The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel Economics and Business - Unit4b wider Environment <

I'm really stressed out for this exam! Finding the 20 and 30 marks hard.
Does anyone have any tips?
Reply 1
Original post by tasha521
I'm really stressed out for this exam! Finding the 20 and 30 marks hard.
Does anyone have any tips?

IS the exam on the transport industry?
I did the transport industry in February 2012 and I am resitting it this June. The 20 and 30 mark questions are fairly similar in terms of structure and referring to the case-study. I took an essay based approach to these questions and in class essays I achieved high Bs-As.

* You need to define the key term in the question (be precise) and come up with a line of argument.
* It is a statement, so you will need to argue in favour (with reference to different theories and the relevant evidence) followd by your counter argument (again using theories and evidence). On the mark scheme if you can look on both sides you are guaranteed a high level 3 / low level 4, so it's important to construct a balanced argument.
* Examiners do get pretty irritated if people do not refer to the case-study (as it was released six months to a year before), so just say something along the lines of, "in evidence A...." to back up your point or to make cross-references.

As the 30 mark question is worth more marks, you will need to develop this response and add something to make your essay stand out.

I'd recommend that you take a look at some of the work Gerald Wood has produced as it was very helpful in developing understanding and the different points you can consider.

Good luck! :smile:

I hope this doesn't derail the thread, but does anyone have tips on achieving an A grade?
Reply 3
Anyone resitting unit 3 in June?
Reply 4

I am:frown:
Reply 5
Original post by kingam
I am:frown:

is there no threads on TSR at all for these 2 units
Reply 6
Original post by Tyles

Not as I know off:frown: only this for unit 4 and there ain't any for unit 3
Reply 7
Original post by Tyles

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1946955&page=2&page=2

short thread though:frown:
Reply 8
Original post by politics_student
I did the transport industry in February 2012 and I am resitting it this June. The 20 and 30 mark questions are fairly similar in terms of structure and referring to the case-study. I took an essay based approach to these questions and in class essays I achieved high Bs-As.

* You need to define the key term in the question (be precise) and come up with a line of argument.
* It is a statement, so you will need to argue in favour (with reference to different theories and the relevant evidence) followd by your counter argument (again using theories and evidence). On the mark scheme if you can look on both sides you are guaranteed a high level 3 / low level 4, so it's important to construct a balanced argument.
* Examiners do get pretty irritated if people do not refer to the case-study (as it was released six months to a year before), so just say something along the lines of, "in evidence A...." to back up your point or to make cross-references.

As the 30 mark question is worth more marks, you will need to develop this response and add something to make your essay stand out.

I'd recommend that you take a look at some of the work Gerald Wood has produced as it was very helpful in developing understanding and the different points you can consider.

Good luck! :smile:

I hope this doesn't derail the thread, but does anyone have tips on achieving an A grade?

hi,

can you send me a link or copy of the gerald wood material... i would really love to have a look, please send me a copy..
thanks
Reply 9

I'm going to start a thread for unit 3 on the 14th of June
Reply 10
Original post by zabamgboye1
I'm going to start a thread for unit 3 on the 14th of June

How did you find unit 3
Reply 11
Original post by kingam
Not as I know off:frown: only this for unit 4 and there ain't any for unit 3

Unit 4:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1999546&page=2&p=38154587#post38154587

This one is pretty good! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
How did you find unit 3

well, the last 2 questions I answered really badly. Did not read the 15 marker correctly and so ended up writing on the wrong thing. So scared of what ill get. How did you find it?
Reply 13
Original post by zabamgboye1
well, the last 2 questions I answered really badly. Did not read the 15 marker correctly and so ended up writing on the wrong thing. So scared of what ill get. How did you find it?

i didn't have enough time to answer them in enough detail . Hopefully the grade boundaries will be low.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending