The Student Room Group

GCSE'S HELP (Please Read)

Anyone who did either of these subjects.
- Maths (Edexcel)
- English Language (AQA)
- English Literature (AQA)
- Combined Science (AQA)
- Geography (OCR B)
- Information Technology (OCR)
- Business Studies (Edexcel)
- Citizenship (Edexcel)
- French (AQA)

And got 8's and 9's please please please could you give me advice and possible a time-table for a Year 10 aiming for 8's and 9's :smile:

Also I'm doing my Citizenship GCSE in May and I got a 6 on my mock....
for French: I would try to create quizlets online to help you learn the vocabulary. Also I would aim to create key sentences with perfect grammar and complex structure to use in many different speaking exams, or writing exams.
for Maths: I would recommend flashcards for difficult equations and when you get nearer mocks just doing practice questions and past paper questions, correcting and marking, then redoing questions you got wrong
Original post by s.att
Anyone who did either of these subjects.
- Maths (Edexcel)
- English Language (AQA)
- English Literature (AQA)
- Combined Science (AQA)
- Geography (OCR B)
- Information Technology (OCR)
- Business Studies (Edexcel)
- Citizenship (Edexcel)
- French (AQA)

And got 8's and 9's please please please could you give me advice and possible a time-table for a Year 10 aiming for 8's and 9's :smile:

Also I'm doing my Citizenship GCSE in May and I got a 6 on my mock....
From my experience:

Sciences - Making personal notes/rewriting a whole textbook summarised with key points required to learn (not just random info). That way, essential information sticks to your brain as you mind-map each unique idea through font and style on paper. If you want to make things stand out in your notes to remember some key points, try drawing diagrams to add to your notes. That way, you are able to recognise the section of info you've summarised - make it stand out!

Watching videos online helps me fill the gaps in knowledge for different sciences. I recommend Primrose Kitten and FreeScienceLessons on YouTube!

English - Practice papers - Moreover, warm up with writing until you're comfortable with writing at a fast pace. (A fun thing I find which helps expand my vocabulary is by watching Netflix shows!)

Maths - Honestly, I don't think you can really 'revise' maths - so instead, make sure you understand all the concepts and correlations in the curriculum.

Remember, this is my way of studying to get 9s for each subject; Additionally, each person has their own style of revision - so I advise you try different revision strategies and find one which works best for you!
Good luck with the revision!
Reply 3
Original post by jelllyfiiish
From my experience:

Sciences - Making personal notes/rewriting a whole textbook summarised with key points required to learn (not just random info). That way, essential information sticks to your brain as you mind-map each unique idea through font and style on paper. If you want to make things stand out in your notes to remember some key points, try drawing diagrams to add to your notes. That way, you are able to recognise the section of info you've summarised - make it stand out!

Watching videos online helps me fill the gaps in knowledge for different sciences. I recommend Primrose Kitten and FreeScienceLessons on YouTube!

English - Practice papers - Moreover, warm up with writing until you're comfortable with writing at a fast pace. (A fun thing I find which helps expand my vocabulary is by watching Netflix shows!)

Maths - Honestly, I don't think you can really 'revise' maths - so instead, make sure you understand all the concepts and correlations in the curriculum.

Remember, this is my way of studying to get 9s for each subject; Additionally, each person has their own style of revision - so I advise you try different revision strategies and find one which works best for you!
Good luck with the revision!
OMG Thank you!!!
Original post by s.att
OMG Thank you!!!
No problem! I hope you get youre 8s and 9s!
French - practice speaking as much as you can with someone else, memrise, quizlet, past papers, listen to French music/podcasts
Reply 6
Original post by erin11
French - practice speaking as much as you can with someone else, memrise, quizlet, past papers, listen to French music/podcasts

Thank you, but how do I learn the vocabulary that may come up but I just don't know it?
Original post by s.att
Thank you, but how do I learn the vocabulary that may come up but I just don't know it?
make a massive quizlet set with all new words/that you don't know from past papers and lessons

Quick Reply

Latest