The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QofQuimica
x

Alcohol won't help :hugs: What's made you feel like this?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Just had to ask for another coursework extension. The shame.

Don't feel bad about it, if you need it and know it'll help you finish things off then that's all that matters :hugs:
Bipolar
:biggrin::

Get it? :ninja:
Original post by FuzzySheep
Don't feel bad about it, if you need it and know it'll help you finish things off then that's all that matters :hugs:

I had to ask for one earlier in the day too. Now I have two extensions granted (one until tomorrow and the other for Thursday... I get them too easily) and I feel awful for even needing them in the first place.

*grumbles*

Original post by Noodlzzz
Bipolar

*snorts* That's amazing!
Made an appointment to see a doctor for next Thursday, so can spend a week and a half working out what to say. Now to just motivate myself to either attempt the mountain of work left to do before my exams or at the very least leave the house for some air.
It's weird how the smallest, most insignificant seeming memories from years and years ago can come back and make you feel like **** when you're down. Urgh.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Bipolar

Damn, I can't rep you again :frown: But that was amazing! :biggrin:
Reply 6467
Don't know why I expected anything good to happen in the appointment. My mood has suffered a huge crash. Just wish I would get the right treatment. Really need to also start writing things down for my appointment. Tomorrow I've got a meeting with a social worker too. :frown: :sad:
somebody come on skype pleaseeee. Freaking out.
Original post by FuzzySheep
It's weird how the smallest, most insignificant seeming memories from years and years ago can come back and make you feel like **** when you're down. Urgh.

You okay Hun? :console:

Original post by 35mm_
somebody come on skype pleaseeee. Freaking out.

PM me your Skype :hugs:
Original post by avhhs
Don't know why I expected anything good to happen in the appointment. My mood has suffered a huge crash. Just wish I would get the right treatment. Really need to also start writing things down for my appointment. Tomorrow I've got a meeting with a social worker too. :frown: :sad:

:hugs: What happened? I know how frustrating bad appointments can be, writing down things can be a good idea. Maybe you could bring up what you forgot to mention with your social worker (presuming you are seeing them for MH things). :hugs:
Original post by avhhs
Oh dear! Hope it doesn't take long :smile:.

I should have added that what happened was he came into my room looking for something, and I had the curtains closed and wanted to open them, despite me not wanting that.

:hugs:

The appointment is in an hour, and I still haven't written anything down. Really should.

:console:

Sorry for the delay, back in university now though :smile:

Sorry your appointment didn't go well though hun, what happened? But yer if you feel you aren't getting your point across and are missing stuff out it can help to go in with a list to give to them!

Hope you're alright though? :hugs:
Have any of you told your parents about your depression, and if so how did you do it - letter, phone, face-to-face? I feel I should let my parents know, but I'm apprehensive as to how they'll take it.
Reply 6473
Original post by bullettheory
:hugs: What happened? I know how frustrating bad appointments can be, writing down things can be a good idea. Maybe you could bring up what you forgot to mention with your social worker (presuming you are seeing them for MH things). :hugs:

Original post by Phoenix07
Sorry for the delay, back in university now though :smile:

Sorry your appointment didn't go well though hun, what happened? But yer if you feel you aren't getting your point across and are missing stuff out it can help to go in with a list to give to them!

Hope you're alright though? :hugs:

Thanks :hugs:. I just cant explain it well :colondollar:. Its just that my psychiatrist thinks that my mood is mainly caused by my autism. She did say that I do have some depressive symptoms, but not enough for a full diagnosis. But I'm sure that I have it. I'm mostly in a bad mood, never feel like doing anything, cant concentrate on my studies, and can't stop thinking how crap my life is and how everyone else has fun. I'm just so confused as to what to do now.

I will try and bring it up tomorrow, and will write things down. Although it isn't really for MH, I'm sure what I'm writing still links in to it.

So I'm gonna start writing now :smile: (hopefully :tongue:)
Original post by avhhs
Thanks :hugs:. I just cant explain it well :colondollar:. Its just that my psychiatrist thinks that my mood is mainly caused by my autism. She did say that I do have some depressive symptoms, but not enough for a full diagnosis. But I'm sure that I have it. I'm mostly in a bad mood, never feel like doing anything, cant concentrate on my studies, and can't stop thinking how crap my life is and how everyone else has fun. I'm just so confused as to what to do now.

I will try and bring it up tomorrow, and will write things down. Although it isn't really for MH, I'm sure what I'm writing still links in to it.

