The Student Room Group

London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine

Hey all,

I'm looking at doing a Masters at the above next year - anyone give me their experience of it? Where is best to live?
Original post by BlueRoses
Hey all,

I'm looking at doing a Masters at the above next year - anyone give me their experience of it? Where is best to live?

This is sooooo off-topic and might be deemed inappropriate, but is your name Clair? :hmmm:
Reply 2
Hey all,

Not studied there (well I went to the library a few times :rolleyes:) but I know it's very popular with international students...central location, really decent ethos, good reputation...seems like a great place tbh. Also has comparatively low fees for its MScs...

Probably best to live in Camden :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by thegodofgod
This is sooooo off-topic and might be deemed inappropriate, but is your name Clair? :hmmm:

Haha, this weirded me out so much at first then I remembered my sig.
Reply 4
Original post by Democracy
Not studied there (well I went to the library a few times :rolleyes:) but I know it's very popular with international students...central location, really decent ethos, good reputation...seems like a great place tbh. Also has comparatively low fees for its MScs...

Probably best to live in Camden :smile:

Oo, why Camden? What sort of rent are we talking? I'm currently studying up North and the idea of paying over £70 a week is very distressing! (Don't worry I know it'll be much more :tongue: )

Yeah everything I've heard about LSHTM sounds great, I really hope I get on to the one I want!
Do they have an undergrad medicine course? :smile:

I have never seen a uni with 'hygiene' in it's name :teehee:
Hey all,

It is a very strong reputation amongst all the UCL medics, bio and life scientists here... I'd imagine the bloomsbury area would be too extortionate in terms of rent of living further out (quite a way out, around 30+ mins walking) in places like Camden, Hampstead etc. will make things cheaper. However, you can even live in suburban London, as far as places like Harrow, Edgware etc. and commute in via the tube in just 30 minutes. Not sure if rent will be cheaper, but you'll be far more likely to get larger rooms/homes in a more quiet and residential part of greater london as opposed to one so close to the centre.
Reply 7
Original post by AspiringGenius
Do they have an undergrad medicine course? :smile:

I have never seen a uni with 'hygiene' in it's name :teehee:

No they don't have a medical undergrad course; I'm hoping to intercalate there though.
No they don't have a medical undergrad course; I'm hoping to intercalate there though.

Awww :frown: a medical school that has no medicine course. That sucks and blows :frown:

Wait! They were on university challenge!!! I remember now, one of the guys with insanely thick glasses was also on BBC's pointless :smile:
Reply 9
Oo, why Camden? What sort of rent are we talking? I'm currently studying up North and the idea of paying over £70 a week is very distressing! (Don't worry I know it'll be much more :tongue: )

Yeah everything I've heard about LSHTM sounds great, I really hope I get on to the one I want!

Because LSHTM is in the Borough of Camden :p:

Anyway Camden is awesome, find yourself a nice houseshare/studio there...but you will find nowhere in London for £70pw rent, not even a garage :p: You do get a bigger maintenance loan if you study in London though.
Reply 10
I went there for work experience and its a lovely place.
Euston Square was the nearest station for me, so maybe something in that area: Russell Square/ Euston Square...
I need help on this too. Trying to decide between going to this place and another for a similar masters. Anyone got ideas on weekly schedule, teaching hours, what its like to live in london as im not from london. i just kno its expensive... just a simple midlands girl and im scared of london. LOL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending