The Student Room Group

Anyone Doing AQA AS Level Business? Please Help!

Hi There,

This is to anyone doing AQA AS level business studies, this year?
I'm self teaching, and have all the necessary exam structures etc.

Just one thing I need to know, I can't find the coursework spec anywhere, can anyone send it to me? + Also is Unit 1 done In JAN? and Is Unit Two done in June?

Please explain if you can, +rep for good answers :smile: Thanks

Sophie
Reply 1
They have coursework on this specification?! They didn't last year or the year before.. You can do the units whenever you want, but traditionally you do Unit 1 in Jan and Unit 2 in June as you said.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Adam92
They have coursework on this specification?! They didn't last year or the year before.. You can do the units whenever you want, but traditionally you do Unit 1 in Jan and Unit 2 in June as you said.

Thanks Adam,

Well I had a look through the spec that I have, and it says that Unit 1: 40% of AS and 20% of A2... Where is the other 40%???? I guessed it would be coursework.

and For Unit 2:
60% of AS and 30% of A2.

Where is the other 10%? :s-smilie:

Thanks
Reply 3
itsyounotme
Thanks Adam,

Well I had a look through the spec that I have, and it says that Unit 1: 40% of AS and 20% of A2... Where is the other 40%???? I guessed it would be coursework.

and For Unit 2:
60% of AS and 30% of A2.

Where is the other 10%? :s-smilie:

Thanks

That's because Unit 1 is worth 80, Unit 2 is worth 120. The AS is thus out of 200, with Unit 1 being worth 40% (80/200) and Unit 2 being the other 60%. The AS is half of the A-level (worth 400 UMS total), so Unit 1 is 20% (80/400), and Unit 2 is 30% (120/400).

Does that make sense?

Latest

Trending

Trending