The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 35mm_
Got an interview for a college. Post just came. Screamed a little too loud :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Well done :smile: What course is it for?
Original post by thatsthebadger93
Well done :smile: What course is it for?

BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care :smile:
Original post by 35mm_
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care :smile:

Nice, I debated doing that for a bit, so obviously it's a good choice :tongue: Hope the interview goes well :smile:
Original post by thatsthebadger93
Nice, I debated doing that for a bit, so obviously it's a good choice :tongue: Hope the interview goes well :smile:

Letter says I need a reference and since I've been out of work and education for two years I can't get one :frown: Elated mood just got deflated.
Original post by 35mm_
Letter says I need a reference and since I've been out of work and education for two years I can't get one :frown: Elated mood just got deflated.
What about a character reference from a professional who knows you well. I got one from the floating support for example (slightly different course but still social care related) and when I started my access course I got one from an employer from three years previous.

Good luck btw :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by 35mm_

Is there a number you can ring to ask what would count as a reference? When my sister applied to uni she'd been out of school 3 years but they still accepted a letter from her old teachers so maybe they'd be ok with something like that?
Reply 4926
Random room inspection this morning as I was lying in bed. Naturally I pretended to be asleep but my arm was out of the covers and it was too late to move it.

One of the people said to the other one "looks like a self-harmer."

:frown:
Urgh, spoke too soon, feeling ****ty again. Going to go to town in a bit, buy some cold remedies and comfort food for dinner!
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Urgh, spoke too soon, feeling ****ty again. Going to go to town in a bit, buy some cold remedies and comfort food for dinner!

What's up? Why're you feeling ****ty? :hugs:
Original post by 35mm_
What's up? Why're you feeling ****ty? :hugs:

I've spent the morning sitting in bed watching anime smoking cigarettes and hating myself :sad: I feel like I'm wasting my life. Now trying to plan my trip to town around the tricky subject of moving my lazy lazy arse. :sigh:
Having to skip yoga to finish this essay :frown:

Haven't showered in three days and I feel disgusting. I think my mood is finally crashing :frown:
Original post by SciFiBoy

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by SeaJay
:five: for being pill buddies :biggrin:

hehehe

Right. So yesterday I felt ok. Had 3 meals (very unusual for me :colondollar:) Chatted to my housemates, did loads of washing up and went food shopping. There's the part of my mind that says this isn't a big deal, but it felt like such a big deal. I need to be 'normal' again. Need to be able to get on with my life. Still not sleeping, things still don't feel real, but I have to keep going. The sun is shining. I see people out having fun and feel so detached from it, like they are in a completely different world to me. I want to get back to that so much, stop feeling anxious about 'tiny' things and be the me I was again.

Spoiler

Sorry for using this thread as sort of a mood diary. Love to everyone and hope y'all are ok.

No problem, you can use this thread for whatever you want :h:
Bought far too much :colondollar: Got myself a black nail art pen - hoping I can use that as a distraction tool, making pretty patterns!
got myself a proper McDiagnosis today, the woman basically threatened me with a substance abuse disorder "if i continue to use" LOLWUT? don't worry love you'll never hear about any drug use from me again!

honestly.
I'm sick of mods deleting my posts. There was nothing wrong with what I just posted and I seriously needed some help. I didn't explicitly talk about suicide/self harm or anything like that; it was about paranoia and delusions.
Original post by Anonymous
I highly doubt he will think that at all and you are certainly not lazy! :console:

I don't know sometimes I wonder if it wasn't my laziness that started all this off in the first place.

How are you feeling? Did you get to see the nuture lady today? :hugs:

Original post by 35mm_
I'm sick of mods deleting my posts. There was nothing wrong with what I just posted and I seriously needed some help. I didn't explicitly talk about suicide/self harm or anything like that; it was about paranoia and delusions.

:console: Are you ok?
(edited 12 years ago)
Really struggling with my psychosis. I'm struggling with people reading my thoughts, hidden cameras/microphones, the Invisibles (threatening presences around me) and a derogatory female voice who is horrible to me and tells me to harm myself/others. It's hard to believe it's psychosis because it all feels so real.
Original post by Webberino

:console: Are you ok?

Not really. They are after me again. They've hidden cameras all around my house.
Original post by 35mm_
Not really. They are after me again. They've hidden cameras all around my house.

:console: Is there anyone that can come and be with to help you feel a bit safer?
Original post by Webberino
:console: Is there anyone that can come and be with to help you feel a bit safer?

No, there is nobody. I can see them again too. **** im so scared

Latest