That sounds pretty frustrating. I have the same - I've had 4 different diagnoses over time, they just can't seem to make up their mind - keep changing from one to another, and recently they said they didn't think I had depression, which was pretty annoying because I certainly felt depressed! I hope it sorts itself out soon, if you think it isn't getting you the right treatment, you can ask for a second opinion from another CPN/Psychiatrist etc. Good luck with the social worker :smile:
Original post by avhhs

Ah yer I know what you mean, that is pretty annoying hun! Apparently all of my issues are just because I am a bit stressed by uni and it'll all be fine once I finish at uni! My anxiety and depression issues that I have been having for years, and my poor eyesight that I have had since a child is all just because of uni! it is annoying, but hope they listen to you at somepoint so you can get the support you need!

Goodluck with the list writing though hun! If you talk to the social worker about it though I am sure she'll be able to give you advice if nothing else :smile:

:hugs: hope you're ok!
Reply 6476
Original post by bullettheory
That sounds pretty frustrating. I have the same - I've had 4 different diagnoses over time, they just can't seem to make up their mind - keep changing from one to another, and recently they said they didn't think I had depression, which was pretty annoying because I certainly felt depressed! I hope it sorts itself out soon, if you think it isn't getting you the right treatment, you can ask for a second opinion from another CPN/Psychiatrist etc. Good luck with the social worker :smile:

Original post by Phoenix07
Ah yer I know what you mean, that is pretty annoying hun! Apparently all of my issues are just because I am a bit stressed by uni and it'll all be fine once I finish at uni! My anxiety and depression issues that I have been having for years, and my poor eyesight that I have had since a child is all just because of uni! it is annoying, but hope they listen to you at somepoint so you can get the support you need!

Goodluck with the list writing though hun! If you talk to the social worker about it though I am sure she'll be able to give you advice if nothing else :smile:

:hugs: hope you're ok!

:hugs: Thanks I will write things down for tomorrow and see what happens both with the social worker and the psychiatrist. Really do want to get better soon and for everything else to get good.
Original post by avhhs
:hugs: Thanks I will write things down for tomorrow and see what happens both with the social worker and the psychiatrist. Really do want to get better soon and for everything else to get good.

I hope you manage to get it all sorted to hun :smile: you know where I am if you want to chat about things! :hugs:

Original post by sunfowers01
Have any of you told your parents about your depression, and if so how did you do it - letter, phone, face-to-face? I feel I should let my parents know, but I'm apprehensive as to how they'll take it.

Sorry can't be much help because I haven't told my parents and don't intend to, but that is just because of other family stuff! I am sure your parents will just be concerned with helping you to feel better about everything though! Goodluck :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
repost due to delay:

hi can someone tell me if this is normal

it was around the end of last year where I became seriously depressed for a couple of weeks, and since then it's been up and down (sleeping pills, and an anti-depressant because it helps with sleep too, but I think my gp gave it to me for sleep and hopefully it would help with the depression, but he put me on this quite soonish) which didn't do much

Since then it has literally been like a roller coaster. One minute I can be fine, and literally the next I will be extremely low, and then a few hours after this I will be fine again. I don't know if this is still depression because it comes and goes so quick (although when it started last year it was constant for a week or 2). And I feel bad/guilty for feeling good, but when I properly feel depressed again it's almost like a relief that I wasn't making it up, but then I go back to normal and feel guilty again. I have also been on a different AD since the beginning of this year

is this normal?
Original post by Anonymous
repost due to delay:

hi can someone tell me if this is normal

it was around the end of last year where I became seriously depressed for a couple of weeks, and since then it's been up and down (sleeping pills, and an anti-depressant because it helps with sleep too, but I think my gp gave it to me for sleep and hopefully it would help with the depression, but he put me on this quite soonish) which didn't do much

Since then it has literally been like a roller coaster. One minute I can be fine, and literally the next I will be extremely low, and then a few hours after this I will be fine again. I don't know if this is still depression because it comes and goes so quick (although when it started last year it was constant for a week or 2). And I feel bad/guilty for feeling good, but when I properly feel depressed again it's almost like a relief that I wasn't making it up, but then I go back to normal and feel guilty again. I have also been on a different AD since the beginning of this year

is this normal?

I haven't actually been diagnosed with anything but I can completely relate to that, if it helps any. My moods aren't as up and down as yours though, mine are usually 2ish months of feeling awful followed by a week or so of being not too bad and then the cycle starts again.

Hope it gets sorted soon :hugs:

Latest