The Student Room Group

i feel like im going to be single forever

I'm 18 and i've never been in a relationship before. I go to an all girls school but my sixthform is mixed so i do talk to some guys.

I want to be in a relationship even if it does break my hurt in the end. Everyone around me has some sort of relationship with someone whether it being a serious or complicated one. I just wanna experience the whole experience of it, i feel like im missing out. I know not being in a relationship isnt the end of the world but It just makes me feel like im unlovable - having not one talking stage. I wouldn't say im ugly, the worst feature i have is my acne but thats been getting better and with skin tint, its as if it never existed. So i dont think its my looks

I dont feel entirely comfortable around someone unless we talk everyday whether it would be online or in person but everyone around me seems like this isnt the case for them. It just takes me time to relax around someone and feel at ease but everyone seems to get used to everyone and i cant tell if they feel what i feel or just click with anyone. It just sucks bc everyone seems to know everyone but i just dont. I'm not a massive extrovert but i do get more talkative when i'm around people i know.

Why do i find trouble connecting and how do i fix it
Original post by Anonymous #1
I'm 18 and i've never been in a relationship before. I go to an all girls school but my sixthform is mixed so i do talk to some guys.

I want to be in a relationship even if it does break my hurt in the end. Everyone around me has some sort of relationship with someone whether it being a serious or complicated one. I just wanna experience the whole experience of it, i feel like im missing out. I know not being in a relationship isnt the end of the world but It just makes me feel like im unlovable - having not one talking stage. I wouldn't say im ugly, the worst feature i have is my acne but thats been getting better and with skin tint, its as if it never existed. So i dont think its my looks

I dont feel entirely comfortable around someone unless we talk everyday whether it would be online or in person but everyone around me seems like this isnt the case for them. It just takes me time to relax around someone and feel at ease but everyone seems to get used to everyone and i cant tell if they feel what i feel or just click with anyone. It just sucks bc everyone seems to know everyone but i just dont. I'm not a massive extrovert but i do get more talkative when i'm around people i know.

Why do i find trouble connecting and how do i fix it

I don’t know how to fix it but I feel the same. I’ve never had a crush on any of the boys in my school and so in sixth form none of them particularly interest me, and my clubs/extracurriculars are within school. Even the clubs I used to do which were ballet and drama didn’t really have many boys.

I don’t have Snapchat or social media much so tbf I don’t have many chances to contact people outside of school like my other friends but even that makes me feel weird randomly talking to a stranger online. Like you I feel like I need to at least get a bit of a friendship first before moving on to anything else.

I don’t know what to do either, cause obviously it’s not the end of the world but when everyone around you has so many more options outside of school for friends and romantic partners you just feel alone I guess.

Just wanted to let you know you’re not alone 😂 Maybe ask some of your friends to introduce you to their friends so you can get to know them and maybe start something?
Boys feel the same as your are feeling
We also question our luck will we always be single?
Reply 3
Everyone is different. Maybe strike up conversations with the boys find something you can talk about or have something in common.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending