The Student Room Group

Emma Watson : Bullied ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hatemylife
I read that she just moved because she wanted to change to a course that Brown didn't offer. Bit farfetched :p:rolleyes:

Smilie fail :cool:
"Last month she announced she was taking time out of study to focus on her film career." - What film career? She can't act clearly as we have seen from Harry Potter.
Reply 22
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
You can't bully a Burberry model, she will go all kung fu on their ass.

She'll bring the chavs out on you.
Reply 23
Original post by Tallon

She denies it and I beleive her. Who'd bully somebody at a university as good as Brown? And bully a beautiful, famous and talented actress at that? Sounds like more rubbish from the press.

Talented/Successful people are often a target for bullying driven by jealousy and envy - she would thus be a prime target. And bullying rears its ugly head in all corners of society.
I highly doubt she was bullied. It is very common for 3rd year college students (forgive me if she isn't one I must be remembering wrong) to take a year out or a year abroad. When I was in Paris after my A-levels there were two students who told me they had been there all year.

It's also pretty common for celebrities to be this way with their education. Can you blame her ? She has the money to be able to split her education up. She is also at the stage of her career where she would be foolish to turn down a decent acting job (The momentum from the Potter films wont last that long). Also the American credit system means she could take 3 or 4 years out and still get her degree. She's never going to need a degree for what she does. Degrees are accessories to people as rich as her.

Who would bully her ? Most people are more likely to want to try and be her friends. I mean she's rich and famous. She probably had more friends than she could count. The people that called the Gryfindor comment bullying need to spend a few days in some of East London's high schools.

Also I don't find her that attractive. Sorry but with hotties like Miranda Kerr about, looking for naked pictures of Emma would not be efficient use of my time.
Reply 25
What was a topic discussing a news article has turned into the Emma Watson Appreciation Thread.
Original post by tsr-member

Lol, I did notice afterwards, but couldn't be bothered to change it.
That's not bullying at all
Reply 28
You'll find that mental bullying is at its worst at Ivy league and other top US universities, where the privileged pigeon-hole anyone who is different in any way, be that fatter, thinner, more famous, richer, poorer. There's so many cliques it's unbelievable.
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
"Last month she announced she was taking time out of study to focus on her film career." - What film career? She can't act clearly as we have seen from Harry Potter.

She is doing a film. My Week with Marilyn :yes:

Ofcourse she can act, better than Daniel Radcliffe. :colonhash:
She isnt even hot.

6/10 at best.
Reply 31
I wish she'd grow her hair back!

But yeah I doubt it, even so it's not like she's by herself, alone and being picked on, lol.
Original post by tsr-member

Psch I prefer smiley, smilie looks too much like simile :tongue:
Sounds like banter more than bullying, but if it's annoying her instead of transferring she should have spoken to them head-on and asked them what their problem was. Probably jealousy, although I never bought the story she left because she was bullied, it was probably due to the workload she has with other commitments.
Reply 34
She announced on her website today that it's not true. Most of the articles that I read about this subject are quoting someone about the '10 points' incident, but nobody (not even an anonymous source) actually claimed that she was bullied - the press really seemed to have made that one up.

I don't think it's that abnormal for her to be taking a break; she's working on a film, the new HP is coming out soon and she works as a model. From what I heard about Brown, nobody could juggle all of that with their studies.
Reply 35
Original post by a_t
Why is this handsome young man wearing a dress?

Frankly, I see a child playing 'dress-up'.
Reply 36
why did she cut her hair??!?!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by CB91
She's got millions in the bank, is adored by the media and is hot. What do they have? :mmm:

Its an Ivy league college, she is certanly not the richest student in the uni.
Original post by GlibByNature
Psch I prefer smiley, smilie looks too much like simile :tongue:

I prefer "smiley" too! I only wrote it like that because I saw on TSR it's spelt "Smilies" :frown: why, oh why, do I conform so much?! From this day forward, I'm spelling it "smiley"!
She's worth tens of millions of pounds. She'll get over it.

Quick Reply

Latest