The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Corfe House

I applied for one of the postgrad studio flats in the Student Village but have instead been told I've got a place in Corfe House. Can anyone tell me anything about it? I'm worried about being so far away from everything and flats of 6-8 people sounds really crowded!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1
I stayed in Corfe House in 2010. The graduate student flats are on the top floors. The undergrads get the lower floors. I've never been in the graduate flats, but I'm guessing they're similar to the undergrad ones. We had 5 rooms and shared a kitchen and living-room area. All rooms in Corfe House have an en-suite, which I believe is absent in the Student Village? All rooms also have larger beds.

You're correct about the distance. It's about 30-40 minutes on the bus, however there are two busses running every hour each way and the bus picks you up and drops you off in the station car-park right next to Corfe House.

From my experience, Corfe House is usually a lot quieter than the Student Village, however is in a much nicer area. Pool Harbour is minutes away. There are a few local pubs and bars (main bar is Dundees), however no clubs. Taxis to and from Bournemouth are £20.

There are 24 hour security, poole table in the 'common room' area and 5/6 washing machines/dryers, which can sometimes be a pain as you must wait to get a machine when it's busy (weekends and evenings).

Hope this helps. :smile:
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Thanks for all the info! I'm pretty sure I'm going to turn it down and rent privately with a flatmate closer up uni. It'll cost about the same but be much more comfortable and convenient.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending