The Student Room Group

Sciences po admissions interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi everyone,
firstly... congrats to everyone who's been accepted by now! I am slightly jealous... :redface: :biggrin:
I've got my interview this week, really nervous!! - was actually quite surprised that they invited me! - and I've a silly question: what did you wear for your interview?? Really not sure about that and if I can't impress with knowledge, I want to look nice at least :biggrin:
Thanks a lot in advance!
Jackie
Reply 21
Original post by jaquemine
Hi everyone,
firstly... congrats to everyone who's been accepted by now! I am slightly jealous... :redface: :biggrin:
I've got my interview this week, really nervous!! - was actually quite surprised that they invited me! - and I've a silly question: what did you wear for your interview?? Really not sure about that and if I can't impress with knowledge, I want to look nice at least :biggrin:
Thanks a lot in advance!
Jackie

Hey congrats on your invitation! What campus are you going for?
Anyway, I opted for a casual style: jacket, trousers and boots (it was winter).
Good luck and let us know!! :wink:
Reply 22
I applied for the campus in Nancy! Second choice is Menton ^^
Aw, you're confusing me! :smile: A friend said she was wearing a proper dress and high heels but that was 4 years ago... I'd actually prefer a more casual dress, too... :rolleyes: Need to think about it...
Reply 23
I applied for the campus in Nancy! Second choice is Menton ^^
Aw, you're confusing me! :smile: A friend said she was wearing a proper dress and high heels but that was 4 years ago... I'd actually prefer a more casual dress, too... :rolleyes: Need to think about it...

Well, the rest of the people in the waiting room were all wearing casual clothes if this can help you...I'd just suggest you to wear what makes you comfortable! :biggrin:
Remember that you are going to have an interview,so being at your ease is the most important thing to succeed :smile:

May I ask where are you from?
Why would anyone want to go to a second rate school like sc po?
As far as I can see it's not even in the top 500 of any international rankings I know.
Reply 26
Original post by Antifascist
Why would anyone want to go to a second rate school like sc po?

Let's see,what's your ideal first rate school then?
All the French Presidents have studied at SciencesPo, I wouldn't class it as a ''second rate school''...
Reply 27
As far as I can see it's not even in the top 500 of any international rankings I know.

''Once you are picking in the top 10 unis in each of the top 20 economies you will be in a good uni. Sciences Po fits that description.''
Original post by EvaLuna93
Let's see,what's your ideal first rate school then?
All the French Presidents have studied at SciencesPo, I wouldn't class it as a ''second rate school''...

French presidents are always populists who are outside the true academic elite.
Look at Sarkozy's cabinet, they were all ENA graduates.
The president needs to appeal to the public, they can't have one that's seen as too elite.
Reply 29
French presidents are always populists who are outside the true academic elite.
Look at Sarkozy's cabinet, they were all ENA graduates.
The president needs to appeal to the public, they can't have one that's seen as too elite.

ENA's graduates usually come from Sciences Po. Have you ever applied to SciencesPo? Or do you even know how the selection process works? It's a tough school to get into,almost as Oxford. And do remember that LSE took inspiration from SciencesPo Paris.
ENA's graduates usually come from Sciences Po. Have you ever applied to SciencesPo? Or do you even know how the selection process works? It's a tough school to get into,almost as Oxford. And do remember that LSE took inspiration from SciencesPo Paris.

ENA is a grand ecole, meaning they get their grads from prepas, not science po.
I know this because I lived in France for a few years. I looked up the stats and sc po is nowhere near as competitive as oxford. There is about a 30% success rate for sc po international students. If you're talking about sc po for french citizens, that's relatively competitive, but it isn't really for international students. I have 3 friends that go to sc po and they are definitely not the smartest people I know.
Reply 31
ENA is a grand ecole, meaning they get their grads from prepas, not science po.
I know this because I lived in France for a few years. I looked up the stats and sc po is nowhere near as competitive as oxford. There is about a 30% success rate for sc po international students. If you're talking about sc po for french citizens, that's relatively competitive, but it isn't really for international students. I have 3 friends that go to sc po and they are definitely not the smartest people I know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fran%C3%A7ois_Hollande He attended both ScPo AND ENA.
Anyway,I keep on believing that it is a really good school,especially for the professional opportunities it gives you.
Reply 32

May I ask where are you from?

EvaLuna, I am from Germany.. Which part of Italy are you from?
Reply 33
Original post by ZebraEagle
Ah, I am so glad to meet someone! Is there some sort of facebook group in which we meet others too? Yes, extremely excited :smile:

My interview was quite ok -- I was dead scared I hadn't done that well, but the questions weren't too bad and I had prepared myself in advance for the "Why Sciences Po?" question, so that part went pretty well for sure.

I wish there was a facebook group to meet the others. So far I have not been able to find one :/ but its nice to know at least one other person, going there next year.

haha I also made sure I really had my answer down pat for the " Why Sciences Po" question :smile:
Reply 34
EvaLuna, I am from Germany.. Which part of Italy are you from?

I am from Sicily! :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by iyone
I wish there was a facebook group to meet the others. So far I have not been able to find one :/ but its nice to know at least one other person, going there next year.

haha I also made sure I really had my answer down pat for the " Why Sciences Po" question :smile:

There are quite a lot actually!
This is for Nancy : http://www.facebook.com/groups/253784731372998/ and this is for Menton: http://www.facebook.com/groups/323487414388725/ :smile:
I don't know the others,but if you look it up on fb u'll find them :wink:
Reply 36
I am from Sicily! :smile:

Oooh!!! That is lovely! Some of my former work colleagues were from Sicily and it's supposed to be a nice place! lucky you :smile:
Reply 37
Oooh!!! That is lovely! Some of my former work colleagues were from Sicily and it's supposed to be a nice place! lucky you :smile:

Thanks ^^ And which part of Germany are you from? I saw many Germans around,most of them applied to Nancy :P
Where were you working to know some Sicilians??
Reply 38
I'm from Erfurt which is actually right in the middle of Germany and quite boring.... :biggrin:
I've been working in London until February and we had some Italians selling ads in our magazines to Italian companies...
Yep, that's why I'd actually almost prefer to come to the Menton campus... For some reason, I don't like meeting other Germans abroad :biggrin:
Reply 39
I'm from Erfurt which is actually right in the middle of Germany and quite boring.... :biggrin:
I've been working in London until February and we had some Italians selling ads in our magazines to Italian companies...
Yep, that's why I'd actually almost prefer to come to the Menton campus... For some reason, I don't like meeting other Germans abroad :biggrin:

ahahah same feeling with my fellow Italians (even though they're much nicer abroad) :biggrin: Why don't you switch to Menton as first choice? I would have loved to have you in my class!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending