The Student Room Group

Edexcel B2 Higher

I've just done my additional biology paper today.It wasn't hard but I get nervous not knowing what i will get does anyone know how much i would need to ge out of thirty to get an A*?
P.s wha did everyone right on Q3 the photosythesis question

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
around 21/30 for an A*
Reply 2
What was the question? I forgot lol.
It was reasonably easy, I should have revised more.

Questions about Fermentation/Meiosis...cant remember the rest.
Reply 4
Yeah it wasn't bad. But like you, I should have revised more, I made up the bases for that double helix question, atenin and cytosine and what not. xD
Reply 5
Original post by ma3arf
Yeah it wasn't bad. But like you, I should have revised more, I made up the bases for that double helix question, atenin and cytosine and what not. xD

Really! I think I wrote something about nucleitides...
Reply 6
Original post by Sunday=

Original post by Sunday=
Really! I think I wrote something about nucleitides...

I'm getting worried now lol. It asked about how the double helix is held together, so I just said by the paired bases and the sugar and phosphates on the side. Don't quote me on this though. =))
Reply 7
I put phosphates and sugars.....
Reply 8
i put pairs of bases - anedine - thymine and cytosine - guanine ?
Reply 9
Original post by Ronnieee
i put pairs of bases - anedine - thymine and cytosine - guanine ?

I think you are propbabily right but perhaps to get the second mark you had to mention something else besides the pairs.:confused:
Reply 10
i thought that they will give one mark for identifying each pair?
Reply 11
has anyone got the multiple choice one tomorrow? im kinda looking forward to it
Reply 12
Me too! Goodluck!:smile:
Reply 13
The questions was how do the DNA join, I think you get 1 mark mentioning A-T C-G pairs and 1 mark for mentioning the phosphates and sugars

The multiple choice tomorrow should be easy :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by EJPayne

Original post by EJPayne
The questions was how do the DNA join, I think you get 1 mark mentioning A-T C-G pairs and 1 mark for mentioning the phosphates and sugars

The multiple choice tomorrow should be easy :smile:

I knew that I just forgot the name of the pairs so I sorta made them up like atenine instead of adenine but they were quiet close though xD. And yes multiple choice today! Yay?
Reply 15
How easy was that B2 Multiple choice exam today!Did everybody find it so?
Reply 16
Original post by Sunday=

Original post by Sunday=
How easy was that B2 Multiple choice exam today!Did everybody find it so?

Yeah it was Ok. I'm really pissed at P2 because there's one question i knew i answered wrong, ughhhh its so annoying :angry: !
Reply 17
Original post by ma3arf
Yeah it was Ok. I'm really pissed at P2 because there's one question i knew i answered wrong, ughhhh its so annoying :angry: !

Don't worry. It's only one question. I've done much worse and I tell u I always get over it. It's usually Edexcel's nasty wording that trips me up.
Reply 18
Original post by Sunday=

Original post by Sunday=
Don't worry. It's only one question. I've done much worse and I tell u I always get over it. It's usually Edexcel's nasty wording that trips me up.

I know that's what everybody keeps telling me but the thing is I actually knew how to answer but I made one dumbass mistake, instead of dividing to get N to KG, I multiplied! This is kind of sad, its been hours and still :tongue:
Reply 19
I know the feeling!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending