The Student Room Group

TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities - Fifth Session

:woo: TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities :woo:

Session Five - 19th March 2024
Welcome to the fifth session of TSR Study Together STEM vs Humanities! This is a social and supportive place to study alongside other students and keep yourself motivated :yep:

You can find more info on how it works here and it’s open to everyone! :dance:

Today, I'd love to know what music you've been listening to lately ! And don't forget to join in with TSR's latest competition - The Ultimate Study Playlist! :biggrin:

As always, say hi, share what you’re aiming to achieve for this evening’s study session and give your fellow students some support!

Good luck all! :badger:

TSR Study Together Group

(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

hey everyone I am Emmanuella and I am Team Humanities!! :heart: I am going to crack on with some Sociology revision (beliefs in society) and then if i have time do some psychology research methods for inferential testing as i have a mini test tomorrow :biggrin:!

also i have a question for the session: do you guys have a favourite study youtuber/tiktoker? :smile:
Plan:
Inorganic Chemistry (ligands)
Finish off CV and Cover Letter
Physical Chemistry (colloidal systems)
Reply 3
Hey everyone! Trying to finish off my computer science NEA tonight
Hiya Everyone! STEM here. I'm still figuring out what to do and I'll give an update in a few mins. All the best to you guys! <3 Good luck with your study sesh.
Heya guys! Here's my plan for this session:

10 mins aggression revision

10 mins Tudors chapter 18 revision

10 mins Gatsby chapter 5 revision

Update issues and debates flashcards

Plan Tudors rebellions essay

Make Gatsby flashcards

Study tips I will be using this session:

Using the pomodoro technique - 25 mins on, 5 mins off - I've been using this recently and it's SO helpful to get me to focus!

Reading some of my book in my study breaks rather than going on my phone

Hope you all have a productive session!
Kay :party:
Original post by kayleigh_t.27

Make Gatsby flashcards

Using the pomodoro technique - 25 mins on, 5 mins off - I've been using this recently and it's SO helpful to get me to focus!

slayyy kayleigh!! i might actually try the pomodoro technique as it is scientifically proven :smile:
Original post by emm4nuella
slayyy kayleigh!! i might actually try the pomodoro technique as it is scientifically proven :smile:
Yesss let's be cheeky pomodoro technique gals together haha
Sining in :popout: sorry I'm a bit late :sleep:
I'll be doing some work on my dissertation during this session. I've got some ANOVA's to go :eek4:
(edited 1 month ago)
Hey, I'm Ava, studying transformations for geometry today :smile:
Hey everyone!! Team STEM. Gonna be doing some revision on my geography case studies (Birmingham and Rio)
Original post by Pwca

Welcome to the fifth session of TSR Study Together STEM vs Humanities! This is a social and supportive place to study alongside other students and keep yourself motivated :yep:
Today, I'd love to know what music you've been listening to lately ! And don't forget to join in with TSR's latest competition - The Ultimate Study Playlist! :biggrin:
As always, say hi, share what you’re aiming to achieve for this evening’s study session and give your fellow students some support!

TSR Study Together Group

lately i've been listening to k-pop, BlackPink, New Jeans, and Baby Monsters
Okay, after careful listing and planning on what to do as well as preparing some study snacks and coffee, I know what I shall do rn.
I will spend 30 minutes reviewing a Chemistry topic (Transition Metals - in particular Ligand Substitutions and Qualitative Analysis) and spend 15 minutes finishing off exam questions. From there, I shall review some Biology content (Cloning and Biotechnology) and Maths (Statistical Methods) in preparation for tomorrow. Lastly, I have a practical to do tomorrow, so I will probably watch a video in preparation. Well that's it!
Original post by Pwca

TSR Study Together Group

Well for music to study, I stick to lofi/hip-hop or deep chill. However, I usually listen to Mazzy Star, Lana Del Rey, The Neighbourhood or Gregory Alan Isakov. Or just anything I can find.
You're all so organised and disciplined, it's amazing :redface: @Student4355 I think you said you had a psychology test last week? How did it go?

Make Gatsby flashcards

I read this as like 'aggression revision' being some kind of technique or something :biggrin:
Hi everybody! I think I’m gonna just read as I’ve had a long day. Hope you’ve all had nice Tuesdays. Wishing you all the best for your session..

I study YouTuber I’d recommend, would be not just someone . Marius is really great and he uses the Pomerado technique, but he also allows for time to chat in between sessions which really helps tackle the loneliness of revising. Catch up with you guys soon.
Hi, I'm going to try and do 30 mins online lessons for biology. Maybe some fm mod-arg questions too if i feel any better.
Original post by Pwca
I read this as like 'aggression revision' being some kind of technique or something :biggrin:
LMAO I love that so much haha

Make Gatsby flashcards

Hey guys! First pomodoro over, I've updated my issues and debates flashcards and just started planning my rebellions essay. Off for a 5 min reading break now, then back to work!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending