The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3080
Original post by Zee Zee
:hugs: Have you tried joining societies (if you are at uni) or maybe getting in touch with old friends? Have you explained to your parents that going out doesn not equal getting drunk?

Hope you get some work done.

:jumphug: I never really had friends in the past either. I did have a close friend until recently that I often talked to, but one day she just told me to never talk to her again. I don't know how I upset her. We never went out together anywhere. She does have a boyfriend though :frown:.

I am allowed out now. I wasn't in the past, because they worried far too much about me. As a result, despite being 17 years and almost 4 months old, I've never been out anywhere with a friend, never had a friend come to my house, never been to a friends house, never been to a party, never had a girlfriend and never kissed a girl. I also have a lot of problems with confidence. I was bullied a lot in the past, partly because of this.
(Btw that "getting drunk" comment wasn't true :colondollar:. Was pissed off when I wrote it :tongue:)

I really must work hard. I want to get into university, because I really want to get away from my parents.
Reply 3081
Original post by Shippy
I was in a similar position, my mum has had health problems of her own after recovering from an emergency caesarean and a new baby to look after and she worries about me enough as i've only been living on my own for a few months, and i didn't want to add to it. But I feel much better knowing she knows how I really feel... So maybe if you try talking to your mum how you're feeling you might feel like there's a weight of your chest and she might even feel better about things now that she has a better idea of what you're going through! :smile:
And I'm not on anything at the moment, I'm seeing a GP next week to discuss what to do next :smile:

Glad you're seeing the GP. If they do give you sleeping pills, it might be a good idea not to take them every night because you can get dependent on them. They can also stop working so well if you take them a lot, so then you get no sleep plus an extra load of groggy in the morning - fun times!

Just feel guilty that mum's coming a few hundred miles to see me, taking time off work and she's got a really busy time at the moment. :frown:
I am being very far fetched here: but can miracles from God happen?
Original post by Superstar6318
I am being very far fetched here: but can miracles from God happen?

Depends if you believe in god, if you do then sure why couldn't they happen? If you don't, well then no, they can't.
How many different anti depressants do you need to be put on to be untreatable?

Oh a lot of my posts in here have been deleted because of suicide references; I'm sorry if I triggered anybody, that wasn't my intention.
Okay, just had an email from my school that I can submit further evidence if I can prove that a major depressive episode isn't the same as day-to-day low mood which is what they make allowances for.

I'm writing a letter to my doctor and I have no idea of what to even say. Does anyone understand what I'm trying to explain? I can't do it without creating word soup.
Original post by sabertooth
depends if you believe in god, if you do then sure why couldn't they happen? If you don't, well then no, they can't.

i need a big big miracle
Original post by 35mm_
How many different anti depressants do you need to be put on to be untreatable?

Oh a lot of my posts in here have been deleted because of suicide references; I'm sorry if I triggered anybody, that wasn't my intention.

I've taken 9 before they decided I had a personality disorder which is why it didn't react to antidepressants. So "untreatable" maybe.

Oh my post disappeared, fantastic, thank you for that mods, I do hope you kept it in a bank somewhere so you can bring it out once it happens. Ta x
Original post by Superstar6318
i need a big big miracle

Better start praying.

I tend to find God doesn't tend to answer prayers though, so maybe you need to step back, take an objective look at the situation and work out what positive steps you can take to overcome it yourself. If anything, God would probably appreciate you trying.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I had one using half spoon sugar yesterday, never, ever again.
Good luck!

Thanks! Question 1, part 1 is complete. I make that about 1/24th of the way through the problem sheet. :awesome: :tongue:
Have been reading very slowly over notes for the next part and it's actually making sense. Stopped for dinner, think I can answer the next part alright now.
Feeling a bit sorry for the counsellor tomorrow, I don't see anyway that he's going to escape without catching a cold. :colone:
Reply 3090
Hallo everyone :biggrin:

I am really struggling to do everything, and have completely lost all motivation. I've fallen behind already and things will only get worse. I can't do my homework, I am late for school every day, I zone out in lessons etc.

I have told my teacher/head of year once before (that I was depressed), but they didn't do much (not much they could have done, to be fair).

I don't want all of my subject teachers (I'm at college) finding out (about me being depressed, or that I am struggling with school work as a result of being depressed. They all think I'm lazy and have a bad attitude, I don't want to make my image worse), but I don't know how else they can help me without telling them what's happening?

