The Student Room Group

What can my Casio FX-911ES Plus Do?

Alright guys :smile:

Got my C2 on Thursday and just wondered what my Casio FX-911ES Plus Calculator can do, as i understand this calculator is very useful for working/checking virtually every answer in the syllabus..

Thanks
All of the useful things listed in this article.... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Making_the_Most_of_your_Casio_fx-991ES_Calculator

Good luck!
Reply 2
Can triginomic Identities be checked on it?
Original post by Nilsdejongh

I assume that you mean trigonometric? Not that I'm aware of, but don't hold me to that. It can be used to check your answer to definite integration and numerical differentiation, and can also be used to check the sigma thing that they put in every C2 paper. You should probably read the article that the other guy posted.

You can check them any calculator by trying a few random values.

You definitely can't check trig identities, that's algebraic and so banned from calculators.

If you mean solve questions lilke sin^2x + cosx + 1 = 0 in the range 0<x<360 (and solve for all solutions in that range) then this can only be done using a graphical calculator as far as I know.

Obviously you can 'check' identities by subbing in random values and checking they hold, but I was under the impression that you usually get given a start point and an end point for identity questions so I don't see the point really.
Reply 6
Original post by electriic_ink
You can check them any calculator by trying a few random values.

This. It's checking integration and differentiation numerically that this calculator can do that is unique.
Reply 7
Original post by hassi94
You definitely can't check trig identities, that's algebraic and so banned from calculators.

If you mean solve questions lilke sin^2x + cosx + 1 = 0 in the range 0<x<360 (and solve for all solutions in that range) then this can only be done using a graphical calculator as far as I know.

Obviously you can 'check' identities by subbing in random values and checking they hold, but I was under the impression that you usually get given a start point and an end point for identity questions so I don't see the point really.

Ah yes, forgot about this. But yeah, you won't have an equation solver if that's what you're asking.

Quick Reply

Latest