ago)

Hello again, lovely people of TSR!

23 days down! It really doesn't feel like that long. It's passed so fast!

I can't help but say, firstly, holy crap it's hot. I feel like I'm suffocating and melting right at the same time. I've got fans going everywhere but all they're doing is moving around the warm air. I filled up our little paddling pool earlier though and sat in it for an hour or so, and let my ferrets swim around with me so they could cool off. They're so sweet and while they hate bathing, they love being held on the surface of the water so they can float on their backs.

The one on the left is called Byker because he was rescued from Byker, and the one on the right is called Forrest because he was rescued from some woods but was a fast little runner and so a nightmare to catch! We've had them for about 6 or 7 years now and it's hard to believe they aren't actually brothers. They really look out for each other and can't stand being separated. They always do everything together! One time, Byker managed to somehow find his way inside the sofa and got himself stuck. Once Forrest realised what happened, he went in and showed him the way out. It was honestly one of the sweetest things I've ever seen.

I'm done with ferret spam for today, promise :tongue: Just before I caught fire outside, I came in and quickly sat myself in the coolest room in the house for some (literally) chill time. I got on with my film of the day, Hector and the Search for Happiness, and it was actually really good. I didn't expect much of it, but it was actually a little inspiring. I also want to go travelling even more now, so thanks to the film for that.

I started Making a Murderer today as well. So far, I don't think that Brendan's initial confession should've been included, and I don't think those particular police officers should've had anything further to do with the case. I'm only half way through so far so I don't know all the facts, but I honestly don't know what to think right now. There's arguments for so many possibilities and I really don't know what I'd have thought as a juror.

God, it's so hot. I know I've already said that but it's almost 30 degrees even now. My room is the warmest in the house and I'm 99% sure that when I go to bed in a few minutes I will die. I'll either drown in my own sweat, melt, combust, or cook. I'm not sure which, but hopefully the weather is good to me and we get a miracle thunderstorm or something. Hail would be nice. Or snow. But for some reason I just feel like I'm not that lucky. Hopefully I'll still be here to post tomorrow. If I am, I hope my fingers haven't melted away into nothingness so I can type. If you don't hear from me tomorrow, you know what happened!

Song of the day: Hot in Herre - Nelly

Hope everyone had a nice day! :headfire:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest