The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2280
Original post by Jakeeyy
AAA, we was in a room with a woman who teaches masters and a girl asked about if we miss it by a grade, and she said if you firm us, like 70% of the time we will take you, if you insure us you will not be able to get in with lower grades.

Questioning how arbitrary 70% is haha.

What do you need?:smile:

Well at least that's a bit of reassurance! I need AAB!
Reply 2281
Original post by spoinkytheduck
Well if many have missed their offers I hope they have a lil more leniency :redface:
They're putting up a provisional clearing list on their website today so have a look if your course is on there if you like - it might put your mind at rest :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I doubt it will be haha.
Original post by QuorumVictory
Oh my brother went to Leeds :smile: What do you wanna do? And you never know what might happen! :smile:

I want to do Food Science.
Reply 2283
Original post by ecarf9
Well at least that's a bit of reassurance! I need AAB!

I'm hoping they let me in with AAB and i think i have either just got it, or just missd it.

Wah.
Original post by SecretCircus
:hello: Absolutely nothing! Haha, my friend gave me 50 Shades of Grey to read but I'm not sure...

What are you reading? :biggrin:

Hi! Ive read that! I thought it was pretty good tbh! Loads of people really don't like it but I was hooked and really couldn't put it down :smile: I read it just before my as resits which wasn't really a great idea :P

I'm currently reading the second game of thrones (clash of kings) and im finding it hard to get into :/ may move on to Harry potter or twilight! (something easy to keep me occupied :smile: )

:smile:
Original post by MKZebra
Leeds are my first choice but I don't fancy my chances of getting in too well. I'm prefectly happy to go to university of Notts though.

Leeds is my first choice too, but apparently they're really not sympathetic if you miss your offer. It's like, no chance.... which is why I'm scared.
Well, my frustration at eBay seems to be helping me ignore my nerves.
Original post by spoinkytheduck
Well if many have missed their offers I hope they have a lil more leniency :redface:
They're putting up a provisional clearing list on their website today so have a look if your course is on there if you like - it might put your mind at rest :smile:

Provisional clearing list? Where?
Original post by xoJessicaAnn
Leeds is my first choice too, but apparently they're really not sympathetic if you miss your offer. It's like, no chance.... which is why I'm scared.

Yeah, the department told me they hadn't accepted anyone below my offer, like, ever.
Reply 2289
Original post by bekylouisex3
Desperately need to prepare for clearing, just in case! How is everyone going about it? I'm thinking compile a list of unis I could be interested in then go from there.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation Z710e

Same I've got a list & all contact numbers, check Uni websites because some have already started listing vacancies!

I am SO SCARED.

I had a dream the other night about results day - I logged onto track, and found I had got a gold and two bronzes.....................

I feel sick to my stomach :frown:
Original post by Tenz
Same I've got a list & all contact numbers, check Uni websites because some have already started listing vacancies!

How have you gone about this?

Original post by Jellybeany
Hi! Ive read that! I thought it was pretty good tbh! Loads of people really don't like it but I was hooked and really couldn't put it down :smile: I read it just before my as resits which wasn't really a great idea :P

I'm currently reading the second game of thrones (clash of kings) and im finding it hard to get into :/ may move on to Harry potter or twilight! (something easy to keep me occupied :smile: )

Yeah my friend said she really liked it, but then my other one said she stopped reading it because it was so bad :lol:. I might give it a go, I don't have anything better to do :tongue:.

I haven't read a book in ages! Haha, at some point I will re-read all the HP books again.
Reply 2293
Original post by Jellybeany
How have you gone about this?

This should help you get clearing contacts.
Original post by YB101
I feel sick, how can I distract myself

Manic bike ride with an out of date hotdog in your stomach.

Then you'll feel sick for other reasons.

oh my, I feel excited and nervous at the same time!!!
Original post by MKZebra
Yeah, the department told me they hadn't accepted anyone below my offer, like, ever.

What is your offer?
I rang my department to ask about it a few months ago, and they said if you missed your offer, you wouldn't be able to handle the course so absolutely not :angry: then they sent me an automated email a few weeks ago about whether to ring on results day etc, and it was like 'all decisions are final.'
Original post by Tenz

WHERE is listing already? I keep finding blank clearing pages prepped for Thursday.
Original post by xoJessicaAnn
Provisional clearing list? Where?

I meant specifically for Newcastle on their website - so not sure if that is useful to you :redface:

What time can we check our results on the 16th, is it 6am or 8am?

Latest