The Student Room Group

no friends

so i started sixth form today and it was so awkward the entire time, like i hung out with a girl and her friend they went to the same skl and yeah idk it was such a bad day and idk what to do now like how do i make friends, why does everyone hate me- ive been getting looks all day today too from EVERYONE even my form tutor was weird like we had to introduce ourselves and she picked me last like what, ur making eye contact with me but ur not gonna pick me why is my life like this
Reply 1
Nobody hates you, you don't know them yet so just throw yourself into it. It will all work out in the end, sure now you think that they are all new faces but soon enough it will be like you have known them forever, you have done it once so why not again?
Original post by Anonymous
so i started sixth form today and it was so awkward the entire time, like i hung out with a girl and her friend they went to the same skl and yeah idk it was such a bad day and idk what to do now like how do i make friends, why does everyone hate me- ive been getting looks all day today too from EVERYONE even my form tutor was weird like we had to introduce ourselves and she picked me last like what, ur making eye contact with me but ur not gonna pick me why is my life like this

Firstly, don't dwell too much on the awkwardness of your first day at sixth form. It's common for everyone to feel a bit out of place during the initial days. Understand that many others are likely feeling the same way.

To start making friends, take a relaxed approach. Begin by engaging in simple conversations with those around you. You could ask for a small favor, like borrowing a pen or eraser. When you strike up a conversation, don't forget to introduce yourself. Something like, "Thanks for helping out. By the way, I'm [Your Name], nice to meet you," can work well.

While conversing, try to discover common interests or topics to discuss. It could be related to shared classes, hobbies, or any other common ground you can find. This can make your conversations more engaging and enjoyable.

If you feel a connection with someone, consider exchanging contact information, like Instagram or Snapchat, to stay in touch outside of school. But remember, forming meaningful connections takes time, so don't expect instant results.

Regarding the looks you mentioned, it's important not to jump to conclusions. People might have their own concerns or simply be lost in their thoughts. Your form tutor's behavior might have various reasons behind it. Give it time to see how things unfold.

Lastly, consider your personal hygiene and appearance as it can impact the impression you make. Maintaining good hygiene and dressing neatly can boost your confidence and the way others perceive you. However, being authentic and true to yourself is essential above all else
Reply 3
yeah no im gonna sacrifice my social life, study so people are gonna be like yo did she cheat cuz i can't anymore, also i look dumb physically which is smth ive been told a lot so when for example i got my gcse grades people were surprised i even passed so yeah no friends in sixth form! how fun
Reply 4
yeah no im gonna sacrifice my social life, study so people are gonna be like yo did she cheat cuz i can't anymore, also i look dumb physically which is smth ive been told a lot so when for example i got my gcse grades people were surprised i even passed so yeah no friends in sixth form! how fun

you will inadvertently make friends in these 2 years fasho so do not worry

bro u just have a negative thoughts about yourself so much so your projecting it to other people, that most likely why people call you dumb x
Reply 6

please speak to others, start up conversations, be friendly and smile.
find those with common interests in your lessons and stuff. no one hates you <3
I had a bad experience in sixth form, got bullied, too nervous to speak to others so I seemed unapproachable, a very lonely two years. If people decline you or turn away just know that there's always someone who will be there for you, just keep trying don't give up!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending