The Student Room Group

AQA B PSYB2 7th June 2011

How's it going? I've not started revising yet but I got 86/100 in my last exam so I need at least 74 this time round. Also, am I alone in having psy as my last exam? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Going sooo badly on the revision front, only just started stress and not even looked at abnormality or social influence and all that jazz... got one mark off an A last time so need to get a safe A in this one. Got a D in my mock though, so maybe i'll have to stick with a B. Loads of people have psychology as their last exam, I think its one of the last for AS
Reply 2
Original post by Placebo101

How's it going? I've not started revising yet but I got 86/100 in my last exam so I need at least 74 this time round. Also, am I alone in having psy as my last exam? :biggrin:

Original post by dynamitee
Going sooo badly on the revision front, only just started stress and not even looked at abnormality or social influence and all that jazz... got one mark off an A last time so need to get a safe A in this one. Got a D in my mock though, so maybe i'll have to stick with a B. Loads of people have psychology as their last exam, I think its one of the last for AS

I know! .. how did PSYB1 go? & no me to had 5 exams this week have physics monday & psychology tuesday whooop! :biggrin:
Hows your revision going? Social influence is an okay topic, you just need to go through everything esp the main studies & methodoligical & ethical issues!
& then memory & anxiety disorders are abit more detailed.. Main thing is eval' points & studies for each sub heading.. thought id share some notes with anyone on the thread.. :smile:

Anxiety disorders.ppt

Remembering & Forgetting.ppt

Reply 3
Im doing this aswell! However, its my first exam as im doing it as a resit.

Got 74 overall last time, but i wanna get 90+ to secure my A at A2 ! Does anyone have any good notes for social influence? Im struggling abit with the social essays€! :frown:

I got 86/100 in the PSYB1 aswell, so im only just on an A so it needs to go up a large amount! Haha
Reply 4
Original post by Sadii
I know! .. how did PSYB1 go? & no me to had 5 exams this week have physics monday & psychology tuesday whooop! :biggrin:
Hows your revision going? Social influence is an okay topic, you just need to go through everything esp the main studies & methodoligical & ethical issues!
& then memory & anxiety disorders are abit more detailed.. Main thing is eval' points & studies for each sub heading.. thought id share some notes with anyone on the thread.. :smile:

Anxiety disorders.ppt

Remembering & Forgetting.ppt

Woah, my teacher used the exact same powerpoint in class for phobias!
Reply 5

Woah, my teacher used the exact same powerpoint in class for phobias!

hahaa!.. these teachers are too cool! getting all the work online :wink:
Reply 6
im doing this! struggling with stress as im not a science-y person, but coming to terms quite well with abnormality and social influence :biggrin: not too nervous to be honest, i just want it to hurry up and be done with, hehe!
Reply 7
Original post by Jonerez

Original post by Jonerez
Im doing this aswell! However, its my first exam as im doing it as a resit.

Got 74 overall last time, but i wanna get 90+ to secure my A at A2 ! Does anyone have any good notes for social influence? Im struggling abit with the social essays€! :frown:

I got 86/100 in the PSYB1 aswell, so im only just on an A so it needs to go up a large amount! Haha

Haha.. I got a C in January :l I hope i get an A this time! I think the best thing for social influence is to do minmaps! .. and do practise essay on milgram/asch study - half the points are for evaluation! ..

I've attached some mindmaps for social influence- Hope they help :-]

Sadz S.I Social Facilitation.jpg

Sadz S.I Conformity.jpg

Sadz S.I obedience.jpg

Reply 8
Hi, I'm sitting this paper too and needed some help on the essays. I cant get the hang of them. They bought my grade down for psyb1 and for my mock of psyb2.
I'm doing social influence, anxiety disorders and remembering and forgetting.

Does anyone have any tips?

thanks in advance (:
Reply 9
Original post by sandy21

Original post by sandy21
Hi, I'm sitting this paper too and needed some help on the essays. I cant get the hang of them. They bought my grade down for psyb1 and for my mock of psyb2.

thanks in advance (:

honestly do them from the book.. and go on aqa website & check the marschemes for 10 markers... really helps x
Reply 10
anyone know the 10 mark question that came up on social influence in Jan 11 ?
Reply 11
nope..sorry, but i know that there was a 8 mark on resisting pressures to obey/conform... also, does anybody know the 12 mark for jan 11, as I have all the exam papers, but realised my teacher forgot to photocopy the pages that actually mattered :colondollar:
Thanks
Reply 12
Original post by sandy21

thanks in advance (:

I'm doing exactly the same - basically, all you need to do is condense the information, write out 10 markers in bullet points (that's what I did for psyb1) so when it comes to the essays you know exactly what you need to write.
Take a look at the past papers on the AQA website, and look at the essays in the "legacy" part as well (they basically repeat essays on the same topics so by looking at the mark schemes you'll know what points - especially the evaluation ones- will get you the marks).
I found that mind maps helped me the most especially with OCD/Phobias because they're so similar - also, this method allows you to visualise the Information and process it deeper (see what I'm getting at there? :tongue:)
Having a bit of trouble with the whole "distraction conflict/evaluation apprehension studies myself, but I'll get round to it...eventually... Lol
Reply 13
Original post by Sadii
honestly do them from the book.. and go on aqa website & check the marschemes for 10 markers... really helps x

I always thought the book was quite waffly and not specific enough, which book are you talking about?
Reply 14
Original post by MyselfEtAl

Original post by MyselfEtAl
I'm doing exactly the same - basically, all you need to do is condense the information, write out 10 markers in bullet points (that's what I did for psyb1) so when it comes to the essays you know exactly what you need to write.
Take a look at the past papers on the AQA website, and look at the essays in the "legacy" part as well (they basically repeat essays on the same topics so by looking at the mark schemes you'll know what points - especially the evaluation ones- will get you the marks).
I found that mind maps helped me the most especially with OCD/Phobias because they're so similar - also, this method allows you to visualise the Information and process it deeper (see what I'm getting at there? :tongue:)
Having a bit of trouble with the whole "distraction conflict/evaluation apprehension studies myself, but I'll get round to it...eventually... Lol

ohhh okay :biggrin: thanks for that!
Reply 15
Original post by Sadii

Original post by Sadii

The studies for social facilitation are really straightforward:

Zajonc (cockroaches) for distraction conflict and arousal theory
Michaels (pool players) for evaluation apprehension/arousal theory
Henchy & Glass (typists) for evaluation apprehension
Reply 17
Original post by Arcane Barn Elk
The studies for social facilitation are really straightforward:

Zajonc (cockroaches) for distraction conflict and arousal theory
Michaels (pool players) for evaluation apprehension/arousal theory
Henchy & Glass (typists) for evaluation apprehension

I don't get how Zajonc's one is distraction-conflict and arousal theory? :s-smilie:
I'm not as confident about this one as I was about the first paper. Just gonna keep revising like crazy and hope for the best I think. xD
Reply 19
does anyone know what the questions for jan 11 were? im trying to analyse the papers and see what may come up.

thanks in advance (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending