The Student Room Group

French aqa listening exam 14th may 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I didn't sit the exam myself, but people in my year who are reasonably good at languages as far as I know said it was hard.
Reply 21
This was one of the hardest papers I've ever done, I'm supposed to be a* in French but this paper was just horrible. The examples took the mick too! Especially the farmer example, "I'm a farmer, I work on a farm, I have cows and chickens" Well Duhhh!! Also, there was less thinking time I thought, and the layout was strange with the last 2 written questions being split by another multiple-choice. I'm hoping the grade boundaries are low, otherwise I'm in deep water!
my teacher said that the steak was too rare. futhermore the correct answer was furniture shop not factory and i know that for a fact. could anybody care to tell me what the hell went on for the last question? i said the girl was pissed because some kids were noisy on the campsite..? AND WTF. that guy who got dumped was hilarious?!
there was a riot that broke out at my school, everyone found it that hard a riot went down and the teachers were ambushed...:l
Reply 23
Original post by miffleberry24
there was a riot that broke out at my school, everyone found it that hard a riot went down and the teachers were ambushed...:l

wow... thats quite a reaction! :P
Original post by domp27
wow... thats quite a reaction! :P

I know right it was crazy as?!

for the food one.. i think i put...
curry was cold
the desert was too sugary or something
the steak was rare
and the desert had to much cream lolz:tongue:
Reply 25
I think I have done really badly! :frown:
What did you put for the holiday question, what was the girls opinion and what did her Dad think? I even got confused on question one!
Reply 26
Original post by miffleberry24
my teacher said that the steak was too rare. futhermore the correct answer was furniture shop not factory and i know that for a fact. could anybody care to tell me what the hell went on for the last question? i said the girl was pissed because some kids were noisy on the campsite..? AND WTF. that guy who got dumped was hilarious?!

oh and did he actually get dumped? i wasnt sure whether he got dumped or if the relationship was hitting a rough patch.
Reply 27
Damn! That was so difficult. Harder than any of the past papers I've done.

For the last questions, I wrote that the guy's girlfriend spends too much time with her friends, but I'm pretty sure that's wrong xD.
I didn't know any questions would come up about food :s-smilie:, I just wrote that the steak was chewy (FAIL) and I also wrote that the curry was too spicy, which I heard is wrong because apparently it was the fact that it was too cold :/.
For the job thing, I think I did factory, and something about testing beds, I can't remember.
But all-in-all, if the reading doesn't go really well, I'm screwed!
Reply 28
I think I got the wrong end of the stick with the holidays one, I put that he liked it because he went for a walk in the forest...! :/
errrrrr ithink i put the girl wasnt sure ( i think thats wrong) and i said she didnt like it because there was noise from kids that kept them up..
err i think i put the dad said it was negative and something about how the girl wanted to stay in a hotel or something???:tongue:
Reply 30
the dad didnt like it cos he had a dream of walking through the forest beforehand, but that didnt actually happen. and for the next holiday his daughter only wants to go to a luxury hotel for the next holiday.
Reply 31
Original post by domp27
the dad didnt like it cos he had a dream of walking through the forest beforehand, but that didnt actually happen. and for the next holiday his daughter only wants to go to a luxury hotel for the next holiday.

LAAWWWWWWWWWWWLLL

dom
Reply 32
Original post by domp27

Ohhhh!! That kinda makes sense now thinking about it... Oh well. Hopefully the reading will be way better
i said the dad didnt like it because he had chronic diorreah? you guys recon some method marks will be available?
Reply 34
Now it makes sense!! :smile:
For the food one i put that the dessert was bitter as it didn't have enough sugar
I had no idea what the guy was going on about with the hotel in the last question. I just said that He was disappointed because he wanted to go for walks in the forest, but couldn't coz it rained.
My teacher gave me this random vocab list with the oddest words on it that was sent from the board. I only learnt the words for health and relationships, but so many came up so I'm gonna look over the rest of it for the reading. Hope that goes slightly better.
How can the answer for the beds question be in a furniture shop? I clearly heard that he works for a company who manufactures (fabriquer) beds.
for the question on relationships it was that he wanted her all to himself :smile: and i think the 1st part of it was that he wasnt seeing her much or something, did anyone else HATE the francois part? i found most of it manageable except for that
Reply 37
Original post by m.k.os
My teacher gave me this random vocab list with the oddest words on it that was sent from the board. I only learnt the words for health and relationships, but so many came up so I'm gonna look over the rest of it for the reading. Hope that goes slightly better.

that is really interesting. i dont think we got such a list. could u maybe share that with us? might be helpful.
Reply 38
Ermm... do u all have the reading on thursday 17th may?

I hope thats more comprehendable --- #nahhwhatimean

I hope it is... from the result of my listening.. feels like its gunna be hard.. ahh! :O
the guy worked in a factory and the other guy loved his job and enjoyed receiving presents i think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending