The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7160
Seriously QR11.4 ARHGHGFHDHJDJFKKLDJFN! I haven't looked at the answer yet but I seriously don't get time differences, it confuses me. :frown:
UKCAT tomorrow :eek3: (morning too)...

Last minute tips for me guys? Especially AR and VR ..shall I just go though UPO for AR and 600Q book for VR?
Faith01
UKCAT tomorrow :eek3: (morning too)...

Last minute tips for me guys? Especially AR and VR ..shall I just go though UPO for AR and 600Q book for VR?

curious generally.

why did you drop biology? :confused:

/assuming-you-want-to-do-medicine
Reply 7163
garlicbreadman
I know how you feel!

Apparently their cut-off last year was 642 so I don't think it is worth applying there. Perhaps you are better off appyling to Edinburgh instead or Liverpool as people say but I don't know about their 6th year requirements for Scottish students.:confused:

I wish I'd got 650 at least.
Nothing we can do now.
Aberdeen only use it for 4%, Dundee - 20%, St Andrews state a cut-off of 614.25 on their website, I emailed them and they say they cant say for sure until all applications are in about whether this cut-off might increase. :frown:

:woo:

I hate how I worked so hard the past 2 years and this ******* ukcat has ****** everything up.
I suppose it coulda gone worse, at least we both got above 600.

Right so Glasgow is OUT. Damn. I don't even have the cut-off for St Andrews. Damn. WHY OH WHY.

I'll apply for Dundee, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and I have no idea now for my last choice. Any ideas?

I'm thinking that I might have to take a gap year and re-apply, because with my score I don't see me getting in anywhere. Can you apply for the same universities for the same course two years in a row?

I know what you mean, it's like, if i was applying for anything else, then I have the grades, and everything would be fine, yet, because of this fecking UKCAT, I have worked hard, got the grades, BUT STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
so i just did it but it doesnt generate an actual score out of 900... i have the indiividual marks on each section does anyone know how to convert that into the proper score?
spacepirate-James
curious generally.

why did you drop biology? :confused:

/assuming-you-want-to-do-medicine

You are the 20000th person that asked me this ..well certain topics in the syllabus aren't related to the actual human biology such as quadrants (counting how many species there are etc) ..stuff about fish and and exam is filled with 'how science works'.. Medicine is all about the human body and diseases etc ..stuff that already interests me and like to read in my spare time (bit of a geek I am, I know) ..also taught by teachers who can't teach to save their lives and fail everyone in their ISAs.
(edited 13 years ago)
Add them up and then divide by 4
G550NDH
Add them up and then divide by 4

no seriously
Anyone know if I am allowed to bring tissues to rub off from the whiteboard?
Reply 7169
Hey. I need to know if applying to a 5th option (e.g. biomed) as a backup alongside four medicine applications would risk me getting in for medicine. I've read somewhere that it does and somewhere else that it doesnt...anyone know for sure?
Listen .. you have your score right ... so it would be like
VR : 600
QR : 600
AR : 600
DA : 600

So add them up divide by 4 and you get 600

******* easy to figure out
Faith01
You are the 20000th person that asked me this ..well certain topics in the syllabus aren't related to the actual human biology such as quadrants (counting how many species there are etc) ..stuff about fish and and exam is filled with 'how science works'.. Medicine is all about the human body and diseases etc ..stuff that already interests me and like to read in my spare time (bit of a geek I am, I know) ..also taught by teachers who can't teach to save their lives and fail everyone in their ISAs.

your interest in science is only limited to human biology?

meh.

:p:
Reply 7172
.r.
Hey. I need to know if applying to a 5th option (e.g. biomed) as a backup alongside four medicine applications would risk me getting in for medicine. I've read somewhere that it does and somewhere else that it doesnt...anyone know for sure?

wrong thread mate! I don't know what made you post in this one as it clearly says: THE BIG MEDICINE UKCAT 2010 DISCUSSION AND RESULTS THREAD. hmmm.

In relation to your question, no it will not affect your application at all. The maximum number of choices on your UCAS application for medicine is four and therefore the fifth option is usually a back-up course such as biomedicine. Hope it helps.
G550NDH
Listen .. you have your score right ... so it would be like
VR : 600
QR : 600
AR : 600
DA : 600

So add them up divide by 4 and you get 600

******* easy to figure out

NO i mean i have the scores out of 45, 36 etc depending on each section. not out of 900
bertstare
NO i mean i have the scores out of 45, 36 etc depending on each section. not out of 900

Oh ok my bad i thought they give it to you in the proper format ..

Well supposedly if you get around 2/3 right then thats around 700
Reply 7175
Aiboz
wrong thread mate! I don't know what made you post in this one as it clearly says: THE BIG MEDICINE UKCAT 2010 DISCUSSION AND RESULTS THREAD. hmmm.

In relation to your question, no it will not affect your application at all. The maximum number of choices on your UCAS application for medicine is four and therefore the fifth option is usually a back-up course such as biomedicine. Hope it helps.

lol thanks! i know its the wrong thread but couldnt be bothered findin the other one. everyone on this thread would be on the other medicine thread anyway :p: are you like 100% sure though?? if yu have a backup they wouldnt think 'oh shes not dedicated enough - dont want her'?
doctormoley
sweeet! :biggrin: so were you happy/disappointed with it? :p:

If I'm honest I wasn't too pleased with my score lol
Though the non-cognitive bit was ok, apparantly it's good to be detatched from emotional events...
G550NDH
Oh ok my bad i thought they give it to you in the proper format ..

Well supposedly if you get around 2/3 right then thats around 700

thx, can anyone confirm?
spacepirate-James
your interest in science is only limited to human biology?

meh.

:p:

:yep: Why would counting the number of different plant species in a given quadrant interest me? Well I do like Chemistry :smile:

If you've done your ukcat I'd be happy if you could answer me this question : Am I allowed to take tissues to wipe off the whiteboard?? Anyone??
bertstare
thx, can anyone confirm?

Nobody knows exactly how they score it. I dont think people will be able to confidently confirm.

Latest

Trending

Trending