The Student Room Group

what's wrong with lana del rey?

Scroll to see replies

I love her :frown:
Reply 41
Original post by ironandwine
I love her :frown:

and me, just hoping america don't take over the internet before the 30th of jan so i can download her album
Reply 42
Original post by isitinyet?
and me, just hoping america don't take over the internet before the 30th of jan so i can download her album

You love her so don't want to pay for her music?
Thought her performance on the jonathon ross show was dire tbh, so whilst I haven't seen her performance on the american show I'm not surprised. The version on the radio sounds good though.
Reply 44
Original post by Trigger
You love her so don't want to pay for her music?

no, i'm not going to pay for something that's ridiculously overpriced when i can get it for free. Also, i'm not going to check through my posts but i don't know if i said i love her... I've heard one song and it was good. If the album is amazing i may well buy it, if not then i doubt i will. :smile:

edit: damn, guess i did say i love her.. still not paying for it.
Reply 45
no, i'm not going to pay for something that's ridiculously overpriced when i can get it for free. Also, i'm not going to check through my posts but i don't know if i said i love her... I've heard one song and it was good. If the album is amazing i may well buy it, if not then i doubt i will. :smile:

edit: damn, guess i did say i love her.. still not paying for it.

Then you sir, are a moron.
Reply 46
Original post by Trigger

obviously. By downloading music for free that i otherwise wouldn't have bought, i would never have heard of half the bands that i've paid to see live so would have actually contributed less to the music industry.
It's normally a good song, but if I am honest, I'd have to say that she has effectively ruined her own song with that particular, weak performance. Needs to perhaps show a tad more charisma!
Reply 48
obviously. By downloading music for free that i otherwise wouldn't have bought, i would never have heard of half the bands that i've paid to see live so would have actually contributed less to the music industry.

Gig tickets doesn't make up for it. I don't mind the odd DL here and there but to DL an album from a new artist for free isn't exactly helping them create more good music? DL is effectively damaging the music an film industry by making producers too wary of investing in things that are a bit out there and different and favouring sure hits.

A true music lover wouldn't consistently DL new music with no intention of buying the product after.
Original post by Trigger

And you seem to conduct yourself in an incredibly rude manner from what I have seen in the past. Please don't just call the guy a moron, If you have a valid opinion (Which you obv do) then please just put it the **** forward and get over yourself.
Reply 50
Original post by mclovin123
And you seem to conduct yourself in an incredibly rude manner from what I have seen in the past. Please don't just call the guy a moron, If you have a valid opinion (Which you obv do) then please just put it the **** forward and get over yourself.

Lol wut? So to tell me to stop being rude you are in turn being rude :wtf: I do not need to get over myself thanks :smile:
Original post by Trigger
Gig tickets doesn't make up for it. I don't mind the odd DL here and there but to DL an album from a new artist for free isn't exactly helping them create more good music? DL is effectively damaging the music an film industry by making producers too wary of investing in things that are a bit out there and different and favouring sure hits.

A true music lover wouldn't consistently DL new music with no intention of buying the product after.

You are conclusively stating that if someone downloads music they don't love music? You appear to be the "moron" in this situation. I mean come the **** on, I ADORE music but "DL" music a fair amount. Music is an art from in an elementary state which is naturally attractive to human beings, an example could be the fact that I really dislike some music artists becuase of who they are but love some of their music. One does not always associate all elements of everything.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 52
Original post by Trigger

i've never proclaimed myself to be a true music lover.
Original post by Trigger
Lol wut? So to tell me to stop being rude you are in turn being rude :wtf: I do not need to get over myself thanks :smile:

Ahh see what you are failing to grasp is that whilst yes I did in fact act in a rude manner, I did so becuase in my opinion I had a god damn reason, Not only did you just insult the dude but you have actually been a complete bitch to me in the past for no reason..................:wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 54
You are conclusively stating that if someone downloads music they don't love music? You appear to be the "moron" in this situation. I mean come the **** on, I ADORE music but "DL" music a fair amount. Music is an art from in an elementary state which is naturally attractive to human beings, an example could be the fact that I really dislike some music artist becuase if who they are but love some of their music. One does not always associate all elements of everything.

No i didn't say music lovers dont DL music :rolleyes: I said a true music lover wouldn't keep DL new music with no intention of buying it. It's selfish and impacts the industry for everyone else. If you want to DL new albums as a try before you buy then thats great but if you want to support a new artist, give them the money and a tick against their name for a sale :dontknow: How else will the record company know they are worth the effort.

No idea what the hell the rest of your post is about.
Reply 55
Ahh see what you are failing to grasp is that whilst yes I did in fact act in a rude manner, I did so becuase in my opinion I had a god damn reason, Not only did you just insult the dude but you have actually been a complete bitch to me in the past for no reason..................:wink:

So now you are calling me a bitch? I find that word highly offensive and have no idea who you are.

What a nasty person you are :sad:
Reply 56
i've never proclaimed myself to be a true music lover.

Well then, as you were. Just don't start moaning when all you hear is the same **** on Radio 1 day in and out.
Original post by Trigger
So now you are calling me a bitch? I find that word highly offensive and have no idea who you are.

What a nasty person you are :sad:

You are a nasty person actually. Regardless of whether I know you or not you have been insulting to me in the past and I had an opportunity to call you out, so I did.
Reply 58
her voice , for a start.
Reply 59
Original post by Trigger
Well then, as you were. Just don't start moaning when all you hear is the same **** on Radio 1 day in and out.

i don't listen to radio 1? You call me a moron, yet you seem incapable of developing a valid argument against me without making several false assumptions, which then leads you to an entirely different argument.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest