The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA B PSYB4 18th June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by SM12
Does anyone know if for the A02 you have to include a topic such as schizophrenia or cog.development in the approaches question? or is it just comparing to other approaches that gets you extra A02

actual studies you get few marks but i did in my homework essays and have got 10/11 as long as you write strengths and weaknesses you'll be fine.... do you have any predictions :] x
Reply 61
Original post by lamxox
actual studies you get few marks but i did in my homework essays and have got 10/11 as long as you write strengths and weaknesses you'll be fine.... do you have any predictions :] x

Oh right, thanks, im going to learn them thoroughly then. nope, i have no predictions but we get two options in part A, so it shouldnt be too bad:smile:
Reply 62
does anyone have any predictions for the 12 mark essays for perspectives and debates?????? :smile:
Original post by SM12
Does anyone know if for the A02 you have to include a topic such as schizophrenia or cog.development in the approaches question? or is it just comparing to other approaches that gets you extra A02

quite often the essay questions say 'refer to at least one topic' or 'refer to at least one application' so it depends really.
Original post by Over The Rainbow X
I am currently making powerpoints for PSYB4 and posting them on PsychExchange.

This is my user if anyone is interested - http://www.psychexchange.co.uk/profile/51665/

Thank you very much for these, very useful.
In approaches, have you not learnt about the structure of a neuron e.g. axon, nodes of ranvier etc. We learnt this for both PSYB2 and PSYB4, it's just that if you haven't been taught that this year, then i don't have to learn it :smile:
Original post by buttercup94
Thank you very much for these, very useful.
In approaches, have you not learnt about the structure of a neuron e.g. axon, nodes of ranvier etc. We learnt this for both PSYB2 and PSYB4, it's just that if you haven't been taught that this year, then i don't have to learn it :smile:

For PSYB4, if you're referring to biological approach I think it's enough to know about nervous system, hormones, chromosomes and genes :smile:
Reply 66
What examples of studies are there that are idiographic and studies that are nomothetic?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by AmyBarbie
What examples of studies are there that are idiographic and studies that are nomothetic?

For idiographic you can use Little Hans/Genie and use the psychodynamic approach/Humanistic and then for nomothetic you can use Milgram's study of obedience :smile:
Reply 68
Original post by sorayagrace
For idiographic you can use Little Hans/Genie and use the psychodynamic approach/Humanistic and then for nomothetic you can use Milgram's study of obedience :smile:

Thanks.
Do you know what questions came up in jan 2012?

Original post by lamxox

Free Will and Determinism.
Reply 70
How does gestalt psychology link into holism vs reductionism?

Reply 71
what kind of psychology as a science 12 marker questions could we get?
or 4 markers? like "outline what makes a science" or "limitations of psychology as a science" that kinda thing?
Reply 72
do we need to know about common sense and science because it came up in 2008,2007 and 2006 but it isn't on the spec?????
Reply 73
Original post by lamxox
do we need to know about common sense and science because it came up in 2008,2007 and 2006 but it isn't on the spec?????

if it's not on the spec, then no.
Reply 74
Original post by lumayaa
if it's not on the spec, then no.

okay thank you :smile:
Reply 75
are the 12 markers, still 4-8 split?

like 4 AO1'S and 8 AO2's?

any sample essay plans? i really need to get the structure right :/
for instance;
Outline the behaviourist and cognitive approaches in psychology and evaluate at least
one application of each approach
Original post by lamxox

They've taken it out of the spec, so no not really. To be honest there is only about 3past papers that is related to our spec
Reply 78
Does anyone know what questions came up in january for this paper? particularly for the debates section
Reply 79
Original post by SM12
Does anyone know what questions came up in january for this paper? particularly for the debates section

there wasn't a PSYB4 paper in January; they're only in June! so we only have June 2011 n 2010 to work with as past questions from the new spec!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending