The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Craghyrax
I recommend charity shops. There are dozens of them on Burleigh street by the Grafton, which is coincidentally the same street that Primark is on as a fall back option.
Its a bit harder for shoes, but then my formal black shoes came from the online Oxfam second hand clothing store and they were actually brand new, but clearly donated by some company that couldn't sell enough or something.

Thanks, will have a look there :smile: I am allergic to clothes shopping, so am going to try and get them as quickly as possible!

And have PM-ed you :smile:
Original post by Chubasco
Thanks, will have a look there :smile: I am allergic to clothes shopping, so am going to try and get them as quickly as possible!

And have PM-ed you :smile:

Yes I despise clothes shopping too. But its not too bad if you go on week day mornings.
My results are STILL not up on CamSIS. I'm starting to get quite angry now (I've been waiting since 10am) and they'll be going up at Senate House in about 15 minutes... :-(
Original post by mingo_poppy
My results are STILL not up on CamSIS. I'm starting to get quite angry now (I've been waiting since 10am) and they'll be going up at Senate House in about 15 minutes... :-(

That's not good. :frown: Have you not heard from your DoS or anything? If it's any consolation, I'd imagine that SH will close in an hour or so - if you nip down there and have a look, chances are you'll be one of the few people to see how you did (since everyone in your position will be far more interested in their own results!).

Best of luck! :hugs:
Thanks. i've got them now. Bitterly disappointed.
Reply 8865
Original post by scarlet ibis
8 and a half years ago for me :s-smilie:

Christ almighty - 9 years for me. :eek:
Original post by Adhsur
Christ almighty - 9 years for me. :eek:

oldies :colone:
Original post by Dumb Economist
oldies :colone:

:hand:

By the way does anyone know what the procedure is for visiting/watching graduation when you don't have a ticket? I seem to remember you can get into the Senate House garden area (where the exam results boards are) after the actual ceremony (where the graduands exit to) - can someone confirm this? Oh, and when do Pembroke graduate on Thursday? :h:
Original post by alex_hk90
:hand:

By the way does anyone know what the procedure is for visiting/watching graduation when you don't have a ticket? I seem to remember you can get into the Senate House garden area (where the exam results boards are) after the actual ceremony (where the graduands exit to) - can someone confirm this? Oh, and when do Pembroke graduate on Thursday? :h:

Someone told me that you can actually go watch the ceremony without if you are a member of the university (you just have to wear a gown). As an alumnus you should still count as a member. Not sure how true this is, but could be worth contacting Pembroke to see if this is true?
Original post by It could be lupus
Someone told me that you can actually go watch the ceremony without if you are a member of the university (you just have to wear a gown). As an alumnus you should still count as a member. Not sure how true this is, but could be worth contacting Pembroke to see if this is true?

Thanks - I was going to give them a call later today anyway. :smile:
Does anyone know if the cycling proficiency courses are still happening/might happen next october still? I know they had them in 2009, but that's a long time ago... I think I could probably do with it. I've seen a course in Germany, but it's expensive and is basically aimed at Hausfraus. Not that there's anything wrong with that... but still.

If I ever have children, I think cycling is gonna be the first thing they do, darnit. They can become trilingual later, but first things first, cycling.
(edited 11 years ago)
Is there anyone around who could take a photo of the Law Part IB lists for me, please? Thanks. :hugs:
Original post by Canned Door
Does anyone know if the cycling proficiency courses are still happening/might happen next october still? I know they had them in 2009, but that's a long time ago... I think I could probably do with it. I've seen a course in Germany, but it's expensive and is basically aimed at Hausfraus. Not that there's anything wrong with that... but still.

If I ever have children, I think cycling is gonna be the first thing they do, darnit. They can become trilingual later, but first things first, cycling.

No idea - doesn't look like it. The Student Advice Service page links these guys as being the local operation for Cambridge, but it's pretty expensive!
Original post by Tortious
Is there anyone around who could take a photo of the Law Part IB lists for me, please? Thanks. :hugs:

If I find a one bedroom flat within the next 3 hours then I will go to Senate House and photograph it for you :wink:

(Also, I officially love JS. He is the first and only supervisor I've had who's ever e-mailed me to congratulate me on my result :smile:)
Original post by gethsemane342
If I find a one bedroom flat within the next 3 hours then I will go to Senate House and photograph it for you :wink:

(Also, I officially love JS. He is the first and only supervisor I've had who's ever e-mailed me to congratulate me on my result :smile:)

Good. I expect you to do so.

(Aww, bless him. :love: I take it you got a First (in CPE at least) then? Congrats!

I'd have a sneaky peek at the class lists to see overall, but... :ninja:)

Preparing them for the practicalities of Cambridge before they can speak might be considered a little early to some. :tongue:

I thought the city council provided some reasonably priced courses, so that would be the place to start.
Anyone here know how one goes about asking for one's papers back/asking for a review of a mark? I'm not sure what the protocols are.
Original post by jjarvis
Anyone here know how one goes about asking for one's papers back/asking for a review of a mark? I'm not sure what the protocols are.

I think the best thing is to go through your DoS - leaving aside the complexity of the regulations, there doesn't seem to be much transparency (see here)...
Original post by jjarvis

I think you ask your DoS. I'd bear in mind that mark appeals are very rarely successful so I wouldn't get your hopes up if that's what you're aiming for. I think either you need to have extreme circumstances or they need to have majorly messed up.

Latest

Trending

Trending