The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adam_zed
What do you mean you "dont believe in the EU Human Rights charter," its not a fictional character or land, its legislation?

Human rights are the legislative manifestations of the liberties everyone should have. You cant declare to be an advocate of freedom whilst imposing your own standards of restriction on a human who you think is "less deserving". Explain how the charter protects "vile" criminals?

If you are going to take part in a discussion like this, please refrain from being motivated by emotion and irrationality.

It is you who is becoming emotional, I merely stated that I dont not 'believe in them' as I don't not believe they are relevent or should exist. I never stated that they do not actually exist in the current context. You Clearly cannot read.

And you are nothing but a far left wing, uber liberal psycho.
Reply 21
Original post by Indigenous Scoti
It is you who is becoming emotional, I merely stated that I dont not 'believe in them' as I don't not believe they are relevent or should exist. I never stated that they do not actually exist in the current context. You Clearly cannot read.

And you are nothing but a far left wing, uber liberal psycho.

Ad Hominem after Ad Hominem. I assure you my reading skills are quite in line with someone of my age. You claimed at you "didnt believe in them". If you dont agree with something, you disagree with it, not "dont believe in it" implying that it doesnt exist.

Talking of emotion, lets see out of both of our posts, who referred to "vile criminals" in order to back up an otherwise baseless point? Who negged whose post? oh dear son.

far left? liberal? psycho? lol:wut

Please highlight specifically what in my last post made you think that I was any of these things? Obviously someone knows **** all about politics, as apparently, not badmouthing something because it is has anything to do with the EU makes me far left?

You are a silly man, who obviously is trying to hide the gaping holes in your original point by trying to falsely link me to a certain set of beliefs or being mentally unstable. The fact that I presented you with reason and you presented me with a load of nothingness shows how out of your depth you are in this thread
(edited 13 years ago)
Ad Hominem after Ad Hominem. I assure you my reading skills are quite in line with someone of my age. You claimed at you "didnt believe in them". If you dont agree with something, you disagree with it, not "dont believe in it" implying that it doesnt exist.

Talking of emotion, lets see out of both of our posts, who referred to "vile criminals" in order to back up an otherwise baseless point? Who negged whose post? oh dear son.

far left? liberal? psycho? lol:wut

Please highlight specifically what in my last post made you think that I was any of these things? Obviously someone knows **** all about politics, as apparently, not badmouthing something because it is has anything to do with the EU makes me far left?

You are a silly man, who obviously is trying to hide the gaping holes in your original point by trying to falsely link me to a certain set of beliefs or being mentally unstable. The fact that I presented you with reason and you presented me with a load of nothingness shows how out of your depth you are in this thread

There was nothing wrong with my original post, you are just arrogant and overly pedantic. This is a forum not a university assignment.
Original post by rajandkwameali
Your argument is circular.

I ask again- when did I presume human rights were innate?
Original post by LauraRawra
animal rights are just as important as human rights

lol
Simply put, who are you to infringe on my freedom and ability to survive?
Reply 26
There was nothing wrong with my original post, you are just arrogant and overly pedantic. This is a forum not a university assignment.

Precisely, you cant respond to the point in hand so you instead revert to pettiness.
Precisely, you cant respond to the point in hand so you instead revert to pettiness.

And your pretentious
Reply 28
And your pretentious

lol says the lad who spouts terms that he clearly cant define.
Reply 29
Original post by Magic_007
Don't worry about this. It's a daily mail thing to always complaing about the EU Human right's charter.

Oh, do you know why they do it? :s-smilie:

And your pretentious

lol says the lad who uses terms that he clearly doesnt understand.
i don't like human rights because they interfere with our law
Reply 31
Does the term "human rights" not justify itself? Rights for every human, surely that is justification enough.

Spoiler

Rights are derived from how people interact with each other in a social context - most of the rights in the ECHR are not really in line with the original meaning of rights, although a few are (right to free speech etc.)
Reply 33
Original post by Louise_x
Does the term "human rights" not justify itself? Rights for every human, surely that is justification enough.

Spoiler

Like you said, all well and good in theory, the trouble comes when trying to decide what rights should be human rights.
Original post by Louise_x

Spoiler

You mean like the congolese rapist, who claimed asylum in this country. and then raped a British women and could not be deported because he was getting married. And Under the EU Human Rights convention, he is entitled to a married life ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8595062.stm

This is just one of the many horror stories that have propped up since the EU Human Rights charter was put to rag.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by sav
Like you said, all well and good in theory, the trouble comes when trying to decide what rights should be human rights.

I think the IDHC is a pretty fair list.

Latest

Trending

Trending