I know I should just go and ask, and that it doesn't hurt to try, but I have already told them and frankly it was horrible- it took me 15 minutes to even say anything, and it only resulted in a couple of brief (but uncomfortable) meetings in corridors.
Reply 3091
Original post by Sabertooth
Oh my post disappeared, fantastic, thank you for that mods, I do hope you kept it in a bank somewhere so you can bring it out once it happens. Ta x

Call someone please... it's just your head playing tricks, I promise :hugs: Where are you in the country ATM btw?
Original post by Sabertooth
Without citalopram, if I cry enough I get really, really bad headaches.

See, normally I'd get headaches if I cried a fair amount, but these are different. It happens if I only cry a little bit, and it's a really stuffy headache, like my head's full of wool or something. It's only been a couple of times maybe, not really an issue just yet.
Thanks! Question 1, part 1 is complete. I make that about 1/24th of the way through the problem sheet. :awesome: :tongue:
Have been reading very slowly over notes for the next part and it's actually making sense. Stopped for dinner, think I can answer the next part alright now.
Feeling a bit sorry for the counsellor tomorrow, I don't see anyway that he's going to escape without catching a cold. :colone:

Glad it's making sense! Hopefully the rest of the questions will follow suit.
Aha, hope it goes well for you (and him! :tongue:)

Spoiler

In other news, it's my birthday in 18 days. I'm actually quite glad I'm not bothered about it. Far too much hassle over something insignificant imo. Unless it was possible to climb back into my mum's uterus for a while, that'd be great.
Reply 3094
Did anyone else grow up hoping to get older, not really enjoying their childhood in the hope that when they got 18-20 (what I saw as old at the time) the older, maturer version of them would be able to solve all the problems? Well it can't :tongue:
Original post by Idle
Did anyone else grow up hoping to get older, not really enjoying their childhood in the hope that when they got 18-20 (what I saw as old at the time) the older, maturer version of them would be able to solve all the problems? Well it can't :tongue:

Well there's my plan shattered. :ashamed2:
Original post by Idle

Yeah, I'm 23 and this has yet to happen. :sigh: It doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon either.
Original post by SeaJay
Hey :hugs:

I know it sounds a bit drastic, but could you change your GP practice? Mine lets me ring up to book appointments whenever I want.......

Hope you get an appointment soon

x

(Edit: Oh, and I got up at 1pm today. :dance: You're totally beating me on that one :tongue:)

I was actually up at half 12 this afternoon :colondollar: Not really, this one is so convenient for me as it's literally at the other end of my road and is a 3 minute walk away, whereas the other one is 25 minutes walk and it's far too easy to go 'Oh, it's raining I won't go'. Next year when I'm back in halls (hopefully) I'll re-register with that one though.
Glad it's making sense! Hopefully the rest of the questions will follow suit.
Aha, hope it goes well for you (and him! :tongue:)

Spoiler

In other news, it's my birthday in 18 days. I'm actually quite glad I'm not bothered about it. Far too much hassle over something insignificant imo. Unless it was possible to climb back into my mum's uterus for a while, that'd be great.

Thanks, have got a little bit distracted, oops! :colondollar:
Will get some more done!

Spoiler

Know the feeling, have ignored quite a few birthdays.
That's the 10th right? (If it's not then ignore this and I will :facepalm: for studying maths when I can't count. :tongue:)
Then I have some unbelievably freaky news!

Spoiler

Reply 3099
Original post by Idle

Yep. I'm 20 in 26 days and I'm still a scared 15 year old in my head.

Fantastic.

I think the doctors here think that a) I don't have bipolar, I have a personality disorder or b) that I'm not 'ill' at all, and it's just my past causing problems.

Either way, I'm getting counselling next week, with no med changes, even though my meds are doing **** all to help me.
Despite that, I'm pretty sure I'll be going into hospital tomorrow.

I've been lying in bed since 3pm listening to my old childhood tapes about myths and legends. Catharsis ftw.

Trouble is, I still feel like ****.

Spoiler

Edit: btw, I just remembered that post you made here about too many people talking about stuff like this, so sorry, and don't feel you need to respond or anything. It just helps a bit to get it out of my head and onto a screen.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest