The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jeh_jeh
Sorry. :colondollar:

Spoiler

Lace one, definitely :smile:
I'm nervous! I listed a few bits of furniture on Gumtree and a guy has emailed asking to collect today - I've never done this before eek!

In other news, I'm going to IKEA today :woo: :biggrin:
xx
I love heels! Shoes in general to be honest, I'm terrible :colondollar: I tower over most people anyway, and all my friends are pretty short, so for a while I stopped buying them, but I had a bit of a revelation over Easter and decided I don't even care. If I like the stupidly high shoes, I will buy them and I will wear them, and if my head gets chopped off photographs so be it! The boy is alright with anything other than 2 pairs of my heels though, and even then I'm only an inch or two taller, and he says he quite likes it :tongue:
I'd have to wear 8 inch heels to be as tall as the boy, so he's safe :tongue:

Right, off for a run. Not really in the mood (feeling slightly groggy thanks to waking up at 5am when my housemate came in), but I know I'll feel better once I've done it.
I wish I could walk around in heels for longer than about 30mins before my feet hurt :tongue:
Original post by *Interrobang*
I wish I could walk around in heels for longer than about 30mins before my feet hurt :tongue:

Same here Katie :frown: I love pretty heels but I can never wear them, plus my bunions make it hard for me to find normal shoes too.
I can't wear high heels without my feet hurting about half an hour or so. Save wedges, can manage them but they don't always go with everything.
I'm short, so I'll stick to being short and wear flats/small heels.
I'm the same. The only time I really wear heels is for formals, and even then it's only low ones (and I have the benefit of a bottle of wine to numb the pain :tongue:)

As predicted, I'm feeling much more awake after my run :smile: Need to shower/get dressed so I can go into town. I swear I go in practically ever day atm - since I have no lectures, it's a way of getting out of the house (can't stand to be inside all day, it drives me crazy)
Haha heels hurt my feet quickly too but I LOVE them so much I power through the pain or go sit down :tongue: I'm so bad though I need to stop buying more shoes I don't need... clothes aren't my friends at the moment though! :sad:
Just bitten the bullet and ordered clothes online (which I have never done before). Got 25% off, so even with the delivery (about £1.50 more than if I had got the train to the shop myself), it cost less than the dress! Had a £10 gift card from Christmas too :smile: The dress I ordered. What do you girls think? I have to be careful with dresses, as the ones that don't flow out at the bottom tend to look awful on me with my large hips
Original post by *Interrobang*
Just bitten the bullet and ordered clothes online (which I have never done before). Got 25% off, so even with the delivery (about £1.50 more than if I had got the train to the shop myself), it cost less than the dress! Had a £10 gift card from Christmas too :smile: The dress I ordered. What do you girls think? I have to be careful with dresses, as the ones that don't flow out at the bottom tend to look awful on me with my large hips

Ohhhh that dress is gorgeous!!! :biggrin: I'm sure it'll look fantastic!
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaawjus :biggrin:

I'm dead jealous of you girls and your lovely dresses. I hate clothes shopping at the moment, really puts me in a hideous mood.
Original post by Stray_talk

I'm dead jealous of you girls and your lovely dresses. I hate clothes shopping at the moment, really puts me in a hideous mood.

:console: me too! came home in the WORST mood the other day after shopping :sad:
Original post by Stray_talk

I haven't tried it on yet! May be a whole different story then :tongue:
urgh, while I had an awesome time at the beach yesterday and met some really lovely people, I couldn't help feel like the fattest person there! They all had flat stomachs there and whatever and i felt like even while i was sucking in I was the largest there by a loooong shot! :sad: properly depressed me :sad:
Reply 7795
Original post by Jellybean91
urgh, while I had an awesome time at the beach yesterday and met some really lovely people, I couldn't help feel like the fattest person there! They all had flat stomachs there and whatever and i felt like even while i was sucking in I was the largest there by a loooong shot! :sad: properly depressed me :sad:

I always felt like this around the super-skinny Italians, too. :hugs: But then I realised, after seeing one of them eating two of those frankfurter sausage things for her dinner, I'd rather have boobs and a bum than be a stick. Of course, I'd like to lose a bit more weight, but I guess you just have to keep reminding yourself that the starvation isn't worth it. Women are, after all, meant to be a bit soft (unless you're an athlete, or something). :hugs:
Original post by jeh_jeh
I always felt like this around the super-skinny Italians, too. :hugs: But then I realised, after seeing one of them eating two of those frankfurter sausage things for her dinner, I'd rather have boobs and a bum than be a stick. Of course, I'd like to lose a bit more weight, but I guess you just have to keep reminding yourself that the starvation isn't worth it. Women are, after all, meant to be a bit soft (unless you're an athlete, or something). :hugs:

Nah these girls were english/american :sad: I know its not worth it but urghhhhhh!! I don't remember the last time I had such a negative view of my body :sad:
Hi everyone! Haven't seen the laptop in ages so have had to read everything :biggrin:
So after a very mixed week, I'm actually okay right now :smile: Things have been kind of normal with Sven, a little bit up and down. Everything's hectic coming up to the last days of college, trying to sort out prom and student finance at the same time :/ Basically I've lost all my forms and stuff for SF and the deadline is soon :s-smilie: They were in envelopes ready to send off and everything -.- plus a Jubilee-themed present for Sven's mum :frown: I think I've got spare SF forms, but the present... :sigh: Just got a million things nagging at my mind saying "do me! do me!" and I intend to sweep through those today. Already sorted the hair appt for prom. Now need to spend lots of money on bra and shoes :frown:

Sven and I have started planning for July :smile: Only six weeks away! Hopefully we won't get on each other's nerves over the twelve days :/

Interestingly I saw a picture of his ex-girlfriend (the one he was with for 8 months, the American) for the first time just now, and you know what? She's not anywhere near as stunningly beautiful as I thought she was. I feel reassured. :tongue: Compared to how insecure I felt ALL THE TIME about his exes in general only a few months ago, I'm okay :u: Really been working on it and feel much better!
Nah these girls were english/american :sad: I know its not worth it but urghhhhhh!! I don't remember the last time I had such a negative view of my body :sad:

What Jess said is so true. I expect your boyfriend finds you incredibly hawt and as long as you fit into your clothes and are healthy, you're probably much more attractive than you think you are :wink:

I think you look beautiful, Jelly. :yes:

Latest