The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
inebriatedgoldfish
No I don't think I have seen you about lol

Erm yeah I don't mind eccentrics but some of the people here are just plain scary!

Trust me, you wouldn't want to..!

dude_se
yea stafford is full of wierdos. im sometimes surrounded by obsessive WoW geeks who talk about the most wierdest things. creeps me out lol.

the libary is a bit smelly, but i still try and go in there once a week real late at night to do some work ( i work better at night and away from home ), so its better than nothing.

im getting very stressed with work too (im a second year), but apart from that its going ok
edit: i reconise a couple of people from TSR but have never met/talked to any yet :p:

yeh i noticed that! i hate going in any room where it smells of sweat, just like i hate someone walking by who smells awful!

furthermore, how the hell do you get in the library at night? i went there about 9pm a couple weeks back and the doors on the inside didn't open, so I thought **** this **** and walked out!!
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 101
its 24 hours. automatic doors. walk in and sign in lol

on a rare occasion they have to lock the door if the guy wants to check round the libary (for safety reasons)... but only for a short while
Reply 102
inebriatedgoldfish
Charming :mad:

kidding of course I wouldn't want to be attacked with those nails :eek:
Reply 103
Had a bit of a **** week, one of my mates was taken to hospital at the weekend and is now in there for the foreseeable future. That tied in with some bad family problems, I think it's fair to say last weekend was the worst weekend I've had this year.

A lot of the freshers are down right weird (at least the ones I've seen in the SU). Some reet weirdos. There must've been some kind of weirdo / geek meet in the SU last week one night... about 6 of them crowded around a table drinking... water?

Assignment wise... handed 3 in last week. Got a few to do by the middle of December, must get cracking on with those :biggrin:

Meet wise, I've only seen Dom as he stalks me. Lots! Going by your pic Tara, I've apprantely seen you in the SU a few times! Apart from that, I only know what one or two of you other ones look like and I've probably spotted you but it's not clicked.

The SU is proper quiet at night. I went last Thursday for the burger thingy thinking it'd be semi-busy and there must've been no more than 10 people in there... probably more bar staff than students :biggrin:

Like you said though, the SU is alright if you're with the right people. I'm usually (...always...) on the pool table in the SU if I go in... quite often making a prat of myself because I hit the white ball off more times than I can hit a ball into a pocket.

Ho hum. Friday! :biggrin:
Reply 104
dude_se
its 24 hours. automatic doors. walk in and sign in lol

on a rare occasion they have to lock the door if the guy wants to check round the libary (for safety reasons)... but only for a short while

Ah, that was probably why then! I'm not gonna go again as i'm sure I won't be able to get in again...!

Xtrm2Matt
Had a bit of a **** week, one of my mates was taken to hospital at the weekend and is now in there for the foreseeable future. That tied in with some bad family problems, I think it's fair to say last weekend was the worst weekend I've had this year.

A lot of the freshers are down right weird (at least the ones I've seen in the SU). Some reet weirdos. There must've been some kind of weirdo / geek meet in the SU last week one night... about 6 of them crowded around a table drinking... water?

Assignment wise... handed 3 in last week. Got a few to do by the middle of December, must get cracking on with those :biggrin:

Meet wise, I've only seen Dom as he stalks me. Lots! Going by your pic Tara, I've apprantely seen you in the SU a few times! Apart from that, I only know what one or two of you other ones look like and I've probably spotted you but it's not clicked.

The SU is proper quiet at night. I went last Thursday for the burger thingy thinking it'd be semi-busy and there must've been no more than 10 people in there... probably more bar staff than students :biggrin:

Like you said though, the SU is alright if you're with the right people. I'm usually (...always...) on the pool table in the SU if I go in... quite often making a prat of myself because I hit the white ball off more times than I can hit a ball into a pocket.

Ho hum. Friday! :biggrin:

Hah, that reminded me of The Faculty!

Plus if you went last Thursday for a Burger you should of seen me in there! I was on my own reading a paper on the first high table you get to when you walk in! And speaking of bar staff, the small brunette girl is quite nice...
Reply 105
noaksey
Hah, that reminded me of The Faculty!

Plus if you went last Thursday for a Burger you should of seen me in there! I was on my own reading a paper on the first high table you get to when you walk in! And speaking of bar staff, the small brunette girl is quite nice...

No way! I think I remember you... slightly! I was sat over in the far left corner [in the sofa area], switching between there and the pool table.

A few of them are quite nice tbh! :p:
inebriatedgoldfish
Bumped!

(Except you Clements your a poo)

I jest :p:
-

Horrible woman.
Reply 107
<?php
echo "lol i dont stalk you matt. i just have some lessons the same as you / go to the cool parts of uni (su, etc).";

echo "im actually trying to stalk your friend. you just hang around like a bad smell :frown:";

//sorry to hear about your family issues though :/

?>

being geeky is fun :p:
Reply 108
do{
printf(" moo ");
}while(;:wink:;
Reply 109
lol. just shows how bored i am. im resorting to writing crappy php code on TSR :frown:
Reply 110
Not enough people to hug.
mattyboi90
Horrible woman.

Nah Im lovely :p:

If people see me and know me from the forums say hi, unless your a weirdo in which case dont bother... :biggrin:
Reply 112
hah, I'll try and look out for you in that case..
Reply 113
she looks a lot less emo in real life just so you know :P
Reply 114
hah - all i'm going off is that picture in her profile!
kk update:

Its AWESOME! Yarlet is awesome, everything is good. I did make a prat out of myself on Friday night just gone in the SU, I had a few too many aftershocks and ended up getting very drunk a bit too quickly. Ended up giggling to myself in the kitchen >_> So yeah if you seen a guy in a white top with glasses dancing around in the Lounge part of the SU, like a blummin lunatic, guess who?! D:

Stafford nightlife is pretty good, I'm always down the wetherspoons every wednesday with my scuba diving squad and I'm thinking of doing Salsa soon. :biggrin: Work is good too, getting a transfer back to my old shop for christmas and made loads of friends in the uni. Gotta say though, hardly met anyone off Student Room yet. I've met a few but not loads. must change that, oh and need to go into bloody stoke too. Always see my gf on the weekends so its cool yaaay. K time to check mail room.
Reply 116
Picked up a girl from Stoke last night across the road from the campus. My god that place is rough :eek:
Bonyjoe
she looks a lot less emo in real life just so you know :P

:mad: Charming!

Im not that emo :rolleyes:
noaksey
hah - all i'm going off is that picture in her profile!

Changed my dp now... But that picture is just as emo as the last tbh lol :biggrin:
Reply 119
Anyone going the !Friday! thing tomorrow? Apprantely it's buy one get one free on all drinks?

Latest

Trending

Trending